[QNAP] NFS Guide now in Wiki
(2013-03-02, 20:40)rangua Wrote: I'm also having the same issue... I'm running raspbmc on a RaspberryPi RC4 (or RC3? maybe it doesn't matter).
My server is an ubuntu 12.04 desktop.

This thread is for NFS setup on QNAP devices. The QNAP runs a butchered OS, so a few non standard procedures are needed to get NFS sharing to XBMC working.

I'd suggest posting this in a place where you're more likely to get assistance from someone running similar OS. I've got no experience with Ubuntu sorry.

After making your server side changes on the Ubuntu desktop, did you restart your NFS daemon to propagate the changes?

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Dear all,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I found a little something that may prove to be useful for anyone trying to set up NFS on a QNAP NAS for use with XBMC.

I was having the same problem has reported by a variety of users (being able to access the shares but not any of the subfolders within) and the trick was going into Control Panel -> Shared Folders-> "Advanced Permissions" tab -> and finally disabling the "Enable Advanced Folder Permissions" option.

Having done this, all of my problems magically went away!

So basically, at least on (firmware) QTS 4.1, all it takes is using the web interface to turn on NFS, add the proper hosts (points 2 through 4 of the Wiki) and just remember to check whether the aforementioned option is turned off as it should.

All credit should go to this man (last post by DanielPT):

http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=7839
Its a wiki - make yourself an account and edit it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just signed to thank ricarva for the helpfull information ... I was getting crazy to get my nfs work with Kodi and your solution did the trick! Thanks very much
I have a TS-451+ , how do I mount the config ramblock.

My model isnt listed in the wiki...

THX!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[QNAP] NFS Guide now in Wiki0