• 12(current)
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS
Have you turned on dirty regions?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Dzigg Wrote:Yeah, I only played SD TV show.. but I'm more worried about the 44-47% cpu usage while on home screen / browsing.. is this normal?

normal imho... unrelated to afp
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:normal imho... unrelated to afp

Ah, okay, thx memphiz

@darkscout : thx for the info..
Memphiz Wrote:if your tc doesn't appear under zeroconf this would indicate a problem imho... you could add the afp source manually of course as

Code:
afp://username:[email protected]/movie

yes i can see my tc under zeroconfig, if so, is that afp connection? btw, what is the "username"? ssid? my time capsule named 'Time Capsule', there is a speace in between, how could i insert the space when add thr source manually? thx!
okay, here you go, i used VPN, haha~

http://pastebin.com/LUfqshVx
EDIT: I think I figured it out. The ipfw firewall on Lion server injects its own firewall rules on top of your custom ones. I think the Server Admin app ipfw rules were stomping on my custom rules. FWIW, I added 'flush' to the top of my rules which removed the Server Admin app ipfw rules before injecting mine.

ARG!

I am not sure what I have missed but I cannot get AFP to work on my ATV. I keep getting 'Remote share: Could not connect to network server.' I running the latest nightly build and have a Lion server hosting the AFP shares.

My sources.xml file looks like this:

Code:
<video>
        <default pathversion="1">TV Episodes</default>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Series</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/TV Series/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Episodes</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/TV Episodes/</path>
        </source>
    </video>

I am getting this error when I try to connect:

Code:
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/)
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [sources://video/]
08:38:07 T:154140672   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: 1
08:38:07 T:154140672   ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Login error: Authentication failed
08:38:07 T:154140672   ERROR: AFP: Error connecting to afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/
08:38:07 T:137994240   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/
08:38:07 T:137994240   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/) failed
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (sources://video/)
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []
08:38:07 T:804675584   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: 0
08:38:07 T:804675584   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 804675584 terminating
08:38:07 T:137994240    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------

I have successfully tested
Code:
afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/
on my desktop so I know the password is correct. I have also used telnet on the ATV to make sure I could connect to port 548 on my Lion server.

Any ideas? Is there a mount_afp on the ATV with the latest nightly build to test the connection manually?
bfly Wrote:EDIT: I think I figured it out. The ipfw firewall on Lion server injects its own firewall rules on top of your custom ones. I think the Server Admin app ipfw rules were stomping on my custom rules. FWIW, I added 'flush' to the top of my rules which removed the Server Admin app ipfw rules before injecting mine.

ARG!

I am not sure what I have missed but I cannot get AFP to work on my ATV. I keep getting 'Remote share: Could not connect to network server.' I running the latest nightly build and have a Lion server hosting the AFP shares.

My sources.xml file looks like this:

Code:
<video>
        <default pathversion="1">TV Episodes</default>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Series</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/TV Series/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Episodes</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/TV Episodes/</path>
        </source>
    </video>

I am getting this error when I try to connect:

Code:
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/)
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [sources://video/]
08:38:07 T:154140672   DEBUG: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: 1
08:38:07 T:154140672   ERROR: LIBAFPCLIENT: Login error: Authentication failed
08:38:07 T:154140672   ERROR: AFP: Error connecting to afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/
08:38:07 T:137994240   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/
08:38:07 T:137994240   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/) failed
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (sources://video/)
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []
08:38:07 T:804675584   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: 0
08:38:07 T:804675584   DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 804675584 terminating
08:38:07 T:137994240    INFO: Loading skin file: DialogOK.xml
08:38:07 T:137994240   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------

I have successfully tested
Code:
afp://[i][b]user:pass@IP[/b][/i]/Videos/Movies/
on my desktop so I know the password is correct. I have also used telnet on the ATV to make sure I could connect to port 548 on my Lion server.

Any ideas? Is there a mount_afp on the ATV with the latest nightly build to test the connection manually?

nope ... there is no mount_afp for testing manually. Does your username or password consist any special chars or so? maybe you could test with a testuser/testpassword for narrowing it down?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I've been getting an Error 10 (whatever that is) since i started using the AFP nightlys.

