• 12(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
(2013-03-13, 17:58)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 11:51)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I did not install this add-on my system it just appeared on there, presumably the Aeon MQ4 skin installed it ?

What do I need the Artwork Organizer add-on for ? I clicked on it in the Program add-ons area of XBMC and without any warning or prompts it started copying files I backed out and exited.
I can now see under: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ there are some sub-folders that contain artwork images.

Unsure what this add-on is for and if I need it?

Please advise.

Thanks

if this addon was installed with Aeon MQ4, then best ask there.
each skin will probably use this addon in a slightly different way.
the general purpose of this addon is to create a fanart slideshow in the skin.

Thanks for the reply, so it creates the extrafanart sub-folders on your server? Or it just stores them locally on the HTPC ?

I would like changing / rotating backgrounds for music artists and movie backgrounds but haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Cheers
(2013-03-13, 20:30)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 17:58)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 11:51)cw-kid Wrote: Hi

I did not install this add-on my system it just appeared on there, presumably the Aeon MQ4 skin installed it ?

What do I need the Artwork Organizer add-on for ? I clicked on it in the Program add-ons area of XBMC and without any warning or prompts it started copying files I backed out and exited.
I can now see under: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ there are some sub-folders that contain artwork images.

Unsure what this add-on is for and if I need it?

Please advise.

Thanks

if this addon was installed with Aeon MQ4, then best ask there.
each skin will probably use this addon in a slightly different way.
the general purpose of this addon is to create a fanart slideshow in the skin.

Thanks for the reply, so it creates the extrafanart sub-folders on your server? Or it just stores them locally on the HTPC ?

as you've already found out, by default it will store the images in the ../addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/ folder.
however there's an option in the addon settings to select a custom destination folder.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Just so i'm clear this is only to backup the artwork for other databases and such to use, and is not in fact to clean and relocate all art (I.E. all art to external instead to keep SD clean of art)?
(2013-03-24, 02:42)Reroshaggy Wrote: Just so i'm clear this is only to backup the artwork for other databases and such to use, and is not in fact to clean and relocate all art (I.E. all art to external instead to keep SD clean of art)?

nope, it doesn't clean, nor move anything.
it only makes a copy of your artwork and stores it into separate folders.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks. Any idea if there is an add-on I had missed that does what I was looking?
(2013-03-24, 04:02)Reroshaggy Wrote: Thanks. Any idea if there is an add-on I had missed that does what I was looking?

not sure...maybe one of these can do what you're looking for:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158972
Thanks i'll look into them. Texture cache looks like a maybe but the other I don't think so. Just trying to keep junk files cleaned as I just deleted 1000 or so extra images off my HDD.
Hi

I was trying to follow the instructions here for Aeon MQ4 to setup rotating music artist fanart.

On his screen shot he has used the option in the Artwork Organizer add-on to select a Destination Directory:

However when I try and select my media folder located at:

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/media

When I select Home Folder I then cannot see any of the sub folders in XBMC to select that media folder.

Not sure why this is?

Some more screen shots and description here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1385284

Thanks

RESOLVED: Had to turn on an option in XBMC settings to see hidden system files !
This isn't grabbing all the fan art that is downloaded, rather it is just getting the fan art I have set up under TV show information.

How can I make it grab ALL the fan art that has been downloaded? For example, one show has 30 fan art images, this only grabs the one that is set under artwork for the show.
you can't. it only grabs the default fanart image which is stored in your video db.
Hi Ronie,

I recently switched from a WMC+media browser setup to XBMC, and the only thing I was missing about my previous setup was the now playing screen for music, which had a background made up of all my album art as I'm not a fan of intense visualizers. Just managed to accomplish a similar sort of thing through Aeon Nox with this script.

I just wanted to thank you for your work creating this--I've been blown away by how well the XBMC community manages this whole project, and with people like yourself donating time.

Also a troubleshooting tip for any other noobs out there (mentioned previously somewhere in these 18 pages, but took a while for me to find): if your destination directory isn't populating with artwork but the script appears to be running fine, try launching XBMC as an admin.

Cheers!
I've found a minor bug. I organize my artwork into my skin directory so xbmc doesn't cache everything, but the _delete_directories subroutine fails when using special://skin/_fanart/. When using the full path, /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.aeon.nox/_fanart/, it works just fine.

I thought it was me at first, since I've modified the default.py on order to organize my fanart into multiple folders based upon different network folders (tvshowfanart is split up into anime and tvshows for instance), but since it doesn't happen for other parts of artwork organizer, it had to be something else.

I'm also wondering why the _delete_directories enumerates files before deleting them. why not delete the main folder in one go since the next routine in the script is _create_directories?

Code:
def _delete_directories( self ):
        if xbmcvfs.exists( self.directory ):
            dirs, files = xbmcvfs.listdir( self.directory )
            for item in dirs:
                try:
                    shutil.rmtree( os.path.join(self.directory, item) )
                except:
                    pass

instead of

Code:
def _delete_directories( self ):
     try:
          shutil.rmtree( self.directory )
     except:
          pass

something like that, but working, since this doesn't work Tongue
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
You clearly don't take into account that that won't work on every platform
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-13, 19:32)Martijn Wrote: You clearly don't take into account that that won't work on every platform

Please explain. I changed all my hard paths to special:// in my guisettings.xml and add-on settings when I was on windows and had a portable install. This worked for just about everything, except for this obviously. Everything in this plugin works with special://, except for the delete part. If I could get this to work for this, it would be skin independent (xbmc does not cache files only if they are read from the current skin folder, if it loads images from an inactive skin folder, everything still gets cached).

Now I'm running OpenElec and don't need it anymore, but I was just wondering. I just hadn't noticed it before. Or are you talking about the script part?
I know jack about python, but again, just wondering.

I'm only trying to learn Martijn.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
installed this addon, ran it & it deleted half of my tv shows & all my movies. what kind of addon is this ? also by deleting the files didn't even go into the recycling bin.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0