HP MCE Remote reciever issues
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a HP MCE Remote with XBMC Live. I have an existing XBMC setup using a remote and reciever like this:

Which works out of the box perfectly.

I also have a HP remote and reciever, the remote looks the same as the Microsoft one and works with the microsoft reciever perfectly. The reciever looks like the one in this pic:

The reciever does not work out of the box on XBMC live. It will work if I plug it into a windows 7 machine, and the sensor light activates, but no commands are getting through to XBMC.

I've been trying to find any instructions to help me set it up, but can't seem to find what I need, can anyone give me some advice or point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.

I have tried changing in settings/system under input devices to enable remote control sends keyboard presses. This did not have any effect,

Thank you in advance.

Brett

Update:

So I found this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59982

and copied /usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb to /etc/lircd.conf

before this irw was saying unable to load device. now it loads but shows no response when I use either of the MCE remotes with the HP MCE receiver. The Microsoft receiver still works as intended and I can see the codes from remote button presses when I use IRW.

I'm guessing its to do with the config or driver or such for the remote receiver, but its a bit beyond my abilities to work out what is wrong. I would appreciate any help, or is this receiver just not supported?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP MCE Remote reciever issues0