• 43(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
DDDamian Wrote:I gave Wanilton a little advice over in the VoxCommando forums, so he re-compiled with the recommended buffer sizes for most systems and posted it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25170804/XBMCHD.zip

Note that this is unsupported without debug logs etc, and is already a bit out-of-date, but should give most users the functionality of a working, Eden-based HD-audio platform. Smile
XBMC users with HD audio as their main option is running out of patient. They'll try to make good use of what is available to them (me too). I know that Gnifs "XBMC developer" is doing his best with very little help from other XBMC developer. We all hope that he can pull it through for us soon. He'll be our true hero! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:XBMC users with HD audio as their main option is running out of patient. They'll try to make good use of what is available to them (me too). I know that Gnifs "XBMC developer" is doing his best with very little help from other XBMC developer. We all hope that he can pull it through for us soon. He'll be our true hero! Smile

Stop this right now. The other XBMC devs are busy pushing out Eden. We don't have time to be messing with AE right now. What you say above, I find insulting.
davilla Wrote:Stop this right now. The other XBMC devs are busy pushing out Eden. We don't have time to be messing with AE right now. What you say above, I find insulting.
We knew that you guys are working your rear-end off, and we all thank you for that. But for those of us that cannot live without HD audio, we're careless for Eden (Beta) without HD audio in it. As far as our concern, HD audio is more important option to us and we can live with a stable XBMC 10.0 HD audio in it. Smile
Just an FYI - I'm not sure that having other devs work on AE is either helpful or wise. I know that the general API layout was worked on between gnif and others, but sometimes it's more beneficial to let one guy do the coding rather than muddy the waters. Given the scope of the project it does take time.

I did a build of the most stable version to date and posted it here. In that zip is a copy of my advancedsettings.xml. You would need to copy that to your userdata directory. If you wish to play with buffer sizes or other tweaks they are in that file. I also added a non-supported "Output stereo to all channels" routine.

Pls use at your own risk - install to a seperate directory and back up both your existing advancedsettings.xml and guisettings.xml.

Note that this is unsupported and not in any way an official release. But on my platform it is the most stable version to-date.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:I also added a non-supported "Output stereo to all channels" routine
Interesting, will that make it's way in AE officially at some point in the future as that's one function I miss from when I ran XBMC on the Xbox.
DDDamian Wrote:I also added a non-supported "Output stereo to all channels" routine.

does this mean you will not need 2 profiles anymore ? one profile for stereo setup for tv and another profile setup for 5.1 for the amp.

meaning that if you have your amp on you get all hi-def and 5.1 mixes and when the amp is off and xbmc sends dts or hi def mixes to the tv it will output it as stereo ?
@jjd-uk - It will almost certainly be in AE officially - the patch has been submitted but may not fly as-is. Right now it's hard-coded to work up to 7.1 with 9.1 easily added. However the developer might want it capable of all formats which would include the use of height channels and others. Code may just have to get a little fancierLaugh

It's also broken in the link posted as I had to revert a few changes to avoid a recent bug and give you guys the most stable version to-date.

@meridius - Unfortunately not - it strictly affect 2-channel sources like mp3s. AE has no way of knowing what the final output source (receiver, TV, etc) will accept, only what your sound card driver reports the sound card accepts. If your soundcard accepts 5.1 but your TV does not, AE won't know.

Sorry all, was not my intent to hijack this thread (thus the unsupported bit), just make it available to you as an option. Just felt I should answer the questions posted.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Right now it's hard-coded to work up to 7.1 with 9.1 easily added.
11.2 would be good! Smile

DDDamian Wrote:Sorry all, was not my intent to hijack this thread (thus the unsupported bit), just make it available to you as an option. Just felt I should answer the questions posted.
Don't worry bud! If there is a slight link to HD audio, all info are welcome! Smile
bluray Wrote:11.2 would be good! Smile

Sweeeeeeaaaaat!!

bluray Wrote:Don't worry bud! If there is a slight link to HD audio, all info are welcome! Smile

Cool - just know you're supporting a lot of folks in this thread, and they still need help without me cluttering it up lol. Will try to give a heads-up here from time to time, but would rather be helping out any way I can with furthering the code Big Grin
DDDamian Wrote:Sweeeeeeaaaaat!!
I'm planning to build a new home at the end of the year. I'm planning to pre-wire it as shown below. My Onkyo have these options, and I want to utilize the entire surround speakers in my new theater room. I hope that XBMC release XBMC with HD audio options by then....Smile

bluray Wrote:I'm planning to build a new home at the end of the year. I'm planning to pre-wire it as shown below. My Onkyo have these options

You have enough output channels on the Onkyo to support this?

The four speakers marked as "presence" in the schematic provided are known in Windows as TFL,TFR,TBL & TBR (for top) or in generic terms "height" channels. AE supports them if they are in the stream but I haven't seen a source yet which includes them - hell, they're barely putting out 7.1 sources!

The barrier will be the soundcard/driver - most now support up to 8 channels only, and of course the info has to be there.

It's gonna take some fancy foot-work on the part of the receiver to extrapolate or "matrix" useful height information from any format to apply here, so you might just end up with the same info as the fronts/backs. If they are indeed on seperate channels perhaps at least the speaker delays will make them useful.

If the receiver can do anything useful with them you'll have a sweet setup, and of course running the wiring is at least future-proofing.
DDDamian Wrote:You have enough output channels on the Onkyo to support this?
Yes...see photo below!

DDDamian Wrote:The barrier will be the soundcard/driver - most now support up to 8 channels only, and of course the info has to be there.
I know, but AVR know exactly how to process it.

DDDamian Wrote:It's gonna take some fancy foot-work on the part of the receiver to extrapolate or "matrix" useful height information from any format to apply here, so you might just end up with the same info as the fronts/backs. If they are indeed on seperate channels perhaps at least the speaker delays will make them useful.
If it can be done, it would be great.

DDDamian Wrote:If the receiver can do anything useful with them you'll have a sweet setup, and of course running the wiring is at least future-proofing.
I tried to connect all 11.2 speakers to it at the previous home. I didn't have it pre-wire for 11.2, but I placed the speakers on the stands just to verify the 11.2 options. It calibrated all 11.2 speakers. It seems to do a good job of playback through speakers. We'll see how it turn out in a year!

Yes, I see the 11 outputs + LFE - sweet! It'll just have to be the receiver doing all the legwork as currently most soundcards and all known sources are limited to 8 channels.

Some people swear by the front-wide configuration (LLF + LF + C + RF +RRF) as opposed to top or "height" channels as it is said to improve the soundstage and most receivers have options to play with the stereo width component - very few have a height adjustment and really, where would it get that info? It only knows L-R. I would arrange them that way - front-wide.

When it's all done post pics in the thread "Who has the most extensive home theatre setup"!!
bluray Wrote:I'm planning to build a new home at the end of the year. I'm planning to pre-wire it as shown below. My Onkyo have these options, and I want to utilize the entire surround speakers in my new theater room. I hope that XBMC release XBMC with HD audio options by then....Smile

OMFG Shocked that would be one kick ass set-up
Ummmm....guys - you may want to look at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1008621

Out-of-the-box works flawlessly on mine (Eden Beta 2) without AE!
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7