• 77(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)
I would like to suggest somes things (again).

1. Movies an tv shows panels on homescreen both have a video add-ons tile. I think it could be nice to replace one with another shortcut (predefined or custom).

2. Same thing for music panel. There no custom tile, only music add-ons. With custom tile we could add, a prefered playlist or an add-on or a shortcut to music add-ons (as it is currently possible).

3. I noticed panel that when you click on weather, there no weather icon for the current conditions. Is it normal?

4. Skin settings give us the possibility to select a weather fanart folder. But when we click on weather, there not enough transparency to see this backgrounds. is it possible to add more transparency?

What do you think ?

thank you

w2w
wolfodeiwolfy Wrote:I would like to suggest somes things (again).

1. Movies an tv shows panels on homescreen both have a video add-ons tile. I think it could be nice to replace one with another shortcut (predefined or custom).

2. Same thing for music panel. There no custom tile, only music add-ons. With custom tile we could add, a prefered playlist or an add-on or a shortcut to music add-ons (as it is currently possible.

would like this too! maybe an option to replace either Games or Pictures to Video or Music addons under the applications view so it frees up more panels for actual addons you would use.
I apologise if this has been asked before - I looked for it, but couldn't find an answer.

The Metro UI is looking great, but the Ongoing TV shows includes a stretched out version of the TV show banner. Is there a setting I can change that would make this include the season poster instead? This would be more logical than either a banner or general poster I think.

I'm aware this could be an issue with my collection - if there's something I need to change, please advise! Thanks!
First post says what you need to do:

Quote:Download banners with Artwork Downloader and enable "prefer posters" in the thetvdb scraper settings. Enable locally stored banners in the skin settings (I will drop this setting in future skin version and enabled will be default).

If you already scanned your files, rescan everything or update your banners to posters manually.
Thanks for that. But won't that remove my banners from XBMC generally? I like having them, in particular I like a banner view of TV shows.

I'm having a lot of fun with this skin, I must say. I'm not figuring out Smart Playlists and setting up some nice home icons!

EDIT : I decided to give it a go, and I can't find the setting to enable localy stored banners. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious?!
krish_2k4 Wrote:would like this too! maybe an option to replace either Games or Pictures to Video or Music addons under the applications view so it frees up more panels for actual addons you would use.

Probably not because movies panel has video/movies stuff. Music panel has music stuff. Where pictures or games could be in that way? This tiles are in the best place, I think.

w2w

justcallmeandy Wrote:Thanks for that. But won't that remove my banners from XBMC generally? I like having them, in particular I like a banner view of TV shows.

No if your banners are named banner.jpg. Posters are named folder.jpg

Personnally, before a tv show scan, I'm using a little app (french only for tv show french language) called serenamer. It rename all video files in a selected folder. Then I download posters (seasonxx, season-specials and season-all, folder.jpg), banner, fanart, theme, clearart, logo, etc. directly from tvdb, fanart.tv, tvtunes.

In that way I have full control on each picture or audio. And it is more user friendly than xbmc, I think.

justcallmeandy Wrote:I'm having a lot of fun with this skin, I must say. I'm not figuring out Smart Playlists and setting up some nice home icons!

EDIT : I decided to give it a go, and I can't find the setting to enable localy stored banners. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious?!

See directly in tvdb settings, then in Xperience settings for the localy stored banners.

w2w
justcallmeandy Wrote:Thanks for that. But won't that remove my banners from XBMC generally? I like having them, in particular I like a banner view of TV shows.

I'm having a lot of fun with this skin, I must say. I'm not figuring out Smart Playlists and setting up some nice home icons!

Do you use the github version? I've removed it there already so no need to enable it anymore. You just need to have a poster as thumbnail, not a banner. Banners are read as banner.jpg from the tv show folder.
I have a question:

Is there a disc menu in Xperience?

I wanted to watch a DVD, but I had to got to video files/sources to find my dvd.

w2w
`Black Wrote:Do you use the github version? I've removed it there already so no need to enable it anymore. You just need to have a poster as thumbnail, not a banner. Banners are read as banner.jpg from the tv show folder.

Yeah, I'm using that, but things are still a little weird. So, I rescraped the info, and the correct folder.jpg etc are showing up in the TV Shows folder, under each show, but the problem still isn't going away. I think SOMEHOW, I've got banners etc stored somewhere that isn't the TV shows folder.

When I watch a show, a banner still shows up there, but it's not one that actually lives in the TV Show's own folder - XBMC's getting it from elsewhere. Any thoughts?
Ar0w4n4 Wrote:Image

Which view is this? Smile
justcallmeandy Wrote:Yeah, I'm using that, but things are still a little weird. So, I rescraped the info, and the correct folder.jpg etc are showing up in the TV Shows folder, under each show, but the problem still isn't going away. I think SOMEHOW, I've got banners etc stored somewhere that isn't the TV shows folder.

When I watch a show, a banner still shows up there, but it's not one that actually lives in the TV Show's own folder - XBMC's getting it from elsewhere. Any thoughts?

I would go into your xbmc folder databases and delete your myvideos.db. Then, rescan everything in. When you select the tvdb scraper, make sure you set it to prefer posters, then download the banners with the artwork downloader so you can still set to a banner viewtype with the banner images in your folder while using the posters in the mtro ui. Whats happening is XBMC has the banners linked to in the database.
Okay! I'll do that! Thank you very much for your help!
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the skin is working with the XBMC Eden RC1 Build for you,
I'm not expecting it to work with an xbmc version which is just a few days old
but I wasn't really sure that mine stopped working because of the update..

My problem is that the navigation on the homescreen is not working, mainly
because I can't change the page and therefore not access the movies, music or
tv series section.
Skin works with RC1 and will work with the final version. No problems here.
Same here, apart from my watchlist problem, but the skin works
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only)14