[RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows
PantsOnFire Wrote:Really happy to see GameTrailers usable again on xbmc. Been without it for a while... used to use it daily... reverted to using the html site but it's so flash-heavy it eats my cpu for breakfast. Going to give this a try now, thanks!

Please keep in mind that there's a working official GameTrailers script from iZE. My script is specialized in that I created it specifically to scrape individual GT shows because I was having quite a lot of trouble finding the new episodes of ScrewAttack, Bonus Round, etc. with the official script.

My ultimate goal is to consolidate my script with iZEs script for a single GT addon but I haven't had much time lately to dig into the code.

In any event, I have been using my script every day now for a month or so and its working great. We'll see how well it scales as thousands of XBMC users start using it.
Okay cool. Well thanks for it anyway. Do you think it might be an idea to limit the lists to 50 items? then have a 'next page' in the way the YouTube add-on does.

Would be super to see some thumbnails too!

- iZe's script fails to work for me. It grabs the lists, navigates around ok, but the videos flat-out don't play, I believe it's the same for other people as well.
Hello and thanks again for a wonderful addon.

But i got a new problem.
When i trying to start the addon with username/password i got a error message. "Script Failed"
But if i uncheck login with username/password it works flawless.
And i have used the right Username/password Cool

My debug log
[HTML]http://pastebin.com/6ghqpHNS[/HTML]
PantsOnFire Wrote:Okay cool. Well thanks for it anyway. Do you think it might be an idea to limit the lists to 50 items? then have a 'next page' in the way the YouTube add-on does.

Yea, I'll try to look into how to do that in the next week or so.

PantsOnFire Wrote:Would be super to see some thumbnails too!

I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm already nervous about scraping web sites as it is (some places are really anal like The Escapist and they flat out ban your ip address when they catch you). I'll play around a little and see.

PantsOnFire Wrote:- iZe's script fails to work for me. It grabs the lists, navigates around ok, but the videos flat-out don't play, I believe it's the same for other people as well.

Wow... I did not know that. It works ok for me. Hmm... I wonder why it would work for some and not for others? All XBMC scripts should be using the same Python interpreter...
zidewinder Wrote:Hello and thanks again for a wonderful addon.

But i got a new problem.
When i trying to start the addon with username/password i got a error message. "Script Failed"

But if i uncheck login with username/password it works flawless.
And i have used the right Username/password Cool

Yup, create a folder called .\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.gametrailers.exclusives\resources\cookies

For some reason, the devs deleted the cookies folder when I checked in this release. I'll add some code in v1.0.4 to create the folder if it doesn't exist.

zidewinder Wrote:My debug log
[HTML]http://pastebin.com/6ghqpHNS[/HTML]

This url is bad.
Hi again,
I've got this working as I've re-install Dharma. Is there any chance you can add GTTV to the list of specials, as it doesn't come up in IZE's script either?
TIA
filmfreak71 Wrote:Is there any chance you can add GTTV to the list of specials

GT is very protective of GTTV and unlike all the other videos, you have to dig through a deep tree of nested JSON scripts to get to the actual video files for GTTV episodes.

I record GTTV on my DirecTV DVR each week (on the Spike channel) so I'm not really sure I want to put forth the effort required to index that specific show.

BUT, if I get some spare time this week I'll take another look at it and see if I can come up with something.
Totally understand, but as I'm in the UK, GTTV isn't shown over here, so the only way to watch it is on the web, being able to watch it in XBMC again would be awesome.
hello everyone!
just a word...yes!! I would like to see gttv on xbmc,in France you can't see it!!
It would begrzat!!
thanks again for your work!
cheers
filmfreak71 Wrote:Totally understand, but as I'm in the UK, GTTV isn't shown over here, so the only way to watch it is on the web

bakito Wrote:hello everyone!
yes!! I would like to see gttv on xbmc,in France you can't see it!!
It would begrzat!!
thanks again for your work!

Sorry about that, sometimes I forget the Internet is global. Let me work on it some more and see if I can come up with a reliable way to index GTTV.
thank you for your time and work!
cheers
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks. It's been working beautify, keep up the great work
thx for plugin! works like a charm Smile

Any chance of getting it in HD?

I noticed in the video url, the HD-version was named "+1"

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/previe...-of/721675
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/previe...-of/721676

-bana
Any luck with GTtv?
KidVulcan Wrote:Any luck with GTtv?

I'm got a lot on my plate right now but I did look it over for a few hours and no, unfortunately I did not have any luck trying to retrofit GTTV into the script. Unlike all the other GT videos, where we just log in on behalf of the user and then try to 'download' the selected video, GTTV doesn't expose the download links like all the other videos.

If I was creating a new script from scratch then I would build it from the ground up with JSON walking in mind but at this point it would break all the existing functionality.

So for the time being I am going to continue to just watch GTTV on Thursday nights on cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] GameTrailers Original Shows1