New script "flexibrowser"
Lightbulb 
(der hesse @ aug. 03 2005,23:29 Wrote:hi,

no video from alpha centauri is working Sad
also not all ebaum videos are running, when i pressing a its just making the click sound and nothing happens Sad

i have the newest flexibrowser
same here, except with the ch9 plugin. seems that one a video is watched or started, it is difficult to rewatch it. i choose any of the videos that i've watched before, and all i get is the "click" sound. it doesn't attempt to play or re-download.

is there a cache somewhere that i can clear out?

i also get the total "hang" that joaomgcd mentioned. it will totally freeze the system to where even a 4 finger salute won't work. i have to manually restart (push the on/off button).

great app otherwise. great potential. keep up the good work.
the alphacentauri issue seems to be some kind of xbmc playback problem.
when you select a movie you'll see the xbmc  messages scrolling through the progress dialog.
you can check the xbmc.log and see the error messages.

i don't think there is much i can do about it.
:verysad:

this issue should be posted in the "bug discussion" forum.
bernd,

sorry if i'm posting in the wrong section, but this section says its for scripts support. the "bug" secion seems to be for xbmc bugs and not scripts... am i wrong. if so, can you provide a link to where i am supposed to post?

the "bug" i am referring to does not even trigger the progress dialog to display. seems the only way i am able to download or stream is after i reboot (if this is not the first time i've attempted to download/stream a particular video). so, i go into the ch 9 group and select video x to play. it either downloads or stream. after that, i can choose another video, but if i select x again, all i'll get is a "click". no dialog. i can then navigate up and down the list, but going back out will the the plug-in selection screen (where you choose channel 9 or one of the other plug-ins) is not possible. freezes the entire system. if you want, i can write down exact steps to reproduce this.

since you are just a script running under xbmc, it very well could be an issue with that, but i wouldn't know since it is your script i am running. i saw you mention that you have a "gui" that is something somewhat of a different thread than the download plug-ins. in my armchair programmers assesment, it is almost as if the plug-in(s) get into a state where they no longer respond. hence, your gui allows you to select streams, but if the plug-in is busy or hung in the background, all it does is "click" and return... and, if a plugin is hung, going back a level to list the available plugins hangs your gui.

like i said, if i'm posting in the wrong place, i'm not sure where the "right" place would be for support on your excellent script. (i consider it and the flickr plugin to be showcases of the xbmc scriptin ability...really!Wink i wish i knew a little more about the scripting so that i could dig in and figure this out to help more. i would love to have persistence of the (x) download feature so that i don't have to remember to trigger it each time (perhaps that does work if i were ever successful at cleanly exiting the script?)

one other question (not a bug). when you choose to download, where are the videos downloaded to? can you directly access them with xmbc w/o going into fb? how long do they "stick around", and can they be deleted once watched?

(feel free to move this to a "correct" forum thread)
-alpha centauri is a xbmc issue
can't help on that.

-the channel9 plug-in should work.
i tested it yesterday and it worked.

-ebaumsworld needs a small change due to page layout changes.
i already fixed that. for those of you wha cant't wait should change the reg-expr in plug_ebaum.py in ebaumvideoelement.geturl():
Quote:m = re.search('<a href="(http://media.ebaumsworld.com/.*?)">', data, re.ignorecase or re.dotall)
if (m != none):
 return m.group(1)

-some teamxbox trailers may not work.
they have added an age verification for m rated games.
i already fixed that.

all fixable changes will be released with the upcoming flexibrowser1.4 release.

bernd
(javadog @ aug. 07 2005,02:24 Wrote:one other question (not a bug). when you choose to download, where are the videos downloaded to? can you directly access them with xmbc w/o going into fb? how long do they "stick around", and can they be deleted once watched?
the downloaded videos are put in the cachedhttp cache. this usually resides on the x: drive in the folder ~httpcache.
x: is a temporaray drive. any xbox software started may delete all contents on x.
you cannot access this drive with xbmc directly. if you use avalaunch for example you should see this folder.

the flexibrowsergui script tries to delete all cached data if you exit via the back button. to be able to get to the downloaded movies you must perform a reset instead of pressing the back button. or you can comment out the following line in flexibrowsergui.py
Quote:self.http.cleancache()
by putting an # at the beginning of the line.

