• 7(current)
[SFF] unRAID Server
This could save some $$ Dual Core Fusion... Six SATA 6.0 onboard... $80

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813131843
Hey there,

The C60M1-I looks great except I know that unRAID had an issue with the Realtek 8111F. Does anyone know if it's still an issue? Otherwise, seems like the perfect setup for a mini server!
(2012-07-02, 10:47)PoisonDespot Wrote: Hey there,

The C60M1-I looks great except I know that unRAID had an issue with the Realtek 8111F. Does anyone know if it's still an issue? Otherwise, seems like the perfect setup for a mini server!

As far As I know it's been fixed.
Amazing post! this is just what i need to get started out!

I dont know if your still reading these threads but i have a quick question.

Im in the UK so i have to find most of the items over here, amazon seems to have all of them but the MOBO + iGPU, would you reccomend another one to use iv had a look around and i dont want to get one that is uncompatable or wont work to the best it can, what my plan is to have this running 24/7 sharing media to my home via the network but i would also like it downloading using Sabnzbd, Sickbeard with Couchpotatoe so i would upgrade my RAM a few gig, from what i understand Unraid wont be able to download it will just turn the Server into dedicated filesharing tower, how could i combine both?

Thanks
(2012-08-29, 16:48)Sean1516 Wrote: Amazing post! this is just what i need to get started out!

Im in the UK so i have to find most of the items over here, amazon seems to have all of them but the MOBO + iGPU, would you reccomend another one to use iv had a look around and i dont want to get one that is uncompatable or wont work to the best it can, what my plan is to have this running 24/7 sharing media to my home via the network but i would also like it downloading using Sabnzbd, Sickbeard with Couchpotatoe so i would upgrade my RAM a few gig, from what i understand Unraid wont be able to download it will just turn the Server into dedicated filesharing tower, how could i combine both?

Thanks

You can definetly use SABNZB , while sharing files. Unraid is not a dedicated filesharing server. For Sickbeard and Couchpotatoe: As far I remember, there are modules for them as well, but I never used them.
(2012-08-30, 12:06)thica Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 16:48)Sean1516 Wrote: Amazing post! this is just what i need to get started out!

Thanks

You can definetly use SABNZB , while sharing files. Unraid is not a dedicated filesharing server. For Sickbeard and Couchpotatoe: As far I remember, there are modules for them as well, but I never used them.

Thanks for the reply!

I found this website which provides all plugins!

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.ph...ID_Plugins

Think im going to go ahead with it once i find a good mobo + igpu

Hi,

I am thinking about using UNRaid. A few quick questions:

I have 4 drives:
2 X 2TB
1 X 1TB
1 X 640GB

Will this work for Unraid ?

I am at around 75% capacity. Can I for instance,
1. wipe the 640GB drive,
2. set that up for unraid
3. transfer files from the 1TB to the 640GB
4. wipe the 1TB..
5. same for the others.

Next question:
If I later want to change my processor, can I simply do that ?

If I want to change the flash drive later, can I do that easily ?

Thanks

(2012-09-01, 22:36)fishypops Wrote: Hi,

I am thinking about using UNRaid. A few quick questions:

I have 4 drives:
2 X 2TB
1 X 1TB
1 X 640GB

Will this work for Unraid ?

I am at around 75% capacity. Can I for instance,
1. wipe the 640GB drive,
2. set that up for unraid
3. transfer files from the 1TB to the 640GB
4. wipe the 1TB..
5. same for the others.

Next question:
If I later want to change my processor, can I simply do that ?

If I want to change the flash drive later, can I do that easily ?

Thanks

If you want to use the parity feature of unRAID you'll lose one of your largest drives. Parity ensures that if you lose a drive you can rebuild it on a replacement without losing any data... I highly recommend it. If you don't want the parity, you may be better off with a different system. You may need to get another 2TB drive to really get the most out of that OS.

I've used unRAID for over a year and really like it. The forums are well maintained and full of helpful people that offer the support and info almost around the clock. The plugin system is pretty slick, too.

You'll be able to upgrade your CPU, but your license is tied to the flash drive you purchase.

Let me know if you have more questions, I've subscribed to this thread and will help out if I can. I highly recommend going to the forums and reading around before buying, though, to make sure the system is in line with what you're expecting.
Are there any good substitutes for the MOBO + IGPU since its out of stock can anyone help?
You'd be better off going to the unRAID forum and asking there. I think damn near anything that is made today should work, outside of Giga-byte boards with HPA.

Personally I use a Supermicro board that allows me to use IPMI on it so I can do a KVM over IP. Well worth the extra cost to me, but if you are looking for budget just find whatever is cheapest.

Here is the board I would recommend posting your specs in. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?board=39.0 People there should have a better idea than folks here.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SFF] unRAID Server0