• 6(current)
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script
i'm sure it can be done in some way, but i have no time to look into it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:ok, misunderstood your question.

i think it should be possible, but i'm not interested in adding it.

if you're looking for speed improvements, enable dds compressin in advanced settings.xml (if you haven't already done so)
and look into if it's possible to have xbmc cache your fanart to your ssd drive.

First of all, apologies for bumping an old post like this Smile

I just want to understand something about dds fanart. I've enabled it, along with dirty regions and some d3d9ex setting. It makes one hell of a difference (all those settings combined) on my E350 fusion based htpc, so hooray to that ... but ...

I now have a .dds and a .tbn file for EVERY fanart/thumbnail/poster/etc. This causes a massive growth in files. I've noticed that for every new image, a .tbn is created first and after I've seen the .tbn in xbmc, it creates a .dds on the side. So when xbmc accesses the .tbn it creates the .dds. Removing the .tbn causes the fanart to disappear so it looks like both are needed.
(I've also tried removing the useddsfanart setting, and then xbmc was jerky again, so they are being used somehow I think).

BUT

The artwork organizer script ONLY copies .dds fanart and my multimage homescreen work just fine with just those files. I just don't understand how it works. Sad

Can anyone enlighten me?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Raytestrak Wrote:I now have a .dds and a .tbn file for EVERY fanart/thumbnail/poster/etc. This causes a massive growth in files. I've noticed that for every new image, a .tbn is created first and after I've seen the .tbn in xbmc, it creates a .dds on the side. So when xbmc accesses the .tbn it creates the .dds. Removing the .tbn causes the fanart to disappear so it looks like both are needed.

no clue why that's happening.
xbmc really needs only one.
once a .dds version is created, it should use it one instead of the .tbn.

Raytestrak Wrote:The artwork organizer script ONLY copies .dds fanart and my multimage homescreen work just fine with just those files. I just don't understand how it works. Sad
the script does basically the same, if a .dds file exists it will copy that one,
else it will copy the .tbn one.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:no clue why that's happening.
xbmc really needs only one.
once a .dds version is created, it should use it one instead of the .tbn.

I thought so too, but when I remove the ,tbn, I lose my fanart. And when I re-download fanart, it recreates the .tbn. When I add a new movie, it first downloads a .tbn and creates the .dds when xbmc loads the .tbn.

If I remove the <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> from my advancedsettings.xml, the performance drops instantly, so it seems to be using it.

Thanks for the info, I'll try some more stuff out.

Edit:

I've tried some stuff out Big Grin

I don't know if it's suppose to work like this or that I have a quirky set-up. But ... If I remove a .tbn file, I lose the fanart. XBMC will generate a new .tbn and the fanart is back. The funny thing is: when I open the .tbn, it's (or it can be) a different image than it was before, but the fanart in xbmc is still the same. To me that's proof that the .dds is loadded even though both files are present and I loose fanart when I remove the .tbn.

xbmc checks the presence of a .dds file when accessing the the image, so it tries to load the .tbn, sees a .dds with the same name and loads that instead.

Found a wiki article that supports this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=ThumbnailCache

Only strange thing is that when I export my video library, it's exports .tbn files only (but that also kinda fits my above hypothesis).
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Since this week this addon has stopped working for me, i seriously don't know why tbh. When I start the script i see it trying to copy the files but it goes so fast that I instantly receive an error message "script failed"

Can anybody see what is going wrong here? Wasn't this script updated this week? I tried to rollback but the option was grayed out so i tried to uninstall it and install it agian but same problem persists

http://pastebin.com/0eKYy97C

(2012-03-23, 22:56)RavenNL Wrote: Since this week this addon has stopped working for me, i seriously don't know why tbh. When I start the script i see it trying to copy the files but it goes so fast that I instantly receive an error message "script failed"

Can anybody see what is going wrong here? Wasn't this script updated this week? I tried to rollback but the option was grayed out so i tried to uninstall it and install it agian but same problem persists

For me all add-ons relating to fanart.tv or that use fanart.tv have stopped working properly. Not only Artwork Organizer which fails to download anything, but also cdART manager is not working properly for me. I have a sneaky suspicion it may be the recent changes to fanart.tv that are causing this.
(2012-03-23, 22:59)gibxxi Wrote: For me all add-ons relating to fanart.tv or that use fanart.tv have stopped working properly. Not only Artwork Organizer which fails to download anything, but also cdART manager is not working properly for me. I have a sneaky suspicion it may be the recent changes to fanart.tv that are causing this.

Artwork Organizer != Artwork Downloader
Yes, I mean Artwork Downloader, not Artwork Organizer.
(2012-03-23, 23:04)gibxxi Wrote: Yes, I mean Artwork Downloader, not Artwork Organizer.

Then you might want to post your issues in the correct thread Cool

The reason why there's nothing downloaded from fanart.tv site:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1053539
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-03-23, 22:56)RavenNL Wrote: Since this week this addon has stopped working for me, i seriously don't know why tbh. When I start the script i see it trying to copy the files but it goes so fast that I instantly receive an error message "script failed"

it's failing on the musicvideo library.. i assume you don't have any musicvideos in your library?

i can't explain why it suddenly would fail on that as nothing was changed in this regard....

for now you can disable the musicvideo items in addon settings while i work on a fix.

it's correct the addon was updated last week and a new version is already on it's way,
that one will fix the fetching of season thumbs that's currently broken.
(2012-03-23, 23:12)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 23:04)gibxxi Wrote: Yes, I mean Artwork Downloader, not Artwork Organizer.

Then you might want to post your issues in the correct thread Cool

The reason why there's nothing downloaded from fanart.tv site:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1053539

My most humble apologies exalted one. I made a genuine mistake when reading the thread title. I've had issues with both add-ons this past week, and got confused as to which was which when making the post. I will endevour to be more careful before posting in the future. Apologies.
(2012-03-23, 23:21)ronie Wrote:

it's failing on the musicvideo library.. i assume you don't have any musicvideos in your library?

i can't explain why it suddenly would fail on that as nothing was changed in this regard....

for now you can disable the musicvideo items in addon settings while i work on a fix.

it's correct the addon was updated last week and a new version is already on it's way,
that one will fix the fetching of season thumbs that's currently broken.

Thanks that worked, I indeed don't have any music vids in my library.
(2012-03-24, 09:03)RavenNL Wrote: Thanks that worked, I indeed don't have any music vids in my library.

thanx for confirming :-)

will push an updated version in a bit.
A tip for lazy people like me:

Placing the following line in the addon.xml (after <addon ...> and before </addon>)

<extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="login"></extension>

will run the script on XBMC startup.

[Edited after comments from ronie and Martijn]
(2012-03-25, 13:36)Jeroen_JRP Wrote: A tip for lazy people like me:

Placing the following line in the addon.xml (after <addon ...> and before </addon>)

<extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="[login|startup]"></extension>

will run the script on XBMC startup.

if you want to use it that way, you should use:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.service" library="default.py" start="login"></extension>

running the script at startup, could cause issues i think.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Artwork Organizer Script0