[AppleTV2] Cannot get UPnP to work from my computer
Hi all,

I've tried recently to acces the movies on my mac through UPnP on my appleTV2. I've used XBMC on my computer, and checked "Share video and music libraries through UPnP" in the settings on my mac.

At first, it seemed to work, I was able to add the new source under UPnP Devices on my ATV (PS3 Media Server was also running on my mac and appeared as well), I even watched a rather large HD file to test it, and it worked fine. I then did a couple of other things, and subsequently XBMC could no longer connect to the server. I tried going again in the add source menu, but the UPnP server doesn't appear anymore.

My firewall is not turned on.
I run Snow Leopard.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this ?
dekox Wrote:I then did a couple of other things

Ok based on this useful info my magic 8 ball says one of those other things was unplugging your server from the network.
Plug it back in
Problem solved
chuckles Wrote:Ok based on this useful info my magic 8 ball says one of those other things was unplugging your server from the network.
Plug it back in
Problem solved

By other things, I mean I just did other unrelated things, i.e. time just passed and the server didn't appear anymore.

Later on it worked again, I watched the first 30 minutes of Machete before it stopped working again, even though it XBMC appears as detected media renderer in PS3 media Server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Cannot get UPnP to work from my computer0