Random black screens, and slowed down audio.
I have this wierd issue with my XBMC setup... When i view movies, sometimes i get these black screens, that are lasting about 10-15 seconds. And they come totally random.

Another problem is that the movies sometimes "slow-down". So you cant watch the movie or hear the sound, unless you wanna watch it in slow-motion.

System Setup :
CPU : Intel Core I3 2100T @ 2.5Ghz
MotherBoard : Gigabyte H61M-D2-B3
Memory : 4GB 1600Mhz CL7 (2*2GB)
VideoCard : GeForce GT 520

XBMC version = 10.1
Skin = Night
Not anything else fancy.

Anyone who have experienced something like this before ?? that may have a solution?
You might post a debug log from a time when the black screens or slowdowns happen. See my signature for info on how to do that. Also, what OS are you using?
Okay i have just added the debuggin, so i'll post some info later when i try to watch a movie... The slow-down is not that offent as the Black-screens are. Added OS in first post.
Okay heres a log

http://pastebin.com/cVycfMab

I this log i've had 2 black screens just after each other, and then i shut down the system.
dxva playback is known to have been broken by an Intel driver update since Dharma's release.
Either turn dxva decoding off or try a nightly version, where the problem was fixed.
The nightlies are not stable, random things might break but they've been pretty good lately.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'll try to turn of the "dxva decoding off" and see if it cures the problem.

What does the dxva actually do ?
LusKereN Wrote:What does the dxva actually do ?

Modern video cards include a processor to speed up decoding of video, which decreases the load on your computer. DXVA2 is the Windows interface for using the on-card processor. The terms "DXVA" and "hardware acceleration" tend to be used interchangably.

In theory enabling the on-card processor (i.e. hardware acceleration) is a good thing, and indeed on low end CPUs like Intel Atoms, it may be the only way to play HD videos. However Intel's implementation of DXVA2 seems to be a little shaky, and enabling the hardware acceleration on Intel video cards can cause problems like those you've been seeing.

JR
okay thank for the explanation on DXVA, i'll try to watch a movie later without the DXVA on. and i'll post back and tell if it helped...

The funny thing is that i have had the same problems on a AMD system.
The random black screen just happend again.

http://pastebin.com/3UsG7PPN

I have not gotten a log where the movie goes i slow-motion mode.
Forget what I wrote about broken dxva, you have a GT520 so the i3's GPU is not used.
There are lots of keypresses in your log, but other than that nothing special. The problem may be the video you're trying to play.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
okay i'll put the DXVA back on... I does not matter what movie i try to play, it is the same problem. Yes i also noticed all the keypresses that were in the log, but i dont know why Wink
Still having problems with this, No one who have a solution Huh
LusKereN Wrote:Still having problems with this, No one who have a solution Huh
sorry to read all your problems. here are things you can try:

1. install the latest nvideo driver for your gt520 here- NVIDIA Driver Downloads
2. adjust the screen resolution using nvidia control center to match your actual hdtv screen
3. in xbmc, do as shown in the screen shot below:

make sure to calibrate the screen in xbmc too, so that xbmc display content in the center of your screen.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thx i'll try out these settings and see if it helps... I'll get back with a update Wink
I'm still receiving the random black screens, but i haven't had the issue with the slowed down audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random black screens, and slowed down audio.0