• 11(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
Tongue 
The latest version (v1.0.4) works perfectly on my XBMC pre-Frodo Alpha 7. The search speed is amazing... Tongue

Thx for your great job
(2012-11-02, 18:13)Nostromo2GE Wrote: The latest version (v1.0.4) works perfectly on my XBMC pre-Frodo Alpha 7. The search speed is amazing... Tongue

Thx for your great job

Ooh this is exciting. Frankly I gave up on Globalsearch a while ago since it was WAY too slow. My database is huge, mind you. Will try again and report back
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
Just for information.
More than 400 movies and a little less than 4000 songs in my case.
But my system,"Quantal 12.10", is running on SSD may be that help to speed up the search engine
the drastic speed increase is due to changes in xbmc,
which the script makes use of now.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-11-08, 22:34)ronie Wrote: the drastic speed increase is due to changes in xbmc,
which the script makes use of now.

...and the work of some people...

Strange thing in the night
I just try on Aeon.Nox 4.0 (last git and my prefered skin) and the search is not working. It's just freeze on search screen. I'll go post a message on Aeon forum but if you have an idee.

On confluence skin, the result for a search "x" appear after less than 1/2 sec with a result of 100 items (Movies, TV Shows, Episodes, etc...)

ps: Sorry for my poor english

And again, thx, nice work ronie
Hi ronie,

thank you for this great Addon. I have yavdr0.4 with xbmc 11, EDEN. Version of gobalsearch is 0.2.8. Works so far fine.

Most of my Videos are Music Concerts, and I'm scraping them locally to XBMC's Database. For this, I use self-written .nfo-files, and the main labels I use (write) for Video Information, are for example

<title>Tom Petty - Live at the Fillmore Club - San Francisco</title>

and especially the Plot-Section with the 'Tracks':

<plot>1 California is been good to me 0:00 | 2 Jammin me 1:52 | 3 Runnin down a Dream 5:45 | 4 Breakdown 10:15 | 5 You don't know how it feels 15:39 | 6 Mary Jane's last Dance 22:33 | 7 Mona 29:02 | 8 Walls 43:53 | 9 Country Farm 37:40 | 10 You wreck me 44:10 | 11 Free Fallin' 48:47 | 12 Free Girl now 53:23</plot>

and 'actors'

<actor>
<name>Tom Petty</name>
<role>Saenger / Gitarrist</role>
<thumb></thumb>
</actor>

Global Search seems to find only the Information in <title>. Would be nice, if this were the case for <plot> and <actor> too. Is ist possible, to configure the labels an how ?
(2012-11-18, 22:19)mahlman Wrote: Global Search seems to find only the Information in <title>. Would be nice, if this were the case for <plot> and <actor> too. Is ist possible, to configure the labels an how ?

correct, only title search is supported.

actors i may add one day
plot, i doubt it will be of much use for the majority of xbmc users.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
when you go to use the Youtube addon you have the option of searching and after you search it displays results simalar to global search so....the
question is would you be able to merge the youtube search engine with your global search engine?
the Youtube results could be in a new result category simalar to when you search for a movie and it's in the Movie category
(2012-11-19, 14:08)binBD Wrote: would you be able to merge the youtube search engine with your global search engine?

i honestly have no idea whether that's possible.
if anyone wants to give it a shot, feel free...
(2012-11-18, 23:55)ronie Wrote: plot, i doubt it will be of much use for the majority of xbmc users.

You are right, but I'm sad Sad

I would have been able to search for songs within Videos.
the problem is i dont know python coding but i have still been trying for the last month now
Hi Ronie...

Is this how the runtime label will show (hours:minsConfusedeconds) from now on or something is broken due this commit.

Addon version : 1.1.0
XBMC version : XBMCSetup-20121205-8ce3f48-master

Cheers
Nessus

(2012-12-07, 02:20)nessus Wrote: Is this how the runtime label will show (hours:mins:seconds) from now on or something is broken due this commit.

i think i haven't made up my mind yet.

i could switch it back to (rounded) minutes,
but on the other hand hh:mm:ss is more accurate...
k, will change it back to how it was.
this script has stoped up is soo mutch you can add too it if you want too..actor search search jonny depp and every movie for depp comes up
or what about years?search 1985 and every movie for year 85 comes up the list goes on.is a good script if someone take the time to work on it
and someone is ronie

i give up coding for many years now not since police was here asking me why i hack the fbi building in the statesSmile

i can make a script named libary search

but ronie your is prety good.keep it up mate
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1