Looney Tunes???
How do you name that script? Is it python?
Tim....just wondering if you ever got around to developing the Windows GUI version. I have zero experience with python and would love to see a GUI version.

Thanks
I know this is a old thread but I was dealing with the same issue yesterday and since I could not get the scripts in this thread to work I came up with a alternate solution which I thought I would post here. I solved the issue using a combination of two tools, bulk file renamer and filebot.

Using bulk file renamer: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ I made sure all the file names were uniform. I removed any weird characters and just left the name of the cartoon. whats opera doc.mp4 would be a good example of what I had in the folder. I combined all the looney tunes shorts into one folder.

I then used file bot: http://www.filebot.net/ to scan and match to TVDB. This worked for over 400 shorts and matched them to the TVDB database. I scrubbed the remaining files in the archive (around 10+ files) and found that some of the shorts were misspelled.

Whole process probably took around 45 minutes. I spent longer than that trying to get the scripts to work right.

Filebot is a excellent tool that I use all the time. I wasn't sure if it would work with the Looney Tunes shorts since they are not very uniform but I was happy to see that it worked perfectly. Awesome tool.
@ rynsmns: Thanks for posting this, your solution worked great for me. Been fooling with this for months, now these old classics work perfect. Only problem I ran into was the current version of Filebot. It would NOT rename files on Win 7x64 machine, uninstalled it, installed v4.7.2 and works like a top. Thanks again for posting
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
@rynsmns,
Thanks heaps.
I was beating my head against the wall trying to get the python to run...
Filebot took 5 minutes.
(2014-02-04, 07:29)bbenz3 Wrote: So I have begun the massive task that is adding the Looney Tunes Golden Collection to my XBMC library. Since I am just starting out the renaming utility won't do me much good so I have built an excel spreadsheet that has the files listed in order as they appear on the DVDs with the appropriate names according to theTVDB.com.
(2014-02-04, 07:29)bbenz3 Wrote: PS When I fully completed the full list of episodes I will make it available if anyone is interested.

In the same boat here of just getting started (I have my full discs backed up, but haven't yet split them out into individual eps). bbenz3, I would definitely be interested in your naming guide if you still have it! Did you use a secondary script for renaming, or rename them manually based on that?
(2017-06-06, 05:15)kaadaq Wrote:
(2014-02-04, 07:29)bbenz3 Wrote: So I have begun the massive task that is adding the Looney Tunes Golden Collection to my XBMC library. Since I am just starting out the renaming utility won't do me much good so I have built an excel spreadsheet that has the files listed in order as they appear on the DVDs with the appropriate names according to theTVDB.com.
(2014-02-04, 07:29)bbenz3 Wrote: PS When I fully completed the full list of episodes I will make it available if anyone is interested.

In the same boat here of just getting started (I have my full discs backed up, but haven't yet split them out into individual eps). bbenz3, I would definitely be interested in your naming guide if you still have it! Did you use a secondary script for renaming, or rename them manually based on that?

I'm having an issue with the form where I am unable to send a PM at the moment. I did get your message but I may have deleted the files I created to assist me with the naming conventions. I essentially created a text file from the excel spreadsheet and then simply copied and pasted the correct filename into the MakeMKV window. Not exactly the best but since I was still at the start of ripping everything it worked quite well for me.

The reason for the excel spreadsheet was that I would create columns such as:
Show Title S Season E Episode # Episode Name
Looney Toons S 1940 E 5 Bugs Bunny….

This allowed me to copy and paste into Notepad for easily manipulation which then allowed me to copy into MakeMKV as I ripped the files.

If I happen to find the files I will let see what I can do to post them.
Thanks for the note!

After I sent my PM, I found a Wiki (wikivisually) that had tables with all of the eps in track order. Don't know why I never found that before (and I've looked!). I was able to paste those into Excel, and then copy the TVDB list into another table and do a VLOOKUP to find scraped names. I also used Excel to format command line "rename" commands that I'm going to try to stuff into a batch file and run. I'm optimistic. Smile

So, I think I'm actually all set. Thanks for this old thread though...these have been sitting in WIP for a loooong time because I thought it was too painful to get started, and your post got me on the path to making it happens. My kids thank you!
Glad you were able to make it work.
(2014-02-04, 07:29)bbenz3 Wrote: So I have begun the massive task that is adding the Looney Tunes Golden Collection to my XBMC library. Since I am just starting out the renaming utility won't do me much good so I have built an excel spreadsheet that has the files listed in order as they appear on the DVDs with the appropriate names according to theTVDB.com. Well long story short I have been able to get them into XBMC and have the scraper successfully capture the metadata. My issue now is that for whatever reason they shows do not appear in any smart playlists that I setup. The playlist is setup using path contains "Looney Tunes" and it should work perfectly, but nothing appears. Huh

I have many movies and other TV shows to include the new "Looney Tunes 2011" working perfectly with playlists.

PS When I fully completed the full list of episodes I will make it available if anyone is interested.
 @bbenz3 I have the golden collection as well, and would be interested in the set up. I tried a couple of options and could not get it to work, I am working with the titles from themoviedb.org and not tvdb.com
Hey @clones 

I still have my Excel file if it might be useful to you.   I posted about my approach earlier in the thread.    It's only populated for Volumes 1 & 2, and it's based on the TVDB filenames, but since it's formula-based, you could probably adapt it pretty easily for other volumes and to use a different scraper.   I got all my disc info off of wikivisually.

Anyway, YMMV, but I'm happy to share it if it will help you!  Drop me a PM if you're interested.
Why not complete the entry at TheMovieDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/82123-loon...anguage=en
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-12-22, 19:46)Karellen Wrote: Why not complete the entry at TheMovieDB... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/82123-loon...anguage=en
 Not sure what you mean, your link comes up  "Oops!—We can't find the page you're looking for.
You tried to request a page that doesn't seem to exist. If you believe this to be in error, let us know on the forums."
Oh, they took it down. I wonder why. It was the Looney Tunes Golden Collection entry that was partly completed. It was in the TV Show section.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looney Tunes???2