selected item does not get focused
Something I'm noticing in recent nightly builds (september 6th and 9th).

When going from the homescreen to one of the media views (movies, tvshows, etc) the selected movie stays in it's unfocused state (example)
Once you scroll the item gets focused.

This only happens when returning from the homescreen. So entering the library for the first time it will focus the "folderback" item correctly. Scroll to another movie, escape to home menu and reenter the library and the previously selected movie doesn't get focused.

It doesn't seem skin specific as I could reproduce with all skins I tried.

edit: only happens for video views, music views work as expected
I must say I can't reproduce it with git master, going back and forth to movies from home end up with list (and item) being focused. If You enable debugging what control is focused after You re-enter video nav? Anyone else have same issue?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

My previous forum/trac nickname: grajen3
Can't really figure out an ID here, but it does give an error about not being able to parse a label: http://pastebin.com/x89FSXxk
I mean that enable debugging in addon.xml and check control ID that debug info line that is shown on top of window
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

It does focus the container, 52 (fixedlist) in this case
I can see in skins that use a different color bordertexture that the item is selected, it just doesn't get focused.

When the item does get focused by scrolling, and I reload the skin through a keyboard shortcut it goes to the unfocused state again too btw
Something I just noticed when I had XBMC in the background, dim screensaver active.
The selected item (still unfocused) quickly went from unfocused to focused and back again twice (like what happens when you mark an item as watched or unwatched).
I have implicitly fixed this problem with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ce98...ff9f51ad97 although I intended to fix another problem. So wait for the next nightly build (the one from september 9th doesn't have this commit yet) and everything should be fine again.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Great Smile thanks guys
Jeroen Wrote:Can't really figure out an ID here, but it does give an error about not being able to parse a label: http://pastebin.com/x89FSXxk
this isn't really related to issue, but debug log should be now (from Sep 10 nightly) more verbose - it will output label it can't parse.

Montellese Wrote:I have implicitly fixed this problem with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ce98...ff9f51ad97 although I intended to fix another problem. So wait for the next nightly build (the one from september 9th doesn't have this commit yet) and everything should be fine again.

Confirmed to be fixed in today's build Smile

pieh Wrote:this isn't really related to issue, but debug log should be now (from Sep 10 nightly) more verbose - it will output label it can't parse.

Nice Smile It indeed now gives an explanation as to where the error occurs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
selected item does not get focused0