• 11(current)
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS
Memphiz Wrote:its under zeroconf - afp doesn't have its own browser protocol like smb, nfs and so on...

Thanks, but under Zeroconf there isn't anything. Will the AFP option show when there is a Time capsule on the network or also if there isn't any storage that use AFP system?
I am asking this because i still haven't a time capsule, but only my pc with windows 7 where they are stored my media to share.

Thanke ad excuse me for my englishRolleyes
Memphiz Wrote:its under zeroconf - afp doesn't have its own browser protocol like smb, nfs and so on...

i dun see the afp under zeroconf as well, i installed the xbmc by ssh just now, yea. and will afp perform a better speed than smb ang zeroconfg? im using time capsule + atv2 XBMC, each movie in time capsule is 3GB+ in 1080P. and how to put files path by using afp? my tc address is "192.168.1.7", movies are right under a root folder named "movie",thank!
johnita Wrote:i dun see the afp under zeroconf as well, i installed the xbmc by ssh just now, yea. and will afp perform a better speed than smb ang zeroconfg? im using time capsule + atv2 XBMC, each movie in time capsule is 3GB+ in 1080P. and how to put files path by using afp? my tc address is "192.168.1.7", movies are right under a root folder named "movie",thank!

Do you have problems when stream from time capsule? Buffering?
johnita Wrote:i dun see the afp under zeroconf as well, i installed the xbmc by ssh just now, yea. and will afp perform a better speed than smb ang zeroconfg? im using time capsule + atv2 XBMC, each movie in time capsule is 3GB+ in 1080P. and how to put files path by using afp? my tc address is "192.168.1.7", movies are right under a root folder named "movie",thank!

if your tc doesn't appear under zeroconf this would indicate a problem imho... you could add the afp source manually of course as

Code:
afp://username:[email protected]/movie
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
but when TC appears under Zeroconf, the link is AFP or SMB?
I can see the AFP option in Zeroconf, but when I click on it nothing happens. I've clicked on it many times and restarted my ATV2 tons of times - nada!

So as per the advice in the ongoing thread - i've manually typed in the AFP source.....but when i execute it - my ATV2 resets!!! Argh!! Again, i've tried this many times but the manual AFP source does not stick.

I have the latest xbmc update and nightly as of Oct 9th

Any suggestions anyone - why I can I not select the afp in zeroconf and why does my ATV2 keep restarting when entering in the AFP source

Many thanks in advance
emmision Wrote:I can see the AFP option in Zeroconf, but when I click on it nothing happens. I've clicked on it many times and restarted my ATV2 tons of times - nada!

So as per the advice in the ongoing thread - i've manually typed in the AFP source.....but when i execute it - my ATV2 resets!!! Argh!! Again, i've tried this many times but the manual AFP source does not stick.

Any suggestions anyone - why I can I not select the afp in zeroconf and why does my ATV2 keep restarting when entering in the AFP source

Many thanks in advance

I addition - I am currently running 4.2.2 (2203) - can anyone comment if this may be the issue? Is there a jailbreak from the latest version of ATV2?
emmision Wrote:I addition - I am currently running 4.2.2 (2203) - can anyone comment if this may be the issue? Is there a jailbreak from the latest version of ATV2?

Seas0nPass can jb them all.
After a long time I've finally got my Atv2/XBMC setup back to where it was prior to Lion messing things up.

My problem: My Atv2 would keep on resetting when entering the AFP source.
The Solution: By default on a Mac, you set your account by your name (Bob Smith) First name, Last name. I noticed that when trying to add my afp source in manually and removing the space between the Bob Smith it wouldn't reset. So....

I changed my iMac account name to my first name ONLY. I then edited my afp source code to be afp://Bob:[email protected]/Apple

It worked!!

I hope this helps someone.
emmision Wrote:After a long time I've finally got my Atv2/XBMC setup back to where it was prior to Lion messing things up.

The Solution: By default on a Mac, you set your account by your name (Bob Smith) First name, Last name. I noticed that when trying to add my afp source in manually and removing the space between the Bob Smith it wouldn't reset. So....

I changed my iMac account name to my first name ONLY. I then edited my afp source code to be afp://Bob:[email protected]/Apple

It worked!!

Cool thing. It would help me if you could get it back to a reset and provide the crashreporter log so that i can try to fix that crash (see the first link in my signature). Otherwise - hf with xbmc Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
emmision Wrote:I can see the AFP option in Zeroconf, but when I click on it nothing happens. I've clicked on it many times and restarted my ATV2 tons of times - nada!

I also doubt it's related to your software version but it shouldn't hurt to run the latest, i.e. iOS 4.3 build 8F455... and keep updating to the latest nightly.

If you're comfortable editing files directly on the ATV2 you could edit /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml and add the afp source. For example: (obviously your IP and path will differ, note AFP paths are case sensitive, SMB paths aren't.

Code:
<source>
            <name>Wired AFP</name>
            <path pathversion="1">afp://192.168.1.11/Videos/</path>
</source>
emmision Wrote:After a long time I've finally got my Atv2/XBMC setup back to where it was prior to Lion messing things up.

It worked!!

It is not necessary to change your long username. Your account also has a short username (usually the name of your home folder), which cannot contain a space. By default, OS X will take the "First Last" of your long name and make the short name as "firstlast", although you can change that when your account is first created (or later if you want to jump thru some hoops).

Cheers,

jason
I don't know if it's AFP related, but about cpu usage on my 2011 13" MBA is :

While playing a movie : 10-13%
While the movie is paused : 14-15%
While browsing for files/tv show/movies : 44-47% (!)

Is this normal? I would've thought the cpu usage will be a lot more when playing a movie..
Dzigg Wrote:I don't know if it's AFP related, but about cpu usage on my 2011 13" MBA is :

While playing a movie : 10-13%
While the movie is paused : 14-15%
While browsing for files/tv show/movies : 44-47% (!)

Is this normal? I would've thought the cpu usage will be a lot more when playing a movie..

depends on the video format of the movie. is not hardware video decode nice Smile
davilla Wrote:depends on the video format of the movie. is not hardware video decode nice Smile

Yeah, I only played SD TV show.. but I'm more worried about the 44-47% cpu usage while on home screen / browsing.. is this normal?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new AFPClient for iOS/OSX <--SOLUTION FOR LION USERS1