[AppleTV2] Couldn't find package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Hey everyone!

The title pretty much says it all. Whenever I try to download XBMC for ATV2, I get the message "E: Couldn't find package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2".

This happens whether I try to download it with nitoTV or if I SSH in with PuTTY.

The ATV is connected to the Internet over WiFi; don't think that matters much but I figured I'd mention it.

Can anyone help me get past this error?

Thanks!
either your ATV2 isn't connecting to the internet or you didn't type in commands correctly. At least that's all I can tell from your post here. Tell us all the steps you took, the more detail the better.
apt-get update?
Same exact problem, I tried from Nito Tv and got the "E: Couldn't find package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2" and by ssh I got:
Apple-TV:~ root# wget -O- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add ---2011-09-07 09:37:34-- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub
Resolving apt.awkwardtv.org... 74.208.75.216
Connecting to apt.awkwardtv.org|74.208.75.216|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1698 (1.7K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `STDOUT'

100%[=======================================>] 1,698 --.-K/s in 0s

2011-09-07 09:37:35 (22.5 MB/s) - `-' saved [1698/1698]

gpg: renaming `/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' to `/etc/apt/trusted.gpg~' failed: Cross-device link
gpg: error writing keyring `/etc/apt/trusted.gpg': file rename error
gpg: error reading `-': file rename error
gpg: import from `-' failed: file rename error

I did a fresh install and jailbreak of atv2 last night, worked for about 10 minutes then xbmc stopped working re-jailbroke, tried to install xbmc and got these errors
I fixed it.

I redid the instructions from the "Install XBMC on ATV2" wiki page. Perhaps I missed a dot or something the first time. Vanna, I suggest you try that, as it worked for me.

Thanks guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Couldn't find package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv20