• 91(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)
Question 
Hi

its been a year or so and i finally returned to xbmc. xperience is the skin i want to go with in the future
but i dont get xbmc to run with it.
I tried the latest nightlie, the beta rc2 and rc3 and the official Eden Release.
I followed the instructions on page 1 but when i am in xbmc with xperience a lot of scripts fail.
i.e error: script failed! "grouplistmove.py" wich seems to be necessary for switching categories in options or so!
Is there something special to do while installing xbmc? (specific folder?)

XBMC is running on a newly set up windows 7 on my tft in1680*1050 (I changed ratio and resolution in xbmc to 16:9!)

a little advice would be great before i waste two more hours on only installing xbmc Rolleyes

thx!
Ralphey

Update:

After Deinstalling all, i installed latest nigtlie and the two scripts. Then i downloaded the gitfiles into addons and rename it into skin.xperience1080
Now it seems to work but i still get the message : error script failed! script.viewmodes!
@Ralphey88 Enable/install Viewmodes and Playerevents scripts from Black's repository.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
please more viewtypes, i love this theme but the video viewtypes and tvshow viewtypes are so limited =( i like banners for my tv shows but for all of them to show at once like aeon, and for movies i like big covers at the bottom and details and fanart in the middle, just a suggestion
Wish more skins would add movie wall view
Never mind. Big Grin
Almost have this great skin set up the way I want, but need some help. I set up the Advanced Launcher with the "Games" button and then created some additional buttons to launch system specific games (like SNES, MAME, etc.) by adding them to favorites.

Now, when I click on "Games", it shows the entire list of launch-able items I created with Advanced Launcher instead of just my games. How do I fix this so it is only offer's game specific choices?

Similarly with "Photos," when clicked on it offers whatever folders you select that have your photos as well as photo add ons, etc. Is there a way to set it so it only goes to the specific folders you designate for photos?
I noticed today something very weird.

When I clic my button to have dialogseekbar, weather and time are place at the bottom of the screen instead of duration and time remaining. And duration and time remaining are place at the top of the screen instead of weather and time.

I don't know why it happens

Can you help?

Thanks
hey black i wanted to know what was DialogGamePad.xml
i saw that on the wiki here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...amePad.xml
does it mean you can cofigure a controller or somthing?
(2012-05-08, 20:49)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I noticed today something very weird.

When I clic my button to have dialogseekbar, weather and time are place at the bottom of the screen instead of duration and time remaining. And duration and time remaining are place at the top of the screen instead of weather and time.

Can you help?

Thanks

It's a users choice/option. By pressing arrow up the seek-bar moves top and weather down and pressing arrow down does the opposite.
Hey `Black,

I think you can improve a little the video info screen (DialogVideoInfo.xml).

- Show original movie title after runtime, example: "2012 ° 95 minutes ° Original Title: Great Movie Title here". This is very useful for international users, the titles on my library are mostly in Portuguese.
- Remove the obsolete "Edit Data" item, make this block scrollable, so you and users can add more items. I suggest: Trailer (if exists), Get artwork, Get Thumb, Get Fanart (idea based on skin MQ3, check it to see the call for artwork download addon for each item). And remove "Get Media", actually this item start download of artwork for all movies in your library, that's make no sense. With these changes I can finally change poster image without change to other skin.

To finalize, in global menu (Includes_GuideInterface.xml I think), the trailers item is pointed to the old obsolete apple lite trailers script, now the addon is called "plugin.video.the.trailers").

Let me know what do you think about theses ideas.

Thank you.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
The Metro UI is amazing, probably the prettiest home screen I've seen, is there any way to get the rest of the skin in that same style/colour scheme?

Thanks!
(2012-05-09, 03:56)username145 Wrote: The Metro UI is amazing, probably the prettiest home screen I've seen, is there any way to get the rest of the skin in that same style/colour scheme?

Thanks!

Scratch that, it was a problem on my end, should have looked at the screenshots for comparison (d'oh).

Looks wonderful now, except for the TV Show viewtypes, the "List" and "Banner List" viewtypes tend to squash the episode thumbnails if it's 4:3 content, any way to get around this?
This skin is an absolute stunner. By far the best skin so far for XBMC, my only (mild) annoyance was that there is no support for international characters, so mostly asian or other foreign users are left in the dark. So I hacked the current font and fused it with Bitstream Cyberbit (unicode) font to make it support more languages. Hope to see some more view types soon as well!! If needed you can download it here. Extract and overwrite it in the skins Font folder.

http://cl.ly/123k462E0p011S1s431w
(2012-05-08, 23:42)Japaja Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 20:49)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: I noticed today something very weird.

Can you help?

Thanks

It's a users choice/option. By pressing arrow up the seek-bar moves top and weather down and pressing arrow down does the opposite.

Ok, so I don't how my 9 month old son did it because up arrow make the movie go 10 minutes ahead and down 10 minutes back...

I solved this with a reinstallation of xperience1080.

Thanks for this tip

w2w
(2012-05-09, 16:23)banggun Wrote: http://cl.ly/123k462E0p011S1s431w

What, 37Kb to 19.7Mb?? Something is wrong here.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)14