• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)
Thumbs Up 
UPDATE INFO: New skin update for Frodo is in the works, will support pvr - no release date yet - screenshots

--------

So, finally here's the new version of my skin for the latest nightly builds. Smile

How to install:
  • Download XBMC 11.0 “Eden”
  • Download repository.blacks.zip
  • In case you've used the old version and have skin.xperience1080 in addons, delete it first and remove everything related to xperience1080 from guisettings.xml in the userdata folder
  • In XBMC browse to Add-ons > Install from ZIP file > Navigate to where you saved xbmc.repo.blacks.zip and Install
  • Go to Add-ons > Get Add-ons > Black's Repository > Program Add-Ons (you may need to update the repo once if it's empty)
  • IMPORTANT: Install viewmodes & playerevents script
  • Go back, then into Skin, install Xperience1080 and run it after install
  • Then restart XBMC because there are some scripts which get started on startup
  • If you want to use the metro home screen, go to settings -> skin -> home -> enable metro home screen

You can post bugs and suggestions here. Skin is also available on github (check link below). If you want to mod the skin, I can also provide .psd files, just ask if you need something.

Note:
Download banners with Artwork Downloader and enable "prefer posters" in the thetvdb scraper settings. Enable locally stored banners in the skin settings (I will drop this setting in future skin version and enabled will be default).

Translations:
If someone wants to do a translation for another language besides english & german, here's the english language file.

Github:
https://github.com/Black09/Xperience1080

Gallery
Video
Absolutely stunning. Very well done!
Gonna check how this preforms on ATV2. Looks Amazing.Shocked
i confuse on de /nightlies for downloading the skin :/ i'm very noob
It works on xbox? Smile
Sweet jeebus, just scratching the surface of this right now. I just had to come in here and post. These are some of the smoothest animations I've come across. Navigation just feels so fluid. The little touches like coming to the end of the list on the home screen and the panel's "nudge" letting you know you can't go further. Transition fades and menu flips, so smooth.

Really like your skin settings screens. Has that refined feeling already that a skin gets after it's been out for a long time.

Really really well done. Now back to playing!
shago11 Wrote:It works on xbox? Smile

No.
ok downloading now, if it works on xbox i advise =3
Very impressive `Black! Just had a quick look so far, I'll give more detailed feedback later but one bug I've noticed is that the now playing notification doesn't seem to work regardless of enabling or disabling it.
Now playing is working fine here... did you restart XBMC? Script isn't running if you don't after download.
Yes I restarted, I've tried disabling it and re enabling it restarting inbetween but it's still not working.
EDIT: Not sure if this is skin related or not but if I try and access recently added xbmc immediately hangs, consumes all available ram and thrashes the HDD causing windows to also hang.
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(410) + !Window.IsVisible(volumebar) + !Window.IsVisible(musicplaylist) + !Window.IsVisible(visualisation) + !Container.Content(Songs) + !Container.Content(Artists) + !Container.Content(Albums) + !Container.Content(Playlists)</visible>

It's not visible in some area's, especially musiclibrary. But there's room for improvement I think.
Amazing skin... it's beautiful Shocked

tungmeister Wrote:Yes I restarted, I've tried disabling it and re enabling it restarting inbetween but it's still not working.

It's the blinking button in the bottom right Wink

Quote:EDIT: Not sure if this is skin related or not but if I try and access recently added xbmc immediately hangs, consumes all available ram and trashes the HDD causing windows to also hang.

I have the same problem..
Yeah, I've run into the same problem with Recently Added. Sucks up all the ram, hangs windows until xbmc finally crashes out.

I should clarify, this seems to only happen when going through the Home sub-menus. If I go to Recently Added through the root of the Music/TV/Movie options (Artists, Genre, Top 100, etc) it works fine.
Slurrrp Wrote:It's the blinking button in the bottom right Wink

No, this is now playing notification Smile

Slurrrp Wrote:I have the same problem..

Yes, I also have that problem... I didn't change a thing there, it was working yesterday... maybe a XBMC bug, I will look into it.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)14