ATV2 wont go to DFU mode
I am trying to use Seasonpass to upgrade to 4.3 and i can not get the ATV2 to go into DFU mode. I have tried several different ways and nothing.

Any ideas?
What are the way's you've tried?

I found Seas0npass did it for me once you plugged in the cable, but I know of several people who had the same problem and it ended up being the cable as not all seem to work.
you shoul ask in the firecore forum for jb questions ... this is the wrong place here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What Memphiz said. We strongly discourage jailbreak help here (since that would just expand and take away from the XBMC focus), but I did want to mention that getting into DFU mode is sometimes oddly tricky. Sometimes it seems easy as heck, other times it just doesn't seem to want to work (for me, at least).

http://forum.firecore.com/

or

http://forum.tomcool.org/ (AwkwardTV)

would be the best places to ask. They probably have it down to a science now.
ilovemymac Wrote:I am trying to use Seasonpass to upgrade to 4.3 and i can not get the ATV2 to go into DFU mode. I have tried several different ways and nothing.

Any ideas?

The answer is probably in the Jailbreak FAQ.

Specifically:
Q: What are the most common JB mistakes?
A: Using an old version of Seas0npass/iTunes. Upgrading to the latest iOS but not using the correct XBMC build. Plugging in power when jailbreaking (not just USB). Not disabling updates. Not backing up your SHSH blobs. Leaving incorrect entries in your /etc/hosts file (normally created by Tiny Umbrella). Not removing Firecore Media Player. Not verifying ownership of /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC (mobile:mobile). Not reading the FAQs.

My guess: you were plugging in the power code when jailbreaking. Only plug in the USB cable.
Remove power cord
Plug in USB -you should see light lit
Start seas0npass

*worked for me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 wont go to DFU mode0