NFS Setup Assistance with Synology NAS
(2013-05-31, 11:34)Memphiz Wrote: For windows you will need an ssh client - "putty" for example.

thanks dude, i'm such a turd.
Hi,
I have running my xbmc since 2 years.

But now i've got a DVB-C Card and i configured it on a new installation.

TV works fine now, but now i can't add any videos sources via smb or nfs.
I've used the Setup guide for my DS211j again and the folders are still "insecure"

Code:
/volume1/Filme  *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Serien *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,sec=sys,anonuid=0,anongid=0)
/volume1/Backup *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,insecure_locks,sec=sys,anonuid=1025,anongid=100)
i have no clue why the backup folder is listed, doesn't matter...nothing usefull in it

anyway, so far, so good

But, when i want to add a video source by clicking on NFS i will get a loading circle and then nothing happens. Sad

The xbmc.log pukes this:
Code:
16:41:48 T:3037543104   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
16:41:48 T:3037543104   ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) fail$

No idea what it mean.
My old xbmc worked very well

If i use SMB, it finds the Diskstation, but when i click on it i'll get only "Operation not permitted" - but that's an another story

I don't want to reinstall my system. TV Setup has taken some time. Wink

I hope someone can help me.
ls -al /volume1/Filme on the nas ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-09-12, 21:47)Memphiz Wrote: ls -al /volume1/Filme on the nas ...

Hi, I have the exact same problem, followed all the steps and when I click on NFS share nothing happens on XBMC.

So, I went back to SSH and typed the command you mentioned and it listed correctly all my repertory content. Do you have any other clue?

Thx in advance
I want to see that output ... of course it is listing the files ... and if you jump in here i need an debug log (wiki) from you too - for beeing sure we are hunting the same problem here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Same problem, I get only the first folder "Video"...
Code:
DiskStation> ls -al /volume1/Video
d---------    6 root     root          4096 Apr 10 18:33 .
drwxr-xr-x   12 root     root          4096 Apr 19 14:26 ..
drwxrwxrwx   10 admin    users         4096 Mar 30 17:35 3DFilmy
drwxrwxrwx   30 admin    users         4096 Apr 19 08:37 Filmy
drwxrwxrwx   62 admin    users         4096 Apr  9 12:55 Pohadky
drwxrwxrwx   27 admin    users         4096 Apr  4 18:34 Serie

Code:
DiskStation> cat /etc/exports

/volume1/Video  *(rw,async,no_wdelay,insecure,no_root_squash,insecure,sec=sys,anonuid=1025,anongid=100)DiskStation>
@Mayki - you have a different problem, the only folder you setup for sharing is Video
(the exports should show *all* the folders you want shared)

Go to the Control Panel / Sharing and make sure each and every folder you want has NFS permissions set up, then edit the exports file again
the video folder has no filesystem permissions set - that is the problem... ("d--------")
I followed these steps word for word and am still not getting a connection. The nfs is showing up in xbmc but will not show or upload any files. This is the same on Mac and Win 8 connecting to a Synology.
Thanks so much for the great info this worked great. I have access now using NFS and I can see all directories. The one issue I am having is extremely slow access to the NFS shares. Is there a solution for this. What happens is I access the shares in file manager XMBC and when I select the NFS share it takes anywhere from 45 sec to over a minuet to access the directories.

Anyone else having this issue and a way to solve it.

Thanks for the great info!
Hmm. I can see all the files if I browse but kodi wont update my library to show them. Hmm.
-Mike
(2014-04-21, 18:23)Memphiz Wrote: the video folder has no filesystem permissions set - that is the problem... ("d--------")

I seem to have this issue as well. I have followed all the steps on my Synology NAS DS412+, When I enter the 'ls -al' command I can see my folder '.' also has this "d---------". Is this why I can't get the content of the shared folder listed in Kodi? If so how does i fix this?

I'm trying to go from SMB to NFS with my setup, so now I'm just trying to get kodi on ATV2 to work with the NFS protocol. Later, when this works I will see if I can get the shared database etc. to work with NFS, so all my kodi units can use the same XML-files (advancedsettings, passwords and sources).

Hope someone can help me along the way and other inputs and recommendations are welcome.
on the nas
Code:
chmod -R 755 /path/to/your/exported/folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Setup Assistance with Synology NAS2