[RELEASE] script.reliableresume - Script to resume last played media
Hi,

Looks good Smile

I have been planning on re-doing my old scripts.
ResumeX would be first.

Plan on resuming:
Audio
Audio Playlist
Video
Video Playlist
Volume Level
Window
Pictures / Slideshow
Current play state (playing, paused)

It will also use a database to store the data and only save it if it has changed (saves resources).
Saving to a database should be quicker than writing a file as well.

Also, with a database you could use a transaction so it would only save if all queries complete ok.
This would remove the current need for 2x data files (in-case one is corrupted by unexpected shutdown).

It will also use JSON to retrieve all state data (instead of using xbmc.player etc)

Thanks,

Matt
hi nice to hear.. i'm sorry to say that i'm not pro in python nor xbmc..
waiting for ur program to resume slideshow
Progress is good. Smile
Should have a first release within a week.
There are a few new features etc as well that I think are pretty cool
are u doing for xbmc for piHuh??
coz i need mostly for raspberry pi. installed openelec
it will work with all systems - i think Smile
Private message me if you want to beta test.
Hey guys... I am willing to contribute :

What about we set-up a small team on github.com and we start working on the same script altogether ??

that would seriously kick ass !

what I am willing to do is to have a few options more on audio playlists such as :

opt-in / out of resuming at position in track
opt-in / out of resuming at track in playlist
opt-in / out of resuming playlist from the start if it had reached the end of the playlist.

I guess we could all join our efforts, right ?

have you ever used git ?

it's really, really good for distributed teams.
Allright, done it : I've added two settings:

resume position in track
resume last played track in playlist (if unset, it will restart the playlist from track 1)

Stanley87 and DevKid : and tell me if you are interested into setting a joint project on github, if not, I will simply fork it, attributing your work of course, and commit it on github for other people to join the effort (with your consent, of course)

Smile

let me know : I'd be really excited to have you onboard Smile

having an open-source project going on will even entitle us for freebies from jetbrains, regarding python development for our project-to-be Smile

see : http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/buy/buy.jsp#openSource
There, now I have edited it so that if XBMC is stopped while the playlist was at its end, the same playlist will be restarted next time xbmc starts.

I will make it optional in the future.

the code will be available as soon as we decide whether or not we want to host it on github Smile
Nice to hear you want to contribue. I think Github is a good idea for that. I propose that everyone is using his own repo on Github for personal work but there should be one "official" repo for the plugin. I propose Stanley's repo to be the official one then since he is the original author anyway and he is probably the one who will be putting the most work in it in the next time. I just did some small tweaks to make it fit my needs.

For me the addon is pretty much feature complete. I tweaked it back then for my needs and I am pretty much using it every day since then. So at the moment there is nothing I would want to add or change.

One thing: Whatever you are going to change or add it would be cool if the current functionality and behavior would be preserved also.
any progressHuh does resume slideshow workingHuh?
Hi.

Been putting a lot of time into this.
I finally got the "ground work" done and now adding in all the states to resume Smile
I wanted a very solid base to build on, and it's now as simple as adding 2x functions (store, resume) and a setting to enable or disable them.
Hopefully have a version released shortly.

Thanks,

Matt
Smile very happy to hear
What device are you using?

I can test on Windows 7 and OpenElec (running on RaspberryPi)

Would like some testers on other XBMC's (Linux, ATV etc)
i'm using rapberry pi with openelec

eagerly waiting for ur script.. but i'm so sad that i'm unable to do myselfSad
wanna become a developer like u..
is it readyHuh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.reliableresume - Script to resume last played media1