XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]
Some New screenshots at the below link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anil_smp/61...7502571509

1) Changed the wallpaper to a darker wood/metal theme. I think it works well with the movie art being the focus and the theme is detailed and dark and doesn't interfere with the important thing to see - Movie or music art work.
2) Music detail view - Each song can be individually enqueued or played.
3) Entire album can be enqueued or played.
4) Large buttons meant for finger touch in each row. Check screenshots

Things to do before first release
1) List view for movies and music
2) Better connectivity handler with Wake on LAN

So, the app is closer to getting completed. I guess another couple of days time it should be ready for beta.
Looking very solid so far!
Glave Wrote:I don't know if I'd call it an essential button, but a but an 'Update Library' or 'Scan for New Content' would be a fairly nice addition.

I will add that in. Just a small method and a plist configuration. Smile
As you can see in the screenshots, I am currently supporting sorting movies by Genre, rating, Year, title. If movie sets are included along with the movies in the listing, it(filtering) won't be so intuitive. Is it ok to make them mutually exclusive? User is given a choice to see either movies or movie sets again through the 'Filter' pop up menu. If the selection is movie sets, the user cannot sort by anything other than title, the other options will be grayed out or disabled. Let me know your thoughts on this. This will be the top priority in the very next version after first release. I am thinking of implementing a small Coverflow for selecting titles within movie sets in the bookshelf view.
A screenshot of the List view of Movies. Implementing the list view was a little harder than I had thought because of lot of bad coding with respect to bookshelf view. I have fixed the design now to accommodate more views in the future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/anil_smp/61...hotostream
I had thought this morning of another potentially nice feature. In addition to the normal Mvoies and TV Show lists, what about a separate page to show just the 'Newest' ones, for quick access through the remote app instead of browsing on XBMC to find it?
Glave Wrote:I had thought this morning of another potentially nice feature. In addition to the normal Mvoies and TV Show lists, what about a separate page to show just the 'Newest' ones, for quick access through the remote app instead of browsing on XBMC to find it?

Yeah. Good suggestion. I will keep it in mind for the next version. But dealing with multiple kinds of media in the same view is a little difficult to implement mainly due to UI design and JSON APIs. Let me investigate this once the first version is released. If you have some creative ideas on how it can be done [UI detail], do let me know Smile
Finally, a video of the app in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3nEgfDkWQk

Please note that this is not the final version. Some things yet to be worked out are
1) Button organization into subsections in remote.
2) Adding more buttons into remote. Change some more buttons to use icons
3)Connection handling and Wake on LAN positioning

I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
I have added movie set support. It is supported in the same way the Genre filtering is[through popup]. I am still thinking of better ways to do this. I feel showing movies and movie sets in the same view as just cover arts is not so intuitive.
anil.smp, the video is fantastic! The app looks like it is really coming along great! I don't have anything too constructive to add as far as features are concerned at the moment except to possibly have some type of snap to grid functionality when placing the custom buttons for the remote? I know i always had trouble lining everything up nicely on the old xbmc remote with similar functionality. If that isn't possible/causes problems i'm unaware of then maybe some type of grid overlay that is toggleable during button placement would work just as well?
Just watched the video, looking good. Can't wait until it's released. I assume it's going to cost? Do you have a price in mind?
touser Wrote:anil.smp, the video is fantastic! The app looks like it is really coming along great! I don't have anything too constructive to add as far as features are concerned at the moment except to possibly have some type of snap to grid functionality when placing the custom buttons for the remote? I know i always had trouble lining everything up nicely on the old xbmc remote with similar functionality. If that isn't possible/causes problems i'm unaware of then maybe some type of grid overlay that is toggleable during button placement would work just as well?

Thanks for the great feedback. I have thought about the snap to grid functionality too since I faced the exact same issue of lining up buttons to give some nice looking default remote pages. Am working on it, but I guess it will be available only in the next version. What do you think should the minimum spacing[resolution] for the grid be? I feel 5 points should be good? The iPhone screen is [320*480 points] by the way
unabatedshagie Wrote:Just watched the video, looking good. Can't wait until it's released. I assume it's going to cost? Do you have a price in mind?

Thanks unabatedshagie. Thats one of the things am yet to decide. Let me put the question back to you guys. You have seen the video and now have a fairly good idea of what the app does. Also, all future updates are going to be free. So what price point do you think is fair Smile
anil.smp Wrote:Thanks unabatedshagie. Thats one of the things am yet to decide. Let me put the question back to you guys. You have seen the video and now have a fairly good idea of what the app does. Also, all future updates are going to be free. So what price point do you think is fair Smile

Personally the most I ever pay for an app is £1.99 (not sure what price that would equate to in dollars though), it would have to be pretty damn good to convince me to try it.

If it's the cheapest it can be I generally don't think twice in buying it, it I don't like it I've only wasted 69p. If it's more than that I tend to think twice and look for reviews etc.

It's a tough one as while your app will be popular with iOS users in the grand scheme of things the number of people with iOS that use XBMC will be a lower number so you're not likely to make a lot of money if it's priced at the lowest price (if that even made sense)
unabatedshagie Wrote:Personally the most I ever pay for an app is £1.99 (not sure what price that would equate to in dollars though), it would have to be pretty damn good to convince me to try it.

If it's the cheapest it can be I generally don't think twice in buying it, it I don't like it I've only wasted 69p. If it's more than that I tend to think twice and look for reviews etc.

It's a tough one as while your app will be popular with iOS users in the grand scheme of things the number of people with iOS that use XBMC will be a lower number so you're not likely to make a lot of money if it's priced at the lowest price (if that even made sense)

I guess you would be a happy man then. It will be priced at just 1.49$ [US dollar]. There will be some more delay as i am setting up a company under which I plan to launch this app. Will include more features though to make up for the delay. So let the feature requests keep coming. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]0