Missing Music
I have been using this app for a few days and it is beautiful. I looked through the forums several times and i haven't found anyone with this same issue. All of the program works great except when i go to "listen to music" it says no albums found and no artists found. I can access through folder mode. My music is a few layers deep (music-> first letter-> artist -> album) so i thought this might be too much so i moved a song to music level and still no music. Update Library says "music library update has been launched" then fades away but no music is ever added. Any suggestions?

HTC mytouch
Android 2.2.1

Xbmc on windows 7
It maybe a silly question, do you have your albums added into the music library in XBMC?
"Update library" wont work until you've scanned at least one folder. Select your root music folder in "files mode" and bring up the context menu. now select "Scan to library". then when your in libraby mode you can select "update library" to add new tracks from your music folder.

RBX
Yes my xbmc music database is updated on my pc. I went to root folder and retired to update but still same affect. And update is not available any deeper in the folders.
Another thing I noticed is that on my other pc windows media center can play files off of the xbmc server but there isn't any music available there either. Everything else is just like on my phone. On htpc i have all check boxes checked in the network settings and am using defaut xbmc web interface. Does that help anyone solve this problem?
what ever is happening its because you still havent mangaed to scan the albums into the library. at the moment you can browse them in "files mode" just like windows explorer, but xbmc hasnt scanned and cached them into its own library yet.

Try deleting the "music.db" file from
users/YOURNAME/app data/roaming/XBMC/userdata/database

and then delete the folder "music" from
users/YOURNAME/app data/roaming/XBMC/userdata/thumbnails\

This will clear any library data xbmc has scanned. You will still be able to browse the music in "files mode"

Your folder structure should be fine but heres mine.

Albums (Root Folder)
->Genre (subfolder 1)
-->Artist (Subfolder 2)
--->Album (Subfolder 3)
---->xxx.mp3 (Audio Track)

In files mode, set your music root folder as a source. Now highlight that source and bring up the context menu and select "scan item to library". this should begin scanning through all of your music and creating a library in XBMC. once complete, open library mode (most skins have this as an option in the pop out side menu). now your music library should be displayed. the latyout will be based on the tags pulled from each individual mp3 file, so make sure you have all your mp3s correctly tagged brfore scanning. Now when ever you are in library mode, you can bring up the context menu and select "update library" to tell xbmc to scan any previously scanned folders for more music or alterations. (If you scan mulitple sources in "files mode", updating the library from "library mode" automatically scans all previously scanned sources from "files mode" for changes.)

Hope this clears it up.

RBX
Hi!

I have two different RPi model B's running Kodi (latest) and they stutter in music playback, approx. half a second or so.

They're attached to my gigabit LAN and streams from my NAS (freenas) through SMB.

One of them plays through Hdmi through an Onkyo receiver and the other only through the 3.5mm audio output and through a small stereo amplifier.

With the one streaming through the audio-cable I also experience noise when pausing and during playback, but I will try to eliminate that with another power adapter and with an earth-separation filter (don't know if that's what it's called in English) connected to the 3.5mm to 2xRCA cable between the RPi and the amp.

Can anyone help me get the problem with the stuttering fixed?

EDIT: POSTED IN WRONG THREAD. I CAN'T DELETE IT MYSELF. I HAVE MADE THE POST IN CORRECT THREAD, BUT NEED HELP FROM THE MODERATORS DELETING MY POST HERE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Music0