• 5(current)
Release GlobalSearch Script
PatK Wrote:Searching for Super 8 using the Home page search function with T! installed (Pre-Eden Nov 17th compile, T! SVN, Win7/64 V1.0.3 of GS) and only typing the word 'Super' bring some results... but no Super 8. Typing in 'Super 8' does bring it up. The same search in the traditional function finds it along with a few other 'Super'.

Wild carding allowed?

yeah, should work fine.
tested it on my end and it finds super 8 without any problem.

could you get me a Debug Log, using this version?
script.globalsearch-0.1.4.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Star 
ronie Wrote:yeah, should work fine.
tested it on my end and it finds super 8 without any problem.

could you get me a Debug Log, using this version?
script.globalsearch-0.1.4.zip

Using V0.1.4

http://pastebin.com/tkcvan8N
PatK Wrote:Using V0.1.4

uhhh...you do realize you can scroll to the right in the movielist to see the rest of the results, right?
it found 19 movies containing 'super' and super 8 is one of them.

Quote:
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Star 
ronie Wrote:uhhh...you do realize you can scroll to the right in the movielist to see the rest of the results, right?
it found 19 movies containing 'super' and super 8 is one of them.
No I didn't see that.... wasn't too clear, thought it would just fill the page.
This script/addon is absolutely brilliant. I have been looking for this functionality in XBMC for ages. I've installed it as a FAVOURITE to the homescreen of my Nox setup and it's like it was always meant to be! So thank you for this!

I have just one question though... could it be made possible that you don't have to wait until the entire search has finished before you are able to select what you want?

Quite often, when I search for a movie for example, it is found very very quickly, and then you are waiting for it to search the rest of the music library (30,000 ish songs).

Just a thought, and sorry if someone already suggested this. I love it though, really useful.
PantsOnFire Wrote:I have just one question though... could it be made possible that you don't have to wait until the entire search has finished before you are able to select what you want?

yup, that's possible. i'll change that.
it may not work 100%, as i think xbmc will still lock the gui occasionally when the script is running.
Thumbs Up 
Hey there,

I was wondering, is this addon only for Pre-Eden xbmc builds? I have a Dharma 10.1 build from March 2011 and it searches, but finds no results.

cheers.
PantsOnFire Wrote:Hey there,

I was wondering, is this addon only for Pre-Eden xbmc builds?

hmm... and i'm wondering if you bothered to read the first post? ;-p
Ronie, would it be possible to retrieve the season thumb for the episode search results?
ronie Wrote:hmm... and i'm wondering if you bothered to read the first post? ;-p

My bad, I had a mate over and I was distracted.
Jeroen Wrote:Ronie, would it be possible to retrieve the season thumb for the episode search results?

* ronie wonders what's up with everyone's sudden obsession with season thumbs :-)

possible, yes... it will add some overhead though.
the script will have to make an additional json request for each season thumb.
ronie Wrote:/me wonders what's up with everyone's sudden obsession with season thumbs :-)

They look much better than episode thumbs, have the right aspect ratio and pair nicely with your watchlist script.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

ronie Wrote:/me wonders what's up with everyone's sudden obsession with season thumbs :-)

possible, yes... it will add some overhead though.
the script will have to make an additional json request for each season thumb.

Besides it looking better it's also about recognizing items visually, which in the case of search functionality is an important aspect imo.

If I have a list of episode thumbs listed they don't provide me all that much information visually, I'll have to specifically look at the text to get to know anything about it.

If I have a list of season thumbs I will, in most cases, be able to directly tell which tv show it belongs to. And in many cases it will also tell me visually which season the episode is from. A still picture of some scene from some show doesn't tell me much if anything really.
Of course the labels will tell me the most, but I'm a very visually oriented person, I'd like to get as much information from just a glance.

Hope that makes sense Confused
Worth a shot to see how big the performance impact will be?
Hi!

First to say - great job - thanks for this great plugin!

Is it possible to include also a search for actors (movies, tvshows)?

Foggy greats from austria
Ernstl
macchina Wrote:Is it possible to include also a search for actors (movies, tvshows)?

it's one of the things on my to-do list.
one day i hope to add some advanced features like searching by genre, year, director or whatever...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch Script1