XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]
touser Wrote:That is exactly what i meant, sorry i didn't do a better job of explaining it.

When the 'Now playing screen' is implemented, this will be done be it for video or audio, again like I said before in the next version.
anil.smp Wrote:Consider it done in version 2 for sure.

Awesome! Nod
Are you planning for a release suitable for iPad aswell?

My personal situation is that I don't have an Iphone but planning to buy an iPad and use it primary as an "home automation" unit.

Your app could be the solution I've been looking for if I'm able to control both XBMC and other equipment via http.
spitz66 Wrote:Awesome! Nod
Are you planning for a release suitable for iPad aswell?

My personal situation is that I don't have an Iphone but planning to buy an iPad and use it primary as an "home automation" unit.

Your app could be the solution I've been looking for if I'm able to control both XBMC and other equipment via http.

Yeah. I have plans of making an iPad version too. I don't have an iPad as of now. Will get one soon and then implement the app.
anil.smp Wrote:Yeah. I have plans of making an iPad version too. I don't have an iPad as of now. Will get one soon and then implement the app.

Well, with luck hopefully your hard work on this app will actually fund your purchase of an iPad.
I ask because I have a 1st gen iPod Touch that's stuck on ios 3.1.3... and XBMC Remote is the only remote application (with a coverflow/library view) that still supports the older iOS...

Though XBMC Remote is no longer updated, it works but only until the API changes in XBMC v11. It would be nice to move to a successor, and this looks like it, especially with the editable buttons (a feature I love from XBMC Remote).

In that regard, would adding a "custom" button feature be feasible? Using this feature in XBMC Remote, Ive more or less duplicated the functionality of the Sonos box, though I only wish I could add buttons to the coverflow view so I can queue up music without having to see the TV (as the remote buttons are only good with a visual context).

If not that, then for the coverflow view for music, would it be possible to add a couple different buttons rather than defaulting to play now.

Maybe a play now button, a queue next, and add to end of queue... plus the ability to see the playlist.
BuddyRich Wrote:I ask because I have a 1st gen iPod Touch that's stuck on ios 3.1.3... and XBMC Remote is the only remote application (with a coverflow/library view) that still supports the older iOS...

Though XBMC Remote is no longer updated, it works but only until the API changes in XBMC v11. It would be nice to move to a successor, and this looks like it, especially with the editable buttons (a feature I love from XBMC Remote).

In that regard, would adding a "custom" button feature be feasible? Using this feature in XBMC Remote, Ive more or less duplicated the functionality of the Sonos box, though I only wish I could add buttons to the coverflow view so I can queue up music without having to see the TV (as the remote buttons are only good with a visual context).

If not that, then for the coverflow view for music, would it be possible to add a couple different buttons rather than defaulting to play now.

Maybe a play now button, a queue next, and add to end of queue... plus the ability to see the playlist.

At this moment, I am sorry to tell you that iOS 4.3 is a minimum requirement. This is because of some animation stuff that I am doing which uses APIs available only on iOS 4 and above. The chances of supporting it are also quite bleak since for one thing I do not have a device having iOS 3, and another thing it is frankly too difficult to support both versions at the same time - Too much of version based customization needs to be done to support a small percentage of folks out there. About the custom button, yes I can confirm that it is going to be added Smile.

Folks, those of you waiting for beta testing, I know this sounds crazy, Apple has taken a week and a half now and yet not migrated my account. I am really sorry but I am kind of helpless now - at the mercy of the BIG APPLE.
No worries. Time has passed ios3 by. I still have my iphone4 to use.

Good news on the custom button.

Any possibility of adding queuing functionality (queue item, maybe a separate "queue next" to insert it into the 2nd spot in the queue rather than the end)to the coverflow view so you can control music without the need to have the TV on (to do more than play the selected song)?
No new newa about when the beta will be up for release?
Apple still holding you off?
Berggren Wrote:No new newa about when the beta will be up for release?
Apple still holding you off?

Yeah. I keep calling them and they keep telling me that it is being reviewed by 'Senior executives' and that they have a lot of work in their hand. I am fed up really..
I wish Apple would get their act together, my new iPhone is itching for a remote!
Glave Wrote:I wish Apple would get their act together, my new iPhone is itching for a remote!

Finally I got the account set up and running. That was 20 days. It was absolutely crazy. Will send you guys the beta version shortly. Anyone interested can please send your UDID and email address please.
anil.smp Wrote:Finally I got the account set up and running. That was 20 days. It was absolutely crazy. Will send you guys the beta version shortly. Anyone interested can please send your UDID and email address please.

BEST news I've had today.
anil.smp Wrote:Finally I got the account set up and running. That was 20 days. It was absolutely crazy. Will send you guys the beta version shortly. Anyone interested can please send your UDID and email address please.

This is great! I'll resend my udid now since I've gotten a new phone since I originally sent it lol
touser Wrote:This is great! I'll resend my udid now since I've gotten a new phone since I originally sent it lol

Sorry Guys.. have been a little caught up with may day job, Will work through the night this weekend to release the beta. And maybe mid next week, submit on app store.. Cheers.
Hi Folks.. Finally the first build of the beta release has been sent to all who applied. I would greatly appreciate any feedback received.
-Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Cntrlr for iPhone [Under Development]0