• 47(current)
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd
(2012-04-04, 16:27)bluray Wrote: Yes, that is right. If you're watching blu-ray disc, your only option is to use whatever subtitles included in blu-ray disc......

Are you saying you want to add your personnal subtitle to the existing blu-ray disc? I never see anyone done it.....but I think that it can be done though. You might have to rip blu-ray disc to the local hard drive, and demux/mux the subtitles of your choice and then burn it to a new blu-ray disc. It'll get very expensive though......

I want to add subtitle file to bluray discs because I am from Czech republic (where are some of movies mor expensive) and I buy movie from UK (a lot of cheaper). I dont want to rip it to harddrive, I want to play them directly from bdrom. So that is main reason.

(2012-04-05, 16:05)Kend4erMe Wrote: you don't know what movie has hd audiImage
If you want to find out what codecs are in it, you can use this- MediaInfo or verify it on this website- Blu-rayStats
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Hi everyone,
Newbee to your first-rate forum Big Grin
Got a question to correct HD Audio usage (rather correct HDMI settings).
As far as installation and settings concerns, I´ve done everything according to instructions. Have installed Eden 11 with HD audio support and codecs, everything is working including TrueHD and DTS-HD MA.
I have connected HDMI to my receiver (Onkyo TX-NR609) with pass-through to LED TV (audio+video) when receiver is in stand-by mode. But when I forget to switch receiver on during the start of my HTPC and just switch on TV, correct settings are gone and there is no more HD audio support by my HDMI output in my HTPC. That´s probably still correct, because my TV has no such support so HDMI acts correctly. But unfortunately this is not changing after switching my receiver on and no HD audio stream is supported by HDMI any more, just standard DD (eventually DTS core). Even after HTPC reboot with receiver online nothing changes, I can´t decode HD audio any more, I have to re-install Realtek HD drivers and everything is OK again. Does anyone has such an experience? Is there any chance to set up HDMI capabilites once and for all to support HD audio no matter what is now connected to HTPC (per HDMI of course)?

Thanks for any valuable answer Wink

-------------------------------------

CriTCalH
XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio, Win7 32bit
ATI 5570, HDMI 7.1 --> Onkyo TX-NR609 --> LED LG
@critcah-

If you selected Onkyo HDMI audio ouput in Windows 7 control panel and selected WASAP: Onkyo HDMI in XBMC, there is not much else XBMC can do to correct it. It might be some kind of handshake issue here. Have you update the latest driver for your GPU? You can check on Onkyo website to see if they have any firmware update for your Onkyo too. My Onkyo HT-RC270 works better with the latest Onkyo firmware....

When you turn on Onkyo, your GPU should detect it instead of HDTV.........
Blu-Ray wrote:
You can follow my guide below and try not to skip any step:

1. connect your system- htpc>avr>hdtv with two hdmi cables and set avr to pass-through video
2. if you already installed xbmc, un-install xbmc in start>control panel>programs and features
3. delete all xbmc registry in start>type "regedit" in search box>select "current user">edit>type "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it>select "local machine">edit> "xbmc" in search box>if any xbmc pop up, delete it.

Note- step 2&3 above is necessary to make sure that everything will be freshly installed.

xbmc option-
1. install the latest "ati" video card driver
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
3. follow these steps to setup sound in control panel- control panel hd passthrough and make sure to configure speaker to "stereo"
4. download- darma 10.1 "don't launch xbmc at this point"
5. launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. if you haven't installed this ms c++ package, you can install it here- microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable Package (x86)
6. configure pre-eden hd audio settings using these steps- pre-eden settings
7. select bd movie file (iso/m2ts/mkv or index.bdmv directly from bd-rom) with dts-hd or truehd audio, and enjoy it! (if you don't know what movie has hd audio, you can verify it with bdinfo)

My question is this:
2. install- High Definition Audio Codecs
What driver should be used:
ATI HDMI Audio Device or just use one of the other drivers?

