Zotac releases ZBOX nano
I just read about this on TomsHardware. This lil guy measures in at 5x5 inches and includes AMD's E-350 APU 1.6 dual core and Radeon's HD 6310 for onboard video.
Apparently they are selling a barebones and a 'plus' version. The plus version comes with a hard drive and memory for $275. The barebones has no price yet.
I'm interested in how this will work for XBMC.
The link for the barebone can be found herehttp://www.zotacusa.com/zbox-amd-e-350-a...d10-u.html

Here's a link covering the PC in great detail. Thanks goes to FNC1 for the find: http://www.kitguru.net/desktop-pc/zardon...us-review/
Nice one... Perfect for traveling, think i will order one Smile
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
"New to the ZOTAC ZBOX nano AD10 series is an integrated infra-red receiver with bundled Windows Media Center compatible remote control a USB IR receiver is also bundled."

Does this mean there is a built-in IR receiver AND a USB one? Or is it a typo and it is just the USB one?

If there is a built in IR receiver it will be a very neat little HTPC.
if you look at the front pictures there seems to be an ir "window"

Maybe you can place the usb one inside the case OR outside?? That would be a nice feature.
1 empty slot for low pofile gpu upgrade would be nice.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
A low profile card there? I don't see how it could fit..
PatrickVogeli Wrote:A low profile card there? I don't see how it could fit..
if they think ahead, they could have made it fit and slot available for it!
http://techreport.com/articles.x/21556

I wonder how this little guy measures up to the CULV ZBOX ND22...performance wise, ie: AEON MQ3, OS Win7/LIVE/Openelec, etc.
Pretty sure that they were going for as small of a form factor as possible... adding available slots would defeat that goal.
bluray Wrote:if they think ahead, they could have made it fit and slot available for it!
no, they couldnt. The nano is 45mm in heigth, while a low profile card bracket's is ~80mm. Also, I doubt you'll find many video cards that are 10cm or less.
onizuka Wrote:http://techreport.com/articles.x/21556

I wonder how this little guy measures up to the CULV ZBOX ND22...performance wise, ie: AEON MQ3, OS Win7/LIVE/Openelec, etc.
somebody here compared one of those amd's to the celeron su2300.. the intel was much faster.
PatrickVogeli Wrote:no, they couldnt. The nano is 45mm in heigth, while a low profile card bracket's is ~80mm. Also, I doubt you'll find many video cards that are 10cm or less.
let me repeat- if they think ahead, they could have made the box slightly bigger or configured it differently with horizontal pci slot. if they want to include it, they'll find way to do it.

as the other guy said, they are trying to keep the price down and the box small. that is why they don't want to include extra option in it.

if they want to satisfy a guy (like me), they could have built it some other way!
yeah well, going bigger, sure they could Rolleyes
not bad, if its priced right
Too bad it is AMD and can't easily do hardware decoding in Ubuntu/Live, and would have to install Windows + XBMC to be able to properly decode HD video.

Unless I'm out of the loop, I'm pretty sure Nvidia GF8xxx and newer (ION etc) is the only to do proper HD hardware decoding on XBMC Live.
Mini-ITX HTPC: Zotac IONITX-A (GF9400), Mini-Box M350, 2x512MB DDR2-533, 160GB 2.5" HD, XBMC Live 10.1, 20W/30W (Idle/Max)
Media Server: 2x2GB DDR2-800, 6x2TB WD20EARS, FreeNAS 8.0.1-RC1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac releases ZBOX nano0