but you should be aware that watching/downloading many movies may then fill up your x: drive.

bernd
something strange seems to be happening when i attempt to watch videos from teamxbox. i can get into where they display each movie for each game but when i try to select one, it doesn't do anything. then when i try to back out of that category then the entire box freezes. i have the latest version of the script from xbmc scripts. can anyone help me out with this?
(zhugeliang @ aug. 10 2005,05:09 Wrote:something strange seems to be happening when i attempt to watch videos from teamxbox. i can get into where they display each movie for each game but when i try to select one, it doesn't do anything. then when i try to back out of that category then the entire box freezes. i have the latest version of the script from xbmc scripts. can anyone help me out with this?
teamxbox slightly changed their site and thats why it doesn't work atm. see my post above Rolleyes

i'm currently testing the my fixes before releasing it.
btw. in the next version you will be ablöe to watch teamxbox's screenshots Cool

bernd
great job on spiked
:d
it crashed on one,
but i expect that is the usual mplayer crashing.
i hope they add some errorhandling in mplayer soon.
it's much more enjoyable to get an error message insted of the xbox freeze.
bernd,
a thought... what about making the modules directly accessible without needing to go through the flexibrowser menu to get to them.

i'm not a huge fan of menu systems and like direct access, this is why i put all my most used items on my main xbmc screen, almost never use the submenu.

since i would only use a few of the modules in flexibrowser, and many others may as well, how about making it so we can launch them from a bookmark?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(thor918 @ aug. 15 2005,01:03 Wrote:great job on spiked
:d
it crashed on one,
but i expect that is the usual mplayer crashing.
i hope they add some errorhandling in mplayer soon.
it's much more enjoyable to get an error message insted of the xbox freeze.
you can distinguish between flexibrowser and xbmc/mplayer crashed by the progress dialog.
if it hangs and the progress dialog has flexibrowser in the title bar it was my fault :lookaround:
if it has something different like open file, etc it is mplayer. Sad
unfortenatly there is nothing i can do about mplayer bugs.

bernd
(affini @ aug. 15 2005,21:27 Wrote:bernd,
a thought... what about making the modules directly accessible without needing to go through the flexibrowser menu to get to them.

i'm not a huge fan of menu systems and like direct access, this is why i put all my most used items on my main xbmc screen, almost never use the submenu.

since i would only use a few of the modules in flexibrowser, and many others may as well, how about making it so we can launch them from a bookmark?
what do you mean by directly accessible?
do you want to flatten the hierachy completely?
this isn't such a good idea since many of the entries are generated dynamically. that means a webpage is retrieved, parsed and elements are generated.
if you flatten the hierachy it would mean that the script has fetch a lot of pages before it can display something. and this would take a long time before it could display anything.

bookmarks would be technically possible. but maybe i could just add a function to add a specific playable item to a pls playlist.

bernd
yep. it was like this.
selected one movie, no movie got played and tried another movie, then it froze.
so it was a mplayer crash.
(bernd @ aug. 15 2005,16:37 Wrote:
(affini @ aug. 15 2005,21:27 Wrote:bernd,

what do you mean by directly accessible?
do you want to flatten the hierachy completely?
this isn't such a good idea since many of the entries are generated dynamically. that means a webpage is retrieved, parsed and elements are generated.
if you flatten the hierachy it would mean that the script has fetch a lot of pages before it can display something. and this would take a long time before it could display anything.

bookmarks would be technically possible. but maybe i could just add a function to add a specific playable item to a pls playlist.

bernd
sorry, i reread my post and i'm not sure it was clear...

i mean being able to launch something directly like this...

<execute>q:\scripts\flexibrowser\flexibrowsergui.py comics</execute>

... basically calling the "function" within flexi directly
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
well that isn't possible to pass execute parameters as the api is now. so i will suggest shortcutscripts to be used from skin calls

<execute>q:\scripts\flexibrowser\shortcuts\comics.py</execute>

i posted a suggestion about python execute parameters to the sourceforge a long time ago, but non of the developers have taken up the idea.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841
(i took the passed parameters a little further in that request.)
great script!

i'd like to see script for www.wwitv.com there is over 1000 tv-channels so xbox would become digibox.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New script "flexibrowser"0