• 10(current)
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS
Memphiz Wrote:allways paste full logs - don't cut them ... also case sensitivity might be a problem ... is it film or Film? Do you have debug logging on?

The folder is named Film.

I'm gonna post full log when I get home. Just wanted to try and save you some time not having to view a full log.
Dzigg Wrote:Is your external drive formatted in FAT32 or NTFS? It could be the problem..

Somehow Lion can't 'see' FAT32 or NTFS formatted drive.. I had the same issue, and now I'm in the process of reformatting mine and re-transfer all my libraries *sigh

The drive is formated as Mac OS Extended (Journaled), so don't think that is the problem.

Thx for the suggestion though.
Dzigg Wrote:Is your external drive formatted in FAT32 or NTFS? It could be the problem..

Somehow Lion can't 'see' FAT32 or NTFS formatted drive.. I had the same issue, and now I'm in the process of reformatting mine and re-transfer all my libraries *sigh

This is incorrect. Lion has no problem seeing either of those formats for a drive.
Doombelly Wrote:Memphiz:

Great... will test as soon as possible. However buildbot just failed so I hope to test it tomorrow.

I am happy to report that my problems are gone. XBMC now scraps my library again. Thank you so much for your help.
Ned Scott Wrote:This is incorrect. Lion has no problem seeing either of those formats for a drive.

There are a few people with the same problem as mine in the Apple forum, not being able to share NTFS nor FAT32 external drive on the network, and no solution as of yet Sad
Filib Wrote:The folder is named Film.

I'm gonna post full log when I get home. Just wanted to try and save you some time not having to view a full log.

xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/bGAkJv9j

since i've added a new user account called xbmc with password 1234, the correct url should be: afp://xbmc:[email protected]/Film

Correct?
Filib Wrote:xbmc log: http://pastebin.com/bGAkJv9j

since i've added a new user account called xbmc with password 1234, the correct url should be: afp://xbmc:[email protected]/Film

Correct?

correct ... and with that authentication doesn't fail anymore ... but accessing the directory. Could you try with the latest build from yesterday please?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:correct ... and with that authentication doesn't fail anymore ... but accessing the directory. Could you try with the latest build from yesterday please?

It finally worked ! Big Grin

Updated to the latest nightly build (the one from yesterday). At first I tried connecting by adding the ip ect. manually but still couldn't get it to work. Finally I tried accessing my Mac by using zeroconf and it worked.

I've uploaded the latest log if you want to have a look at it.
http://pastebin.com/jj209gvW

Thank you so much for your help Memphiz. Much appreciated !
Why is everyone using zeroconfig option?
Using the latest nightly build (since 1 of October) you can select the protocol to use from the list when adding a file path.
I say this because my mac server only reports samba under zeroconfig, even though its running afp.

Jules
I finally got it to work!

1. ssh into the atv2
2. installed gawk: apt-get install gawk
3. Created auto update scripts like this one: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108142
4. Launched XBMC and zeroconfig and saw the AFP option.
5. Pow! Everything worked...except... subtitles.

When I download subtitles XBMC crashes ;(

Code:
22:06:37 T:155734016   DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.OpenSubtitles.os_utilities] - Token:[r2u8ouj0bae1e1g4cdgrinllh3]
22:06:37 T:117485568   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
22:06:37 T:117485568   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fvar%2fmobile%2fLibrary%2fPreferences%2fXBMC%2fuserdata%2faddon%5fdata%2fscript%2exbmc%2esubtitles%2fsub%5ftmp%2fzipsubs%2ezip/
22:06:38 T:155734016  NOTICE: Regex File Se: 07, Ep: 03,
22:06:38 T:155734016   DEBUG: AFP: Using anonymous authentication.
22:06:38 T:155734016   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
22:06:38 T:155734016 WARNING: FileAFP::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - /Criminal Minds/Criminal.Minds.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[VTV].en.srt
22:06:38 T:155734016   ERROR: CFileAFP::Open: Unable to open file : '/Criminal Minds/Criminal.Minds.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-LOL.[VTV].en.srt'
                                            unix_err:'0' error : 'Undefined error: 0'
22:06:38 T:155734016   DEBUG: CFileAFP::Close closing fd 0
Can you post an example file path please? I'm having a difficult time getting your afp: file path example to work. I think i'm typing it in wrong!

afp://user[:password@ (wiki)server[/share[/path[/file]]]] .

Do I include the ]] brackets as you have it typed?

Many thanks
emmision Wrote:Can you post an example file path please? I'm having a difficult time getting your afp: file path example to work. I think i'm typing it in wrong!

afp://user[:password@ (wiki)server[/share[/path[/file]]]] .

Do I include the ]] brackets as you have it typed?

Many thanks

There's an example earlier in this thread... see if you can find it.
jd2157 Wrote:There's an example earlier in this thread... see if you can find it.

Found it....it pays to read the whole threadBig Grin

Fingers crossed, I'm going to give this a go right now!
jules1976 Wrote:Why is everyone using zeroconfig option?
Using the latest nightly build (since 1 of October) you can select the protocol to use from the list when adding a file path.
I say this because my mac server only reports samba under zeroconfig, even though its running afp.

Jules

Excuse me, but in my iPad with the last nightly (09/10) i don't see any option about AFP. There Are the usually SMB, SAP, Zeroconfig, and NFS. Where is the AFP protocol?
its under zeroconf - afp doesn't have its own browser protocol like smb, nfs and so on...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS1