Trouble with cabled connection and xbmc live (xbmcfreak)
Hi

After using xbmc for windows on my Asrock ion330ht for a while, Ive now decided to try out xbmc live. First I installed xbmc live, but I was struggeling with the inbuildt ir reciever, sound over hdmi and had trouble getting the cabeled network connection fast enough for streaming movies from my ready nas duo.

Then I came across this xbmcfreak build who is specially made for Asrock Ion 330, and decided to give it a try. Installed it succesfully to the hdd and rebooted the system. Everything seemed perfect, the remote works, sound over hdmi works but I still have problems with my network connection. I have access to the local network and to internet, but its to slow to stream even sd content.

What Ive tried so far:
-changed out the network cable
-restarted the router, nas and asrock
- sudo apt-get update && upgrade (desperate tryRolleyes)

Any ideas what causes this and what to do? How can I check/update the network drivers?

My Debug Log

Htpc: Asrock Ion 330ht
NAS: Netgear ready nas duo
Router: Netgear wndr 3700

Do you need any other info, I will offcourse post itSmile
Please help me

Thanks in advance
Ive now installed openelec to a usb just to see if I could get the network working properly. The problem occures with openelec as well.

Now Ive tried xbmc live, xbmcfreak and openelec. I get the same issue with them allSad Im starting to believe this is a hardware issue.

It could allso be a problem with the router/nas configuration, but I have another Asrock ion330 set up with openelec, who is working just fine, so I think the ruter and nas should be configured ok.

Any thoughts?
It sure was a hardware issue. Went out to the local electronics shop and bought a rj45 to usb adapter, plugged it in the Asrock and booted up the system. Now the playback of streamed hd movies from my nas is as smooth as it should beBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with cabled connection and xbmc live (xbmcfreak)0