Music Fanart
I am using the Neon skin and added a .jpg called fanart.jpg to the artist folder, but the fanart does not display. What do I need to do to make it visible?

Thanks for the help
bring up info on the artist and then select get fanart, then choose local fanart from the list that appears.

XBMC uses the fanart cached in the thumbnail directory. If you already have some fanart cached there it will not pick up any changes to fanart.jpg or new fanart.jpg until you tell it to do so.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Thanks for the response. The problem is when I bring up the artist info "get fanart" is not clickable, it is just red in color. Does the neon skin not support music fan art or something?
Has this been solved? I don't have Neon, but I can't select "get fanart" for my music as well in Confluence or Xperience 1080. I have tried with both Musicbrainz and Last.Fm as scrapers. Any ideas?
Have you tried the cdArt manager?
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2012-06-09, 23:22)shanndogg Wrote: Has this been solved? I don't have Neon, but I can't select "get fanart" for my music as well in Confluence or Xperience 1080. I have tried with both Musicbrainz and Last.Fm as scrapers. Any ideas?

Install the new "Universal"scrapers for both artists and albums. You do need to refresh the album/artist to get new data.
Update library won't update your current info.

Or try like Kode suggested. Most skin support it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just tried cdArt Manager and Universal scraper. Same result- the "get fanart" button is grayed out and I cannot select it. I see cdArt downloaded fanart in the the designated path I put for "Path to Music library," but that's it. Any other ideas why this is happening?
Forgot to mention, when I refresh the album/artist, it only lets me select thumbs if it finds anything.
Probably it's something to do with your folder structure. XBMC sees your artists as albums.

Folder structure MUST be:
Code:
-- music source
    -- Artist 1
       --Album 1
    -- Artist 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Fanart0