Multi-value button as spincontrol alternative
I would like to through in an idea for a control that would work very similar to spin controller, but instead of cycling through values would pop-up a list (similar to context menu) of available values. I think it would be more intuitive, faster and easier to use in some situations.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Can't you just use a list control with static content then?

What specifically did you want to fill it with?
Hitcher Wrote:Can't you just use a list control with static content then?

What specifically did you want to fill it with?

Well I was thinking about that I MAY try to do a touch screen skin. And it seamed to me as a better solution to scroll through a list of options instead of trying to press an arrow.

Other benefits would be that it's not hidden - you see all the available options at a glance and just pick one. In skin settings, you could logically group some of the options in order to decrease clutter.

The thing that bothered me a bit since the day 1 with XBMC is that it is not obvious (for the beginner) that an arrow has a focus or what does it do. With skins that use right or horizontal alignment for settings this produces a bit cumbersome navigation on spincontrolers, if you know what I mean.

When I compare changing regional settings (I know, you don't do this often) with picking up visualization preset - I feel much more comfortable with the second.

Shortly, I don't need this for anything particular ATM, I was just proposing something that may be beneficial.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-value button as spincontrol alternative0