• 1(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
*Since 2shared is having problem, I'm updating XBMC_HD with the latest XBMC_HD compiled by DD. It included the latest XBMC Beta.*

two ways to playback blu-ray in 1080p video with dts-hd and truehd audio:

xbmc option-
1. install the latest ati or nvidia video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs Note- in case you cannot get it to work with GPU driver, this is an excellent option.
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough
4. download- HDAudio + Eden RC2....thanks DDDamian for this version!
5. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure XBMC as shown in the screen shots below
7. select bd movie file with hd audio and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

windows 7 mce option-
1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- dts-hd and truehd pass-through
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Two powerful mini-itx htpc's (supports blu-ray 1080p with dts-hd and truehd audio):

1. SILVERSTONE Sugo Series SG06-B Black Aluminum
2. ASRock Socket FM1/AMD A75M-ITX USB 3.0
3. AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core
4. G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3
5. Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB SSD
6. Panasonic UJ240 6x Blu-ray Burner BD-RE

If you need a storage, here is a great option:
Buffalo Technology MiniStation Stealth 1 TB USB 3.0

and

1. Apex MI-100 4BAY Desktop Blk/Silver 250W ATX12V Mitx
2. Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz HD3000 65W
3. AsRock H67M-ITX/HT Intel LGA 1155 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Motherboard
4. Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive
5. G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3
6. LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X
7. Scythe SY1225SL12M 120mm
How is this a feature suggestionHuh??
isamu.dragon Wrote:How is this a feature suggestionHuh??
if you are dts-hd and truehd user and you don't want to use external player, these options and features are available to you.
the audio branch should already do that and be ready for eden
bluray Wrote:if you are dts-hd and truehd user and you don't want to use external player, these options and features are available to you.

Technically, this isnt a feature suggestion since it is something one can already do. It is something that really should go in the Windows support section as a tip since it is only something that can be done using Windows as the OS.
is this safe as my firewall has popped up concerning xbmc.exe? also there is no need to install 10.1 as in your step as the xbmc hd folder is a complete custom xbmc!! also it is a nightly build.
it does work very well except but because its a nightly its lockups a lot and so I will use external player for now till Eden stable is out.
master345 Wrote:is this safe as my firewall has popped up concerning xbmc.exe? also there is no need to install 10.1 as in your step as the xbmc hd folder is a complete custom xbmc!! also it is a nightly build.
it does work very well except but because its a nightly its lockups a lot and so I will use external player for now till Eden stable is out.
if it lockups and unstable, you must not configured it properly. with my guides, it is flawless on my three htpc's. i received a lot of thank you emails from other happy users too.
Hi Bluray

I don't quite get point 5.. How do you execute xbmc from that folder?

I followed you MCE tutorial and can get HD audio with the pre-eden build with dsplayer,but my normal dvd rips (avi) don't play with dsplayer (only with the standard player) and certain of my BR MKV's won't play at all. These seem to be VC1 burays.

Would your first option be better than using the pre-eden version. Will your suggestion play BR ISO, or must I also convert to MKV. Menus aren't an issue, but will need chapters

Thanks
getafix Wrote:Hi Bluray

I don't quite get point 5.. How do you execute xbmc from that folder?
you can do it several ways.
1. you can place xbmc_hd_audio on the desktop and you can launch it from there
2. you can rename the original xbmc dharma 10.1 fold in the program files folder to xbmc_dharma 10.1 and replace it with xbmc_hd_audio. but rename xbmc_hd_audio to "xbmc". the xbmc_hd_audio should become the main launcher in the program files folder.

getafix Wrote:I followed you MCE tutorial and can get HD audio with the pre-eden build with dsplayer,but my normal dvd rips (avi) don't play with dsplayer (only with the standard player) and certain of my BR MKV's won't play at all. These seem to be VC1 burays.

Would your first option be better than using the pre-eden version. Will your suggestion play BR ISO, or must I also convert to MKV. Menus aren't an issue, but will need chapters

Thanks
you can choose your favorite bd file container. i preferred iso, and the first option in my guide can natively playback bd (iso/mkv/m2ts/etc) with all bitstreaming options and it still can playback all other standard audios too. it doesn't need an external player either.
xbmc_hd_audio settings photos:

Do you mean there is an xbmc.exe file xbmc_hd_audio that you start instead of the xbmc.exe in the Dharma install directory?

If someone, like me for example, already have Dharma installed, and I just download the xbmc_hd_audio dir and run the xbmc.exe file from there, wouldnt that destroy my library? I guess the xbmc.exe you have in that xbmc_hd_audio directory is a pre-eden build? I think pre-eden and Dharma libraries are not compatible? So when trying to start Dharma 10.1 again, it wouldnt work. Hence I should use the -p (portable mode) option when launching the xbmc.exe from the xbmc_hd_audio folder (but have to build library from scratch)?
bluray Wrote:you can do it several ways.
1. you can place xbmc_hd_audio on the desktop and you can launch it from there
2. you can rename the original xbmc dharma 10.1 fold in the program files folder to xbmc_dharma 10.1 and replace it with xbmc_hd_audio. but rename xbmc_hd_audio to "xbmc". the xbmc_hd_audio should become the main launcher in the program files folder.

you can choose your favorite bd file container. i preferred iso, and the first option in my guide can natively playback bd (iso/mkv/m2ts/etc) with all bitstreaming options and it still can playback all other standard audios too. it doesn't need an external player either.

I tried playing a BD ISO and it buffers terribly. BR MKV's play fine, and other files are also OK (AVI)

What would cause this? I tried playing from an attached USB drive as well as a network drive and the same thing.

So far this is the best way of combining BR with HD audio. Just wish I could sort out the BR ISO buffering.
M0dj0 Wrote:Do you mean there is an xbmc.exe file xbmc_hd_audio that you start instead of the xbmc.exe in the Dharma install directory?

If someone, like me for example, already have Dharma installed, and I just download the xbmc_hd_audio dir and run the xbmc.exe file from there, wouldnt that destroy my library? I guess the xbmc.exe you have in that xbmc_hd_audio directory is a pre-eden build? I think pre-eden and Dharma libraries are not compatible? So when trying to start Dharma 10.1 again, it wouldnt work. Hence I should use the -p (portable mode) option when launching the xbmc.exe from the xbmc_hd_audio folder (but have to build library from scratch)?
it is best to do these> "you can rename the original xbmc dharma 10.1 fold in the program files folder to xbmc_dharma 10.1 and replace it with xbmc_hd_audio. but rename xbmc_hd_audio to "xbmc". the xbmc_hd_audio should become the main launcher in the program files folder."

regarding the library, i thought that there is a way to transfer the library to another version. i have to check into it. i don't have very much movies and i stores everything in a 2tb usb 3.0 drive. i can easily link any xbmc version to the usb drive..!
getafix Wrote:I tried playing a BD ISO and it buffers terribly. BR MKV's play fine, and other files are also OK (AVI)

What would cause this? I tried playing from an attached USB drive as well as a network drive and the same thing.

So far this is the best way of combining BR with HD audio. Just wish I could sort out the BR ISO buffering.
iso should playback fluently with pre-eden because it works flawless in my 4 htpc's and others have great sucess with it too. audio/video settings have to be very precise for it to playback moothly. believe it or not, in-correct audio settings can cause video to stutter.

one thing i didn't mention in my guides> you need to select proper audio output in control panel and set it to stereo in speaker configuration (not the 5.1/7.1).
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7