Tick Mark not staying on watched videos.
Hi,

Each time I finish to watch a video using XBMC on Apple TV2 the tick mark does appear, but does not remain after changing folder or watching another video.

Can someone help?

LeMarsu
read the FAQ about "atv2 forgets my settings" or something like that. Sounds like a permission problem. Did you copy files around on your atv2 with root user? ( e.x. backup and restore xbmc settings or something like that)

also would be important which version you are using...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just wanted to add a note that Filezilla (at least on the Mac, and at least for me) maintains permissions on uploaded files rather than changing them to match the permissions of the destination folder/files. This caused problems for me (I've since changed FTP clients). Since I imagine more than a few people use Filezilla, it's something to keep in mind.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Memphiz Wrote:read the FAQ about "atv2 forgets my settings" or something like that. Sounds like a permission problem. Did you copy files around on your atv2 with root user? ( e.x. backup and restore xbmc settings or something like that)

also would be important which version you are using...

Thank for the suggestions but I had no success, here are some answers to your questions to help.

I installed XBMC using nitoTV.
Version :
  • looking in System info in XBMC I see : XBMC Pre-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3 (Compiled : Jun 23 2011)
  • looking in NitoTV I see: 10.0-9
  • AppleTV IOS 4.2.2 (2203)

Looking at the FAQ "Why are settings or sources not stored and updates are failing?"
it looks like the permission are a problem but when I checked these are the settings I had :

Code:
AppleTV:/User/Library/Preferences/XBMC root# ls -lsa
total 0
0 drwxr-xr-x  8 mobile mobile 272 Jul 31 08:59 ./
0 drwx------  4 mobile mobile 782 Oct  1 07:06 ../
0 drwxr-xr-x 13 mobile mobile 442 Sep 12 14:52 addons/
0 drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile  68 Jul 31 08:59 media/
0 drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile  68 Jul 31 08:59 sounds/
0 drwxr-xr-x  2 mobile mobile  68 Jul 31 08:59 system/
0 drwxr-xr-x  8 mobile mobile 306 Jan  1  1970 temp/
0 drwxr-xr-x  7 mobile mobile 408 Jul 31 09:01 userdata/

but still ran the recommended command (with no success).
Code:
chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

LeMarsu
>XBMC Pre-11.0 Git:20110623-62171b3 (Compiled : Jun 23 2011)

Update to latest nightly and try again. It's probably unrelated, but the nightly is waaaay better than the last Cydia/repo build. Tons of bugs fixed since then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tick Mark not staying on watched videos.0