Little lost at initial setup
Here is what I've done.

- Jailbroke ATV 2 untethered
- Installed XBMC via SSH
- Installed XBMC OSX client on OSX Lion
- Under Services I have everything but allow via HTTP checked
- Added my external hard drive as a source on my Macbook, and I can see all the movies on that drive if I go to Videos (it's listed first, then when I click on it I can see all the subfolders and play all the movies in those subfolders)

However, when I turn on Apple TV, the XBMC menu option is there, but I have no idea how to get the movies from my laptop/external hard drive to the TV/Apple TV. I can click on Videos > Add Source > UPnP and find my computer, but then it just shows a list of options (Actor, Year, Genre, Title, etc). And when I click on any of those, the folder seems to be empty.

I feel like I'm missing a key, but easy step.

I tried looking through the Wiki but either I'm looking in the wrong spot or I'm just not smart enough and need someone to tell me EXACTLY what I need to do/type instead of just saying "please consult the Wiki".

TIA.
For Apple TV 2 (black) you want the iOS sub-forum. I've already moved this thread there.

The problem here is that OS X's normal way to share stuff to XBMC is SMB, and right now SMB between Lion and XBMC is broken. While it is technically possible to share using the copy of XBMC on your computer, this is far from a great solution and requires XBMC being on all the time on the mac.

See this thread for a list of better solutions. Personally I like using the webDAV one. See here for what to do on the mac side and here for what to do on the ATV2 side.

And no worries man. Right now the wiki is a bit of a mess (one of my personal tasks is to clean it up) and the Lion issue is semi-recent anyways. We're still figuring out the best way to share things due to the SMB mess in Lion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Little lost at initial setup0