iPhone/iPad for controlling XBMC
currently in the process of completing my first set of XBMC on my window 7 machine... which is a HP Compaq 8200 Elite... currently using a wired mouse and keyboard (but hopefully for the setup process)

im hoping to get rid of them and use a wireless device...

is it possible to use a iphone or ipad to control XBMC? if so how?

thanks
Yes.

There is a web interface(if you enable it) or there are apps.
I use XBMC commander, works pretty well.
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
How will the iPhone/iPad interact with the HP Compaq 8200 Elite machine?

Thanks
akhlaq768 Wrote:How will the iPhone/iPad interact with the HP Compaq 8200 Elite machine?

Thanks

It integrates with xbmc regardles of the hardware you use.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
interesting... is there a setup page for this
To use the web interface the HTTP server must be switched on. I think that it's on by default, but check by having a look under the network settings. Also make a note of the port being used by the HTTP server, by default its 8080. You can also find this information in network settings. Next find the IP address of your XBMC box - you can find this in system info (which in the default Confluence skin can be found as a sub-menu item of the settings tab). To access the web control from another device enter the IP address and port of your XBMC box into the address bar of the internet browser, separated by a colon. Example:

192.168.1.11:8080

red=IP address, blue=port
The web interface should now load in your browser, and you should be able to control XBMC from there.

Although you can use the web interface, as described above, I'd recommend getting an XBMC control App from the app store. They generally work a lot smoother than the web interface. I use XBMC commander which works very well. But there's a few to choose from, browse the App store, or take a look at the supplemental tools forum
I use the XBMC app from the app store on my 3GS and it works very well (in addition to having a remote with configurable buttons and multiple pages you can browse your libraries and start movies/tv episodes directly from the device). Communication is done via network, so you will have to have some kind of connection to you local network (presumably via Wifi)...

That said, I tend to use my remote alot more often...i find it much easier to work with ("real" buttons that I can press without looking at them)...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone/iPad for controlling XBMC0