XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]
When editing a remote and adding buttons, the ability to zoom in for finer control on placement could be useful.

Smile
Glave Wrote:When editing a remote and adding buttons, the ability to zoom in for finer control on placement could be useful.

Smile

Am working on a grid overlay with lock on to a resolution of 5 points or 10 points(whichever is better). It should be out on the first version itself. Hang on for the video in a couple of days.
As promised, grid overlay added with snap to grid functionality. As of now, the grid resolution is 10 points and its seems small enough to me. Check out the video[better in fullscreen and HD] below and tell me what you think. Also, I have made the buttons look better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB67KrfTPHk
Looks great anil! Any estimates as to when we can test it? any beta's?

by the way for your company one of the good providers i've worked with in the past is companiesmadesimple(co-uk) and for accounting google "Nixon Williams"

Thanks for the great work!
Getting closer to a beta or release?
Glave Wrote:Getting closer to a beta or release?

I would do a beta release to a few guys on this forum and then a release. All people interested in beta testing send me your deviceIDs and Email IDs. I will post the ipas to you in a couple of days. The app is almost ready for beta. Am working on a couple of things like the server configuration and refresh etc.
I think few members are having trouble finding the deviceID of the iPhone to send across. This is a 40 digit alpha-numeric code that represents your iPhone. Please follow the below steps to get your device ID.

1) Open iTunes and connect iPhone
2) Click “serial number” label under summary section for your iPhone device. It will change to Identifier
3) Copy this and send it across along with your email ID

I am really looking forward to a diverse group of people to beta test this. The more the better. People with large collections of movies, music and TV shows. People having movie sets etc. I would provide an excel sheet for your feedback too.

Another thing is the version match. I would follow the below approach
1)Each version will support the current stable build of XBMC with all supported features clearly marked - Lot of attention will be given to make sure max number of features work.
2)Each version will support a specified nightly build.
3) An upgrade in the version will most likely change the specified nightly build and very likely break the support to the previous nightly build. But this comes at an advantage of additional features. So a call can be taken whether to upgrade or not.
Can't wait to give it a shot, sent off a pm a little earlier. I'm running a nightly on windows currently but if you're only supporting stable i have no problems rolling back to that.
anil.smp,

I wanted to add one more feature suggestion i can't believe i forgot to mention earlier. If you haven't thought of it already a way to quickly "scrub" video playback would be fantastic, exactly as it works in eden/any other desktop video player. I've seen this implemented in other xbmc apps over the years and its extremely useful, so much better than trying to skip forwards 30 seconds or 10 minutes at a time.
touser Wrote:anil.smp,

I wanted to add one more feature suggestion i can't believe i forgot to mention earlier. If you haven't thought of it already a way to quickly "scrub" video playback would be fantastic, exactly as it works in eden/any other desktop video player. I've seen this implemented in other xbmc apps over the years and its extremely useful, so much better than trying to skip forwards 30 seconds or 10 minutes at a time.

I still haven't implemented the Now playing screen. Am taking this up on priority in the next version. Anyway, I am not too sure on what scrubbing means. Do you mean, there is a slider which shows the progress of the playback and you drag the slider to the point where you want it and then the playback should resume from that point? Could you please elaborate?

One more thing, about the beta testing - sorry to keep you folks waiting. I did a pretty stupid thing. I should have first created ipas and then asked App store folks to migrate my account to a company account. So now, I am stuck with not being able to add users[deviceIDs you guys provided] to my developer profile which I can use to build ipas. Sorry, but that means a little more delay to beta testing.
Great work so far! Looks good.
Would it be possible to implement functions to interact with for example Eventghost?
Like mapping a key to send commands to Eventghost webserver.
In that case it would be possible to power on your receiver or turn on lights etc from inside your app. Smile
spitz66 Wrote:Great work so far! Looks good.
Would it be possible to implement functions to interact with for example Eventghost?
Like mapping a key to send commands to Eventghost webserver.
In that case it would be possible to power on your receiver or turn on lights etc from inside your app. Smile

Does this mean - just a plain old HTTP request with a command parameter? something like 'http://servername:portno?command=XXX' , where server name, port no, command, XXX is configurable? This should be very very easy to implement in the current architecture of the customizable remote in the Cntrlr app.
anil.smp Wrote:Does this mean - just a plain old HTTP request with a command parameter? something like 'http://servername:portno?command=XXX' , where server name, port no, command, XXX is configurable? This should be very very easy to implement in the current architecture of the customizable remote in the Cntrlr app.

Exactly, syntax like:
http://server:port?xxx would do the job.

It would be really great to see this happen, one app to rule them all! Nod
anil.smp Wrote:Do you mean, there is a slider which shows the progress of the playback and you drag the slider to the point where you want it and then the playback should resume from that point?

That is exactly what i meant, sorry i didn't do a better job of explaining it.
spitz66 Wrote:Exactly, syntax like:
http://server:port?xxx would do the job.

It would be really great to see this happen, one app to rule them all! Nod

Consider it done in version 2 for sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]0