My eskro based build...
bluray Wrote:the only way to bitstream hd audio is through hdmi cable, and there is no other way. here are guides to playback hd audio- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd. radeon hd 6570 is one of my favorite graphic card, especially this version- Radeon HD 6570 2GB DDR3 .

im changing for the 6570 but the 1GB version as the 2GB doesnt do fanless !!Shocked
loady Wrote:Thats well explained..thanks. So what of my Dual DVD-S2 HD card....i assume the audio will travel via the HDMI on GPU card thus giving me the better sound ??
it's not necessary better sound.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
loady Wrote:im changing for the 6570 but the 1GB version as the 2GB doesnt do fanless !!Shocked
i'm not a big fan of fanless graphic card. if you want more detail on it, i can explain why!
when your GPU fan dies,
good luck finding a replacement for it
eskro Wrote:when your GPU fan dies,
True that....

Had two gpu fans die on me, one I called the manufacturer and they sent me a freebie(and they had gotten out of the video card business) and the second I was left to my own devices. I tend to save doo dads and found an old cpu fan from an ancient Celeron (the ones that were like the Pentium 3's without the plastic case,) and managed to make it work.
eskro Wrote:when your GPU fan dies,
i owns probably 30 pc's both at home and works for the pass 20 years, and i never have any gpu fan die on me yet. the chance of a fan die on me is less than the chance of replacing outdated pc!
The sat card does not have any audio out or hdmi out..i guess it pushes it all out vie the gpu ??
loady Wrote:The sat card does not have any audio out or hdmi out
what is sat card?
Its the pci-e card that takes the satellite feed. i will use it to do card sharing
You can indeed pass the sound from the satellite card out through HDMI, but it won't necessarily sound any better than optical, because they don't use HD Audio codecs on satellite broadcasts (or any current broadcasts, for that matter), so there won't be anything more for it to carry than you currently do with optical. Can't hurt, though, so if it's more convenient to eliminate a cable then do it. It'll just sound the same. Smile
loady Wrote:Its the pci-e card that takes the satellite feed. i will use it to do card sharing
if it is installed on the same mobo, you should be able to transfer both audio/video through a single hdmi cable from the graphic card to avr or hdtv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My eskro based build...0