[Appletv2] Buffer then freeze problem
Question 
Hi everyone,

I am really hoping somebody can help me with this problem I have been having. I love the ATV2/XBMC set-up; but there are a few niggling bugs which are making life difficult.

My set up is as follow:
1) XBMC on ATV2 with latest firmware using nightly build
2) Sharing via SMB from a laptop with 2 external HD's attached to it

I have the following problem nearly every episode of a TV show or Movie that I watch - the movie will pause, the buffering notification will pop-up and then it will stall - I can then hit menu, it will take me back to the list of episodes/movies and I can resume the movie from where it paused. Any thoughts?

I have attached my log file - I believe that it was around 10:10 - 10:30 that the problem occurred but cannot seem to troubleshoot from the info provided.

Log File

Thanks in advance!
Just gonna go out on a limb here... but I'm gonna say network problem. Wired or wireless? if wireless, is it wireless-n? Have you tried copying a file over to the ATV2 and timing it?
+1 for network problem since this isn't a known issue and you are the only one reporting it right now. If it was - they would run us over here in the forum Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi All,

The router is wireless-N, the ATV2 is wireless-N (to the best of my knowledge), the PC is not...would you suggest that I wire the PC to the router?

Cheers,
Tristan
tjwebster Wrote:Hi All,

The router is wireless-N, the ATV2 is wireless-N (to the best of my knowledge), the PC is not...would you suggest that I wire the PC to the router?

Cheers,
Tristan

yes
chuckles Wrote:yes

i would suggest to wire the ATV2 to the router too if possible - because of the atv2 wlan is wacky ... but step by step ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Appletv2] Buffer then freeze problem0