• 88(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)
I know that, it's only supported on Linux which I don't use... I have tried it in a vm but since XBMC runs with 2fps there, it's not an option for me.
Wink 
(2012-04-17, 15:37)`Black Wrote: q1) I don't have any of the colored ones shipped with the skin... if you use the github version, you can simply replace the images in media/musicgenres. If you use the repo version, you have to edit ViewtypesMusicLibrary.xml and replace all occurrences of musicgenres/[i] with i.e. [i]musicgenrescolored/[i] and place the genre images in [i]media/musicgenrescolored/.

q2) That is likely the problem. You need to have them in the XBMC database. Spotlight and featured albums should work if you have movies and music... if it's not working, post a debug log please.

already asked q1) SORTED - my genres now look great, cheers.
already asked q2) SORTED - well, two out of three empy boxes are sorted thanks to your answer, thanks. Thanks for the info. Only "ongoing tv shows" is empty now: Excuse my ignorance, but when you say 'database' is that the same as the 'library'? I ask because the video add-on i use (What The Furk) does add each tv series to the library. How can I make sure that this box isn't empty? Do I need to download a full tv series and add it to my library?

Do you mind if I ask some more questions please? I know you must get tired of answering the same questions but I have read the thread, but still have questions. Just take it a compliment because I LOVE this skin Big Grin

new q3) What is the difference between the git version and the repo version? is the git version more up to date.
new q4) I have the nice plain pale grey background in my metro view home screen. Is there a jpg file somewhere for this background because I would like to make the same background for all areas of the skin.
new q4.1) Is there anyway I can see my fanarts properly on the home screen eg can I remove the mist that appears on the fanart? I've spent many hours gathering fanart that i like Blush
new q5) Can this skin use the following?
  • last.fm playlist addon
  • last.fm/artist slideshow addons
new q6) Is there anyway to have the 'now playing' screen to NOT show TWO album covers? I usually play albums so it just looks like there are two albums the same for now reason.
new q7) what does the 'titles' list do in the music section?

I have more but will leave it there for now Rofl
q2) database = library. If the add-on add the shows to the video db, then it should work. If you have any new and unwatched episodes of a tv show, ongoing tv shows should not be empty.
q3) Yes, git is more up to date but there could be more buggy/unfinished things and it's slower because of the missing textures.xbt.
q4) You can but there's a reason that it's there... menu would be unreadable on some backgrounds. You could try the dark version (settings -> skin -> general -> stage style). The home screen is not focused on background fanarts but more on the content of your movies, shows, music etc. itself. If you still don't want the overlay, you have to remove line 125-142 in Includes_WindowContents.xml.
q5) If those need skin support (which I don't know), no.
q6) Not without editing the .xml files...
q7) Do you mean "titles" in the music submenu? Displays all your songs... I maybe should change it to "songs".
(2012-04-11, 13:48)`Black Wrote: Could be a problem with the mysql database... could you (just for testing) try with a standard db?
Just tested: Works perfectly with local database. Back to MYSQL it does not work anymore.
Problem identified. Any chances for a fix? Smile
Well i tried to implement the lastfm artist slideshow addon in your skin Black, but haven`t figured out how to make the images appear in the background.

So i`m making a feature request if you have time and think it`s worth it, to implement this feature, which is a really nice script.

And btw, do you plan on submiting this skin to the official XBMC repo? It kinda needs it, it`s one the best skins alive. Big Grin
(2012-04-17, 21:37)`Black Wrote: @Mati24
Press 'Esc' on the loading screen will take you to the home screen right away.

Esc cancel the scan ?
It's not possible to scan in background at the startup ?

Thank you
Hey Black sorry I missed that post about PVR - I'm saying I will try and add this support to your skin - also if you install the Pulse Eight version it does have a Dummy-PVR package you can use without having the hardware, but I'll try to get it working with your textures / learn how to package skins

ta
It does have but only the Linux version.

@Mati24
That won't cancel the scan, only skip the startup window. Scan already runs in background but I've delayed the loading of the home screen because skin is sluggish while loading watchlist.

@Lucleonhart
Then I don't see why the skin should be a problem. This problem should occur in all skins then.
(2012-04-18, 09:58)GreenEyez Wrote: Well i tried to implement the lastfm artist slideshow addon in your skin Black, but haven`t figured out how to make the images appear in the background.

So i`m making a feature request if you have time and think it`s worth it, to implement this feature, which is a really nice script.

And btw, do you plan on submiting this skin to the official XBMC repo? It kinda needs it, it`s one the best skins alive. Big Grin

REQUEST 1) I'd like to 2nd this request quoted above for the "last.fm" and/or "artist slideshow" to be supported. These are very good scripts that I used to use all the time.