Basically i watch a show for about 20-60 minutes and the picture will lock up with a machine gun sound. Then it will either kick me out of XBMC or just lock up the whole Apple tv1 until i pull the plug. If i restart it tends to be ok for the rest of the evening which is weird.

I also have to use some software to keep my external drive spinning, AFP times out far quicker than the SMB did, which worked well with ext HDDs.
So this may have already been covered, my apologies if so.
I am using AFP fine with my movie collection.
However, I noticed when I set up my TV Shows using AFP NONE of them would play. Would just give me an error and asked me to refer to the log file.
So I deleted the source of tv shows as an AFP, and set it back up using the SMB protocol, worked fine.

Is this just me or do I have it set up wrong for TV shows?
Using AFP since available and loving it!

Always using the latest build. For a few days now I experience Problems with the network access.

The connection itself seems to be working (RSS always works fine, the afp source as such can be accessed) but all drives and contents dissapear. Being in a Databasemode like Movies or TV-Series I get a warning when trying to play a Video that the file is no longer available.

This happens every once in a while, there is no general pattern, except maybe this:

When accessing a destination via "Favourites" and navigating back, I get to see the Drives and folders of my afp-source, but cannot access them except the location I previously accessed via Favourites.
Romanes eunt domus
Paulkai Wrote:Im afraid no go for me I have checked in user groups guest is activated as well as a shares, but every time i try to log on to zeroconfig my iMac pos up but when i hit enter it says working and thats it, I then try to do it manually but it can't find it, I appreciate the help memphiz, I just don't understand it, the only weird thing for me is under sharing with my apple movies I have a list as guest, everyone, and UNKNOWN USER, which it won't allow me to delete, The only other thing i can think of is there is something wrong with this build

Paul

Just upgraded to the latest nightly 21/9/2011 and still the same :{

Paul, I was having the exact same issue as you. In fact, unless I had SMB enabled in my Mac's sharing prefs Zeroconf on XBMC could not even SEE my Mac. If I turned SMB off, my mac did not show under Zeroconf when adding a source.

What finally worked for me was rebooting the AppleTV. Now, when I go to Zeroconf I see my Mac listed for AFP and SMB. Adding AFP worked like a charm at this point.

Steps I took:

-Install latest nightly.
-Reboot AppleTV after making sure XBMC could open (it did)
-Configure Mac to share my External USB drive (enabling SMB is pointless at this point, so I have turned it off)
-Made sure the group "Everyone" was set to read-only.
-Open XBMC after AppleTV rebooted
-Add a video source
-Choose Zeroconf
-Selected my Mac (which was now showing up as AFP)
-Added the folder I was sharing on it.

Done.

Try rebooting, seems like you have done everything else.

Trev
skippr Wrote:Using AFP since available and loving it!

Always using the latest build. For a few days now I experience Problems with the network access.

The connection itself seems to be working (RSS always works fine, the afp source as such can be accessed) but all drives and contents dissapear. Being in a Databasemode like Movies or TV-Series I get a warning when trying to play a Video that the file is no longer available.

This happens every once in a while, there is no general pattern, except maybe this:

When accessing a destination via "Favourites" and navigating back, I get to see the Drives and folders of my afp-source, but cannot access them except the location I previously accessed via Favourites.

Do you have atvflash installed and if so, does this also coincide with its media player showing the same symptoms at that time ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Having set my ATV2/iMac for AFP protocol - all was going very well (for a short time)....

Now, XBMC crashes during movie playback and dumps me back to ATV2 menu. I have followed all the threads that report the ATV2 crash issue and have updated my hosts etc.....

I may have missed this so my apologies if I have, but are there now reported issues with AFP protocol and XBMC crashing because of it? (not because of the apple update ping)
Is there a known fix?

I will generate log files if this is a new issue (@memphiz)

Right now, I cannot play any movies because playback crashes every 10 minutes Sad

Thanks for the support everyone!
There are alot of known crashes with AFP and there is no known fix for it. You could give some logs so that i can verify if it its one of the known crashs...
activate Wrote:Do you have atvflash installed and if so, does this also coincide with its media player showing the same symptoms at that time ?

no, no atvflash here...

I even switched of FileVault on OSX Lion, since I assumed it could have to do with some kind of permissions, but this did not help
Romanes eunt domus
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS1