No audio at all in XBMC
Hello, I use my XBMC almost everyday and it works flawlessly, however the other day I ran XBMC and there was no audio whatsoever. I checked that it was not muted by pressing F8 and also checked in the system settings it was using HDMI.

I have an Revo R3610 connected via HDMI to my TV. The night before it had been working fine so I do not know what could have caused this. I have tried all three audio options in the system settings but still no joy.

I don't want to have to install a clean XBMC and reconfigure it all if I can help it.

All other audio on the Revo works fine, I have been using VLC to watch my media. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Star 
Just on the wild side... play a video and hit the + and - keys on your keyboard. I noticed that you didn't say anything about volume control other than mute, and I guess I shouldn't have to say reboot. Some things to check.... cables all nice and secure, O/S audio device working fine, you have audio in other players, HDMI setting as audio default.
PatK Wrote:Just on the wild side... play a video and hit the + and - keys on your keyboard. I noticed that you didn't say anything about volume control other than mute, and I guess I shouldn't have to say reboot. Some things to check.... cables all nice and secure, O/S audio device working fine, you have audio in other players, HDMI setting as audio default.

You're a star! It was the +/- keys causing the problem. Don't know how I managed to hold the - key without noticing, may have been a stuck key.

Thanks again Big Grin
Evilsatan Wrote:You're a star! It was the +/- keys causing the problem. Don't know how I managed to hold the - key without noticing, may have been a stuck key.

Thanks again Big Grin
that is weird, but why other media player can playback audio fine with stuck key and not xbmc is beyond me!:confused2:

i'm glad that you got it to work again! Nod
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio at all in XBMC0