Background info for Black: The 2 scripts above do basically the same thing. What they do is when you play a song (whether via last.fm or just your own local songs) these addons use last.fm to download pictures of the currently playing artist and plays a slideshow of those pictures. I used to use it by exiting all the way to the main menu and then the slideshow would appear, but i THINK the slideshow works in the 'now playing' section too.

REQUEST 2) I noticed an addon in the list of available addons called "last.fm playlist generator" and it would be great to have that supported too!

Background info for Black: What this does is it basically uses the song you are currently listening to (even if you are just listening to one of your own locally stored songs) and it goes away and uses the last.fm website to figure out what other songs you will probably like. It will then automatically fill your music playlist with any local songs that you already have that match the results from the last.fm query.

so it doesnt stream any songs from last.fm but uses the last.fm technology to create a playlist of your local songs = awesomeness Big Grin
Thanks for taking the time to post back, i really appreciate your efforts. I've replied in bold in the quote below to some of the aswers you gave

(2012-04-18, 00:42)`Black Wrote: q2) database = library. If the add-on add the shows to the video db, then it should work. If you have any new and unwatched episodes of a tv show, ongoing tv shows should not be empty. OK I understand what it does now, sorry. i didn't have any "new and unwatched" episodes. I have added one "new and unwatched episode" now, but the box is still empty. Is there a setting i need to activate to enable the watched/unwatched functionality? should i post a debug log?
q3) Yes, git is more up to date but there could be more buggy/unfinished things and it's slower because of the missing textures.xbt.
q4) You can but there's a reason that it's there... menu would be unreadable on some backgrounds. You could try the dark version (settings -> skin -> general -> stage style). The home screen is not focused on background fanarts but more on the content of your movies, shows, music etc. itself. If you still don't want the overlay, you have to remove line 125-142 in Includes_WindowContents.xml. 4) this is the one about having the home-grey background on all sections: I dont think you answered this one?

4.1)Many people really like fanart, perhaps you could put a mist only around the top menu text? Just a suggestion I hope I dont piss you off lol Big Grin your skin is the best out of many good skins so please dont think i am criticising!!

q5) If those need skin support (which I don't know), no.
q6) Not without editing the .xml files...I would love to know how to do this, if you have a minute. If it's complex to explain then please just ignore me, i don't want to waste your time.
q7) Do you mean "titles" in the music submenu? Displays all your songs... I maybe should change it to "songs".
Thanks i understand now

Can I ask, do you get annoyed at all the questions? because I'll only ask them if you don't mind ! I don't think I have any more now anyway. I've finally ran out Rofl

Well, you can post them but I might not answer them. Big Grin

To q4) The grey overlay wouldn't work on all views... I will leave everything like it is for now. q6) Yes, it's too much to explain.. the code for it is located in Includes_OSD.xml.
3 replies below about the stuff we have been discussing in previous posts:

1) "Ongoing TV Shows": here is my debug log. Can you see why my "ongoing tv shows" box is empty? I have 1 new unwatched episode in my library (House series 08 episode 17): http://pastebin.com/zfx58BR3

2) "making my global background the same grey jpg as the home menu": when im in movies, tv & music my background is fanart etc anyway. but for a few seconds before it gets to those screens, i see a purple one with dots. it just doesnt seem to match anything. I also see it when in settings, or in addons like youtube. I'd love it if I could have the grey one from the home page, (or even a similar .jpg file) to use as my global background?

3) "getting the mist away" i deleted lines 125-142 but there is still a grey mist over my fanart in the home menu. is line 125 in the stage section and does line 125 begin with <animation. The changes i made have removed the mist from all fanarts in all section EXCEPT the home menu.

4) Or perhaps the easiest things for the backgrounds is if there is a setting somewhere to make the mist a little less misty?

thanks.

1) Please upload your library (MyVideosXX.db), then I can check it.

2) No problem, just change the global background to something else. You can find the grey overlay on github.

3) Choose stage style "custom" and add an empty png and the stage will be hidden. This is the easiest way for users to hide the stage.
(2012-04-18, 19:07)`Black Wrote: 1) Please upload your library (MyVideosXX.db), then I can check it.

2) No problem, just change the global background to something else. You can find the grey overlay on github.

3) Choose stage style "custom" and add an empty png and the stage will be hidden. This is the easiest way for users to hide the stage.

1) I found two video databases. I have no idea why I have two. I have upladed them both to dropbox. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51390553/MyVideos58.db and http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51390553/MyVideos60.dba

2) Great I think thats working!. so at least if I can't get rid of the mist (number 3 below) then i can have some nice plain consistency though my apps etc! thanks.

3) the empty png has made my home screen appear to be on the 'dark' stage style instead of the default, and it still seems that the background fanarts are misty (but now its the dark mist). Is it possible to be on the light style but with no mist?
Yes, look for white_content.png and stage.png in Includes_WindowContents.xml and remove the controls.

To the watch list problem: Everything is unwatched in your tv show library, that's why you have no results.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)14