XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]
anil.smp Wrote:Hi Folks.. Finally the first build of the beta release has been sent to all who applied. I would greatly appreciate any feedback received.
-Cheers.

Sorry about the last build not working for most of you because of a wrong profile i selected. It should work in the latest build. Awaiting your inputs
It works however it seems a little bit unstable, sometimes the application just shutdown.
I have only been able to test the remote functions as i guess it's not compatible with latest pre-eden databases (MyMusic18.db & MyVideos57.db)?

I really like the possibilites to move around and pick your own design for remote control.
spitz66 Wrote:It works however it seems a little bit unstable, sometimes the application just shutdown.
I have only been able to test the remote functions as i guess it's not compatible with latest pre-eden databases (MyMusic18.db & MyVideos57.db)?

I really like the possibilites to move around and pick your own design for remote control.

Thanks for the feedback. It is still not complete. Am still working on the error handling scenarios. Also, a thorough check needs to be done for memory management across the code. That will be the focus before launch. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the crash logs. That way, it makes it easier for me to fix issues.

You are right - it works with Dharma and nightly pre-eden build of 10th september. I am going to eventually put an event server to support remote functionality across all builds.

The good news is that am getting an iPad by the end of this month. So, I should soon start working on an iPad version too. I have got some very neat ideas on an iPad because of the larger screen space. Some cool custom navigation bars which disappear when not required, coverflow, reflections and stuff. I can't wait to get my iPad to start the development.
anil.smp Wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It is still not complete. Am still working on the error handling scenarios. Also, a thorough check needs to be done for memory management across the code. That will be the focus before launch. I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the crash logs. That way, it makes it easier for me to fix issues.

You are right - it works with Dharma and nightly pre-eden build of 10th september. I am going to eventually put an event server to support remote functionality across all builds.

The good news is that am getting an iPad by the end of this month. So, I should soon start working on an iPad version too. I have got some very neat ideas on an iPad because of the larger screen space. Some cool custom navigation bars which disappear when not required, coverflow, reflections and stuff. I can't wait to get my iPad to start the development.

I'm sure the iPad app will blow our socks off...! Big Grin

You can find crashlogs here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ssuu59e5sjhyyeu
I'm one of the lucky people to get a preview of this app.

Only thing that seems to be working is the remote, none of the libraries work, no TV shows, movies or music show.

Any ideas?
unabatedshagie Wrote:I'm one of the lucky people to get a preview of this app.

Only thing that seems to be working is the remote, none of the libraries work, no TV shows, movies or music show.

Any ideas?

Could you tell me what version of XBMC you are running? The app currently supports Dharma and 10th september pre-eden build.
I'm running Eden (not sure exact date of the build, it's maybe a week old build)
unabatedshagie Wrote:I'm running Eden (not sure exact date of the build, it's maybe a week old build)

Its highly unlikely it will work then. I am sorry but at the moment you got to switch to an older build to use the app. Am going to support eden when JSON APIs stabilizes to some extent. It is very hard to keep changing it every week and keep testing it. So am now sticking with september 10th build and it is working pretty well with that build.
Any updates on this now Eden at Beta 3?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]0