Scroll down not page down
I have XBMC on my main TV and on my laptop... both have Apple white remotes... on the laptop it is perfect, when I hold the button to move down the list of movies it goes down one at a time unless I use the scroll bar to page down at a time... but on the main TV, when I hold the button to move down the list, it pages down...

They are both configured exactly the same... the only difference is the laptop has a lot less content, only a few movies instead of a many... It appears that maybe it isn't paging down, but rather moving as a percentage of the total?

This is a problem because it makes it hard to quickly get to the movie I want.

I'm using the backrow skin... maybe it is skin specific....

Anyway, anyone know about this and how to change or control this behavior?
It's designed so that when you hold down the remote you get to the end of a list (no matter how long) in X seconds. So a longer list will skip more items when things start scrolling quickly. On a slower system this would exhibit itself as jumping.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't think it's a "slow system" problem... the main PC is a six-core processor... but there are many items in that list...

The slow laptop is only a dual-core and it works great, but there are only a few hundred items in that list...

so it doesn't appear to be a slower system problem, but rather a longer list problem...

is there no way I can change this behavior? edit the value of X seconds?
Not without rebuilding XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scroll down not page down0