@Bjur-

You can try it with just GPU driver in #1 first. If you cannot get it to work with GPU driver, than you can try it with Realtek HD audio codecs.
(2012-04-17, 17:06)bluray Wrote: @critcah-

If you selected Onkyo HDMI audio ouput in Windows 7 control panel and selected WASAP: Onkyo HDMI in XBMC, there is not much else XBMC can do to correct it. It might be some kind of handshake issue here. Have you update the latest driver for your GPU? You can check on Onkyo website to see if they have any firmware update for your Onkyo too. My Onkyo HT-RC270 works better with the latest Onkyo firmware....

When you turn on Onkyo, your GPU should detect it instead of HDTV.........

Thanks for help, everything is working perfectly now. My problem was that I wasn´t expecting that HDMI detects connected hardware during system boot. I just thought that I can switch the receiver on at any time and HD audio support will work always. But it´s not logical, because I can´t expect 7.1 channels and DTS-HD MA or TrueHD support when just TV is connected and receiver is offline No

I am so stooopid Blush
(2012-04-19, 20:57)CriTCalH Wrote: Thanks for help, everything is working perfectly now.
I'm glad that everything work out fine for you........Nod

(2012-04-19, 20:57)CriTCalH Wrote: My problem was that I wasn´t expecting that HDMI detects connected hardware during system boot. I just thought that I can switch the receiver on at any time and HD audio support will work always. But it´s not logical, because I can´t expect 7.1 channels and DTS-HD MA or TrueHD support when just TV is connected and receiver is offline No

I am so stooopid Blush
It happens.....everyone do this once in a while. Who know, HDTV might be able to decode HD audio in the future.....Big Grin

Hi, have you tried the new xbmc with audioengine (http://xbmc.org/dddamian/2012/05/30/xbmc-audio-goes-hd/)? Is this no longer required if using the audio engine nightly's?
Wondering if your suggested HTPC builds on the first post work with these new audio engine nightly's, have you tried? Many thanks. Great post!
(2012-07-03, 22:23)madburg Wrote: Hi, have you tried the new xbmc with audioengine (http://xbmc.org/dddamian/2012/05/30/xbmc-audio-goes-hd/)? Is this no longer required if using the audio engine nightly's?
Wondering if your suggested HTPC builds on the first post work with these new audio engine nightly's, have you tried? Many thanks. Great post!
I tried the nightly build, but it was stuttering on my HTPC.....by the way, I use this version now- Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........
Many thanks (read it now), will your second recommend setup with the AsRock H67M-ITX/HT with Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz HD3000 65W still work with the info from your post "Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... "? I just gave up on AMD, spent money to many time on them and always got burn sooner or later... perfer to stay with intel.

Your second recommended setup should be beefy enought not to have any issues (stuttering, etc...). OS running of of SSD drive. All media is n an unRAID server, all HW on gig ethernet (nothing will be transcoded and audio is being bitstreamed). My (mid 2010) mac mini is lower spec and no issue at all (less HD audio bit streaming).

I have tried all hardware with plex and nothing bitstreams hd audio. And truly tried of pleading over there to get it supported.

I was learning from your posts and would need something like PleXMBC plugin (http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...-for-xbmc/) so I could use a single media catalog (which Plex PMS already gives me). Not sure if this PleXMBC plugin would work with Eden RC2... just seeing if anyone here is using it.
(2012-07-04, 00:04)madburg Wrote: Many thanks (read it now), will your second recommend setup with the AsRock H67M-ITX/HT with Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz HD3000 65W still work with the info from your post "Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC......... "?
You should be able to playback everything in your list with Intel i3-2105/HD3000, including bitstreaming DTS-HD MA and TrueHD audio.......

Thank you Blu. May have some more questions for you as I start building one. Appreciate all your posts and sharing the info.
hi I`m looking at getting a i3 (Sandy bridge) 2105 or 2125 CPU
I looking at motherboards, i see 2 i like

http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/In.../11575226/
and
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...=MB-523-AS

my main priority is to use the intel GPU for HTPC and bitstreaming HD-AUDIO....dts-ma etc etc.

I`d rather get the Asus board as its a little cheaper, but its on via audio chip...can i stilll bitsteam dts-ma from the cpu on that board ??

Also, neither board says they are hdmi 1.4.....??

does the audio chip matter if its getting bitstreamed fropm the cpu side ??

cheers.

You should be able to bitstream with this "ASRock H77M-ITX LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard" with Intel i3. It included HDMI 1.4a, front USB 3.0 header, etc......
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd7