[WIP] Advanced Launcher view for Aeon
Looks good, keep up your great concept!
Wish you luck Smile
greatly looking forward to this! Please PM me if you need any testers!
Hello Middle,

This looks all very exciting and I know a lot of game fans are waiting for this.

However, I have a question/suggestion ... Instead of building a completely new skin, why not make your advanced launcher part available to the EAON skin community. What I mean is, there are currently some great EAON skins available (NOX, MQ3 ...) and they all lack the quality in the advanced launcher department. You are solving this! If your work could be integrated into the existing skins (using a matching color palette), than that would just be the coolest thing IMO.

It's just a suggestion however. Your screenshots look amazing, it would just not be cool to switch to different skins just for games or movies or tv shows or ...

Thanks for all your efforts so far.

Grave
jimmydean1 Wrote:greatly looking forward to this! Please PM me if you need any testers!

Sure i will publish for user when i have a beta.

st graveyard Wrote:Hello Middle,

This looks all very exciting and I know a lot of game fans are waiting for this.

However, I have a question/suggestion ... Instead of building a completely new skin, why not make your advanced launcher part available to the EAON skin community. What I mean is, there are currently some great EAON skins available (NOX, MQ3 ...) and they all lack the quality in the advanced launcher department. You are solving this! If your work could be integrated into the existing skins (using a matching color palette), than that would just be the coolest thing IMO.

It's just a suggestion however. Your screenshots look amazing, it would just not be cool to switch to different skins just for games or movies or tv shows or ...

Thanks for all your efforts so far.

Grave

Actualy im not building a new skin, (not now hehehe) i did some smalls changes in aeon nox but only for personal use, im not planning to upgrade aeon nox/mq, my original plan is build a new aeon skin to fill my needs, something like the views in aeon with xperience animations, with cool gray look and big fonts (eventualy when my skin grows at the point that is full of functions i will publish).

Back on the Advanced launcher view, the goal with this view is use in any skin you want, i cant promise about the color palette but i will ship with all textures/fonts/files, it will not depend on the original skin textures, so you can easy fix to match color and since is pretty much a standalone view you can add in any skin.

the reason is take too long is becouse im little busy with lots work, and im in learnning process, sometimes i do same thing alot times, like the showcase view i think i write it like 4 times, in 4 diff ways, lol.

off topic:
I dont know why most of skinners dont support game addons better, i think the reason is they dont use it to play games, since i start using xbmc, i fell the lack of suport to files/addons/programs/video mode, if you go to movies/tvshow u have tons views, if you need games/home videos/other stuffs you stick with filemode in most of skins, cant say the aeon is the best skin but is one skin that almost fill my needs for views, there is alot cool skins around, like xperience, but i dont use it becouse lack of views, i will try focus my skin in the views for this kind stuff.

sorry for typos.

btw this is working already, only square view, and there is alot things to change to active the mokup design,
im not worry with textures right now,
i need build the engine/animations first.

Option to turn on/off stuff, i will change it to better design later.

I see there is trailer support (cool!). Will you also add fanart/extra fanart support?
Looks great, keep those screenshots comming.

Thanks a lot for the reply and all the info. I really want this view in AEON NOX. Let's hope BIG_NOID is interested when this is completed.

Cheers,
Grave
st graveyard Wrote:I see there is trailer support (cool!). Will you also add fanart/extra fanart support?
Looks great, keep those screenshots comming.

Thanks a lot for the reply and all the info. I really want this view in AEON NOX. Let's hope BIG_NOID is interested when this is completed.

