• 5(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
Hitcher Wrote:No worries ronie but what do you think of the idea in general?

on my end i hardly see a cpu increase when using a fanart slideshow on the homescreen.

if you experience drastic cpu increases, it could be xbmc is creating dds versions of the artwork?

other than that, if people think it's useful i'm fine with it.
the script should be able to resize images using the python PIL library.

the first question would be, what is the optimal size for the images?
is their one size that would fit all skins?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
distracto Wrote:sorry to ask here, but i use the artwork downloader script and it has the option to copy artwork into a central database - is this script any different aside from copying thumbs etc? When using Aeon MQ3, it requires this script which is why I am wondering

thanks

this script copies your existing artwork..whereas artwork downloader will download everything first.
i'm not 100% sure but maybe artwork downloader creates a separate subfolder for every movie...

another difference is, this script also supports artist and album fanart / thumbs.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Alaska uses several separate multiimage controls for the home screen and if you simply point them to your fanart folders then you certainly see the effect they have on the cpu.

If the images are resized to fit the dimension used in the multiimage controls then you don't notice anything when they all change image.

I would suggest that the running of the script for these purposes be handled by the skin with the appropriate dimensions set by the skinner. All the user need do is point it to the folder containing the images to be resized and then the output folder, which in turn would be set as a skin image path.

Thanks.

EDIT Maybe a completely separate script would be better suited for this?
Hitcher Wrote:Alaska uses several separate multiimage controls for the home screen and if you simply point them to your fanart folders then you certainly see the effect they have on the cpu.

If the images are resized to fit the dimension used in the multiimage controls then you don't notice anything when they all change image.

I would suggest that the running of the script for these purposes be handled by the skin with the appropriate dimensions set by the skinner. All the user need do is point it to the folder containing the images to be resized and then the output folder, which in turn would be set as a skin image path.

Thanks.

EDIT Maybe a completely separate script would be better suited for this?
That would make it very skin specific and a user needs several different folders when switching skins. Maybe looking for a compromise?
Find some acceptable image size all skins can use. Lets take fanart 1920x1080 and shrink it to 640x360 or something. This would drasticly decrease images filesize (factor 9 or something like that) and still be usuable by many skins.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I like it Martijn.
Will this ever work with eden? Or is there a workaround to achieve the same result?
Rowe9 Wrote:Will this ever work with eden?

t does work with eden.
ronie Wrote:t does work with eden.

Oh ok, I must be doing something wrong then :confused2:

It's probably something simple, i'm not very familiar with add ons in xbmc. I downloaded the artwork organizer add-on and it's showing up as enabled.

Do i have to do anything to make it run? I've checked the fanart folder and it's still showing all the tv & movie arts mixed up, no folders have been created.

Apologies for the newbie questions.
Rowe9 Wrote:Oh ok, I must be doing something wrong then :confused2:

It's probably something simple, i'm not very familiar with add ons in xbmc. I downloaded the artwork organizer add-on and it's showing up as enabled.

Do i have to do anything to make it run?

yeah, from the homescreen, select add-ons.
run the artwork organizer script from there.

by default it will put your fanart in:
../userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/
ronie Wrote:yeah, from the homescreen, select add-ons.
run the artwork organizer script from there.

by default it will put your fanart in:
../userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/

Got it working Smile

Don't know if i was being an idiot but i couldn't get it to run from the add-ons section of the main menu, all it gave me were options to configure, uninstall and disable/enable.

In the end I found it on the programs section of the menu and managed to run it from there. Worked perfectly and went in the folder you said.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated Smile
Been trying to use this add on with no success. When it runs it just create 0 kb images of the Series. Since I had already had downloaded images for my movies I don't know if the problem resides just on Series or on movies too.

Different from other users the 0kb files that it creates are .jpg files (poster.jpg, banner.jpg and fanart.jpg).

I'm using Pre-Eden Beta 3 with Neon MQ 3

Thanks
hmmm... are you sure you're in the right thread?

maybe you mean the Artwork Downloader Script?
OK. I was browsing both threads so I posted my message in the wrong one.

Actually, since I'm running both add ons together I don't know if the problem is in the downloader or the organizer. :confused2: But I'll try the Downloader thread first.

Regards
Hello Ronie,

I use your script for customizing homebackground of movies, tvshows, ... using a folder as background in skin settings.

Now, i should want to use smartplylist of movies as custom menu, one for "Parents Movies" and one for "Kids Movies"

.. and so, it will be great, if in your script, there will be an option to separate/group movies fanart according the playlists.

With this feature, when i am on "Parents Movies" in home, only fan arts of theses movies are displayed in background, .... and only Fanart of kids movies are displayed when on "Kids Movies" menu ...

Do you think it is something you can do in a future release ? Rolleyes

Thank you !!!
mardup Wrote:Hello Ronie,

I use your script for customizing homebackground of movies, tvshows, ... using a folder as background in skin settings.

Now, i should want to use smartplylist of movies as custom menu, one for "Parents Movies" and one for "Kids Movies"

.. and so, it will be great, if in your script, there will be an option to separate/group movies fanart according the playlists.

With this feature, when i am on "Parents Movies" in home, only fan arts of theses movies are displayed in background, .... and only Fanart of kids movies are displayed when on "Kids Movies" menu ...

Do you think it is something you can do in a future release ? Rolleyes

Thank you !!!

I've asked this too, last time I asked this was impossible. If I'm not misstaken, it had something to do with it being impossible to determine the share/folder on which the movies/tvshows are located (assuming you have your media seperated like that). Still hoping this will change Nod
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0