• 10(current)
script.module.metautils dev
Eldorado Wrote:Pushed in some more updates, it's gotta be almost there! Smile

- single movie refresh should be working solid, would like others to test this one out.. it's really meant to correct failed lookups or incorrect matches when searching by name. If you already have the imdb/tmdb id then it may insert a duplicate entry
- a bunch of other small fix ups here and there, more logging etc.
- dates converting properly now

Would really like some good testing against the refresh stuff, I'm pretty sure I got it to be as good as we can get in an addon

I've also added a small tester addon to the repository, it's very quick and just shows how to search a movie by the 3 different forms:

- by imdb id
- by tmdb id
- by name/year

Then does tvshow, seasons, and episodes all with meta data

Also demonstrating how to toggle watched/unwatched status via the context menu.. still need to do some coding to automatically set it when you have actually watched the video, but is outside of metahandlers

And last showing how to do a single movie meta refresh via context menu

I should note that the tester addon works on the t0mm0's latest version of his common library plus my own edits to add context menu support so it won't actually work until he is able to add that support officially... so for now you can at least read the code Smile

Also... I'm noticing that I'm not getting watched marks to show, has anyone else been able to get them to show up? I'm pretty sure I am correct in setting infolabel 'overlay' to 6 for unwatched, 7 for watched... ? Using the confluence skin you should see a check mark when a video is marked as watched

This is really good now I refactered my code to use you private methods but I needed add a SQL coalesce to _cache_lookup_episode to allow for tvbd_id to be nullable.

For the watched status, could you fire a background thread on play event that polls what's video is currently at 75%?

Both file ice sample is on dropbox and updated metahandler is on my github.
slyi Wrote:This is really good now I refactered my code to use you private methods but I needed add a SQL coalesce to _cache_lookup_episode to allow for tvbd_id to be nullable.

For the watched status, could you fire a background thread on play event that polls what's video is currently at 75%?

Both file ice sample is on dropbox and updated metahandler is on my github.

watched marks showed up for me for the first time last night, using you latest metahandler and xbmc and simply skin, I did not code for it but, the skin understood I watched it!
slyi Wrote:watched marks showed up for me for the first time last night, using you latest metahandler and xbmc and simply skin, I did not code for it but, the skin understood I watched it!

I noticed the same thing. When I was using t0mm0's letmewatchthis addon, after I had finished watching it, it showed a tick for the watched status. I exited the addon and went back into it and the tick was gone.

I also stopped another episode I was playing and it shows what seemed like the length of the episode.

This was done using ATV1 nightly for about a week ago, Confluence skin.
The automatic check mark will show as it is a built in xbmc function

Though the trick is catching it and setting it in the DB so that it doesn't get lost..
Hey Eldorado. Just updated t0mm0's modules and also your metautils and there is an error running your metautils tester.

http://pastebin.com/0h52kWtC

Finally got back to working on my addon and thought i would run your ones first.
k_zeon Wrote:Hey Eldorado. Just updated t0mm0's modules and also your metautils and there is an error running your metautils tester.

http://pastebin.com/0h52kWtC

Finally got back to working on my addon and thought i would run your ones first.

Have you updated your code on your add_video_item calls recently? Your error is there and likely not related to metahandlers, post up what you are using
Eldorado Wrote:Have you updated your code on your add_video_item calls recently? Your error is there and likely not related to metahandlers, post up what you are using

The error is not from my addon but your tester addon.
See the 1st one i am calling is Hangover

Just installed all tommo's modules from the VideoID section and then your addon metautils and the tester
restarted XBMC and click on your tester addon and it will not start. this is the error log i posted.
Even renamed the Addon_Data folder of metautils just in case.

Just had a look at the line in your test addon
addon.add_video_item({'url': 'none', 'video_type': type}, meta, contextMenuItems, img=meta['cover_url'], fanart=meta['backdrop_url'])

Is the Context part catered for in t0mm0's module or do you have something different...
k_zeon Wrote:The error is not from my addon but your tester addon.
See the 1st one i am calling is Hangover

Just installed all tommo's modules from the VideoID section and then your addon metautils and the tester
restarted XBMC and click on your tester addon and it will not start. this is the error log i posted.
Even renamed the Addon_Data folder of metautils just in case.

Just had a look at the line in your test addon
addon.add_video_item({'url': 'none', 'video_type': type}, meta, contextMenuItems, img=meta['cover_url'], fanart=meta['backdrop_url'])

Is the Context part catered for in t0mm0's module or do you have something different...

Ah.. I skimmed it Smile

You didn't read my post - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=926...tcount=135

My tester makes use of context menu's that I had to modify into t0mm0's library myself, I did this as I wanted to start using context menu's to test out the refresh and mark watched functions

Just use the code as reference for now
Eldorado Wrote:Ah.. I skimmed it Smile

You didn't read my post - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=926...tcount=135

My tester makes use of context menu's that I had to modify into t0mm0's library myself, I did this as I wanted to start using context menu's to test out the refresh and mark watched functions

Just use the code as reference for now

Ah i see, will recode my addon then to use current t0mm0 code minus the context stuff.
Was there much you added to t0mm0s module for the context. is it possible to put on your git to test.

tks
k_zeon Wrote:Ah i see, will recode my addon then to use current t0mm0 code minus the context stuff.
Was there much you added to t0mm0s module for the context. is it possible to put on your git to test.

tks

Not much, what I did though was just kind of patchy

Take a look in the urlresolver thread where I asked t0mm0 about it, he pointed me to some code Dragonwin did which I used to modify mine
Need some input..

If your familiar with Icefilms, it does a check at startup for whether you have downloaded it's meta pack or not.. it does this very basic by checking if the folders and I believe the DB file exists

Now with the intent of this module it's not as straightforward.. since the DB and folder structure could already exist from another addon making use of it, how does an addon check if you have downloaded it's respective meta pack?

I was thinking of this:

Create a table in the DB which would write a single record per addon, added only when meta pack has been installed.. it would be a very simple table, possibly storing just the addon id for each pack that has been installed

On startup the addon calls a quick function in MetaContainers that checks this table for it's ID.. if no record found returns a false and you know your pack isn't installed

Can anyone find any holes in this? Or even a better way of doing this?
sounds ok, also would your code check meta data as its being installed so there is no duplication.
k_zeon Wrote:sounds ok, also would your code check meta data as its being installed so there is no duplication.

Yep, I haven't written it yet but the idea is to do inserts into the tables and ignore and duplicate key errors

For covers it would likely just overwrite them, should be no harm in that
Also just realized I didn't have a changed watched status function for seasons, which then led me to some thinking..

If the user sets a season to watched, should I then auto-update all the episodes for that season to watched

Then.. if a user sets a tv show to watched, should I auto-update all the seasons and episodes

And vice-versa..

I'm thinking yes.. but could lead to some much bigger work..

Say a user sets individually all the episodes within a season to watched, ideally then I should somehow detect this and auto-update the season to be watched.. and of course same applies at the season/tv show level..

Ugh... Smile
Eldorado Wrote:Yep, I haven't written it yet but the idea is to do inserts into the tables and ignore and duplicate key errors

For covers it would likely just overwrite them, should be no harm in that

Just a thought, what if a user selects a movie and picks a different image to display ie a custom image

would that then get over written...

maybe if exists then don't insert new pics or info
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.module.metautils dev2