Is it possible?
Hi all,

I have XBMC installed on ATV2.

I was wondering Is it possible to connect via VNC to xbmc and edit movie info and tv info while someone is watching something on the xbmc.

Scenerio.

The wife is watching most haunted AGAIN!!! on xbmc ATV2 downstairs

I connect via VNC on macbookpro to xbmc and can update movie info on xbmc in case it is incorrect

I am sure i used to be able to do this with xbmc on apple tv 1

Is this possible or something close to it.

If there is another way I can update and correct mis-labled movies on xbmc from my macbook then please let me know.
One of the web interface add-ons did this (and works loads better than using VNC). XWMM. To use it with the latest nightlies download this zip (don't unzip it): https://github.com/downloads/slash2009/X...vn200a.zip

transfer it to your ATV2 (use Cyberduck or Filezilla, use SFTP, username/pass: mobile/alpine) at

var/mobile/

On the ATV2 in XBMC go to System/settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons -> Install from zip

Select "Home folder" and select the zip file you transferred and press okay.
Ned Scott Wrote:One of the web interface add-ons did this (and works loads better than using VNC). XWMM. To use it with the latest nightlies download this zip (don't unzip it): https://github.com/downloads/slash2009/X...vn200a.zip

transfer it to your ATV2 (use Cyberduck or Filezilla, use SFTP, username/pass: mobile/alpine) at

var/mobile/

On the ATV2 in XBMC go to System/settings -> Add-ons -> Get add-ons -> Install from zip

Select "Home folder" and select the zip file you transferred and press okay.

Hi Ned,

Thanks for your help.

I copied the folder over to the ATV2 but it is just a folder, every time i download it even though it downloads as a zip file the mac must automatically unzip it. I then tried compressing it in osx transferred it across and then the xbmc said it

add-on does not have the correct structure

any ideas?

thanks!
eddtr1

If you are using Safari (which I assume you are) go to Safari>Preferences, General Tab and at the bottom there is a check box saying "Open 'safe' files after downloading" unstick that box as that is what is auto-uncompressing the zip files. Safari see's it as a 'safe' file so it just unzips it as soon as downloading is finished.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
The zip file is hiding in your trash can. Safari can be set to "Open safe files" which will unzip it, but it won't actually delete it.

EDIT: what deanmv said. That's what I get for opening 20 new tabs and taking too long to read them.
Ned Scott Wrote:The zip file is hiding in your trash can. Safari can be set to "Open safe files" which will unzip it, but it won't actually delete it.

EDIT: what deanmv said. That's what I get for opening 20 new tabs and taking too long to read them.

Right I got it installed thanks to the help and all setup - changed the web interface to the new xwmm

now when i access -ATV2 ip :8080 - i get a white blank screen - it says loading XWMM and then all i have is a white screen

Tried it in safari and chrome!!!

UPDATE
I can access tv shows and files but still no movies - however when i access tv shows i don seem to be able to do much - i can select a show but no tv episodes appear
In that case you might want to report your findings to the thread about the add-on itself: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

What you are using is a new version of XWMM for the new version of XBMC, so there's bound to be some bugs. If you make a post there and tell them what's happening when you try to use it then you will be able to help them find the bug faster and get it working. It could even be something really simply, or maybe it's not even a bug but something I told you wrong about. In any case, that thread would be the best bet for getting it to work.

It's a great add-on and I used it all the time when I was using the previous stable version of XBMC (which doesn't run on ATV2).

Alternatively, you could use Cyberduck or Filezilla (Protocol:SFTP, IP:appletv.local (or if that doesn't work use a numerical IP found on your router or the XBMC settings), username/password: mobile/alpine) and copy the userdata folder to your computer:

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/

and then place the same userdata folder on a desktop computer copy of XBMC (see here for where you would place it on the desktop). Make the changes there then copy the userdata folder from the computer back onto the ATV2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible?0