Localized Movie Set Thumbnails & Fanart
What I propose is that for those that use movie sets can have an optional way of holding on to the thumbnail and fanart that are just for the set and not the individual movies.

a file name like:
Code:
Fast & Furious Collection-Set.tbn
Fast & Furious Collection-Set-Poster.jpg
Fast & Furious Collection-Set-fanart.jpg

where the exact name of the set would be used:
Code:
<Set Name>-set.nfo
<Set Name>-set.tbn
<Set Name>-Set-Poster.jpg
<Set Name>-set-fanart.jpg

and those files would be located within the folder of the first scraped movie.
isamu.dragon Wrote:What I propose is that for those that use movie sets can have an optional way of holding on to the thumbnail and fanart that are just for the set and not the individual movies.

and those files would be located within the folder of the first scraped movie.

This would be great indeed. However how do you know which movie is scraped first?
Another option is to place the files in your main folder which contains the movies(folders) that are in your collection.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:This would be great indeed. However how do you know which movie is scraped first?
Another option is to place the files in your main folder which contains the movies(folders) that are in your collection.

agreed, but at minimum I'd settle for first move since you can look at the alphabetical order of your sets and determine which will be scanned first.
isamu.dragon Wrote:agreed, but at minimum I'd settle for first move since you can look at the alphabetical order of your sets and determine which will be scanned first.

That would indeed be a minimum. The problems arises when you add a movie to this collection which comes before the ones you already have.
There's would be no problem if you just scan the new one in your database.
However if you do a total library rebuild you would first have relocate those images first to the new alphabetical movie.
I don't care much about the extra tiny amount of MB's it would cost to put them in all the movie folders. But when you change the cover or something you would have to do that in each folder.

One way of maybe achiving the proposed feature is the following folder structure:
Code:
Movies
--Collection1
----Movie1
----Movie2
--Collection2
----Movie1
----Movie2
--Movie
--Movie
The disadvantage of this is you have to know in advantage if your movie is ever gona be in a collection or else you would have to relate the movie. Thus the same problem as with adding a new movie to the collection which comes first in the alphabet.

Side note:
Another idea would be to extend the things you proposed with:
<Set Name>-set.nfo
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9960/...ot178t.png
Which contains information about the collection of somesort because we now get an empty info screen when selecting the collection.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Side note:
Another idea would be to extend the things you proposed with:
<Set Name>-set.nfo

Which contains information about the collection of somesort because we now get an empty info screen when selecting the collection.

I like this idea.

to revise my suggestion, here is the new proposed naming scheme
Code:
<Set Name>-set.nfo
<Set Name>-set.tbn
<Set Name>-set-fanart.jpg
this will give full integration

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Localized Movie Set Thumbnails & Fanart0