Cheers,
Grave

I add trailer support, and extra fanart (slideshow in small video panel), im thinking in one way to have a fixed fanart for games like arcade that doesnt have good fanart, so u can use a cool arcade fanart fixed and use thumbs to show game screenshots.

in orther to all this works, you will need follow some folder rules, i will explain better when i release but will be pretty much like this

Code:
Games (root folder the one you will point in the view settings)
   | -Wii (this name needs to be the same plataform name that you set in advanced launcher, doing this i can reach deep folder levels)
      |-Fanart
            |-sonic colors.jpg
            |-mario kart.jpg
      |-Fanart Extra
            |- (not sure how i will work with this right now)
      |-Trailer
            |-sonic colors.mp4
            |-mario kart.mp4
   | -Super Nintendo Entertainment System
      |-Fanart
            |-game1.jpg
            |-game2.jpg
      |-Fanart Extra
            |- (not sure how i will work with this right now)
      |-Trailer
            |-game1.mp4
            |-game2.mp4

to early to say that will be exactaly like this but this is close.

i will keep you guys updated, i think i learn enought to finish it.
when i have one screenshot with some major updated i will post in here.

Cheers
Looks great so far, I'm interested in trying the final product. I'm using Hyperspin at the moment, which is pretty sweet. They have a database of videos and artwork there, maybe you could incorporate some of that to save yourself some time. Or maybe it might help if you're short of a little inspiration, although judging by your work I doubt that very much!!
Deano316 Wrote:Looks great so far, I'm interested in trying the final product. I'm using Hyperspin at the moment, which is pretty sweet. They have a database of videos and artwork there, maybe you could incorporate some of that to save yourself some time. Or maybe it might help if you're short of a little inspiration, although judging by your work I doubt that very much!!

Thx glad you like it, i will take a look in the Hyperspin see if have something that i can use.
btw this will use advanced launcher plugin, this is just a view, it will keep using the plugin scraper, so it will have the plugin limitations, i'll point folder and point some files in the view but u will have to add images yourself if it not comes in the initial pack.
Some Progress, i had to change the original design font, i was using segou but i cant ship with it since it have copyrights, so i manage to find some good open source font, let me know what you guys think.

Console Panel

Game Panel

thoughts ?
Looks Great. Any chance to change the glow bar color and floor highlight color like in Nox?

I especially like the cover flow and game image window. Great work!
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Looks Great. Any chance to change the glow bar color and floor highlight color like in Nox?

I especially like the cover flow and game image window. Great work!

I think i can add this function, i will take a look,
right now im tweeking the animations once it is done i will make the wide/tall view, and record some video with sneak peek
Hi Middle, I see you've been busy! And thanks for solving a long time problem! Smile It's good to see skin/view support for Adv.Launcher!

Do you have a plan to solve the different box issue ? For example, Playstation 2 boxes are like DVD, but Playstation 1 is like a CD, and Super Nintendo is a rectangle box sideways.

Just an issue to consider - in my Advancer Launcher, some skins squash the SNES boxes to square so you can't really see what game it is, and others stretch DVD boxes (PS2/PC/Wii) to square in the same view. Other skins I've tried apply the same view to every gaming platform.

So I would suggest you have different views available to different platforms, and keep the "top level" platform menu with your cool icons Big Grin

+1 to Middle
@DigitalVortex
Then you may have installed the wrong skins, there are a lot of skins today showing square, tall and poster for ala Smile
Digital Vortex Wrote:Hi Middle, I see you've been busy! And thanks for solving a long time problem! Smile It's good to see skin/view support for Adv.Launcher!

Do you have a plan to solve the different box issue ? For example, Playstation 2 boxes are like DVD, but Playstation 1 is like a CD, and Super Nintendo is a rectangle box sideways.

Just an issue to consider - in my Advancer Launcher, some skins squash the SNES boxes to square so you can't really see what game it is, and others stretch DVD boxes (PS2/PC/Wii) to square in the same view. Other skins I've tried apply the same view to every gaming platform.

So I would suggest you have different views available to different platforms, and keep the "top level" platform menu with your cool icons Big Grin

+1 to Middle

Hey Digital Vortex, im sorry i totaly forgot your request (dreamcast thumb), ill make it for you.
About your question, yes it is in my plans to do it, it will have 3 views, square/tall/wide i think it cover everything.
My time is too short to finish this, but im happy with my progress and the things i learn.

Thx for your input
butchabay Wrote:@DigitalVortex
Then you may have installed the wrong skins, there are a lot of skins today showing square, tall and poster for ala Smile

Hey guess what, I'm using Cirrus Extended Mod as my skin! Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Advanced Launcher view for Aeon0