The composite file name does not work.
In my private skin layout I wanted to use the control:

<control type="image">
     <centertop>74</centertop>
     <left>62</left>
     <width>200</width>
     <height>120</height>
     <texture fallback="DefaultFolder.png">$INFO[Container(41050).CurrentItem,special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/,.png]</texture>
     <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
</control>

but when I browse the container I still see the contents of the file "DefaultFolder.png" only. I checked and tested everything a couple of times. In the referenced directory files 1.png, 2.png, ... exist and they are readable..

If I display the final file name with:

<control type="label">
     <label>$INFO[Container(41050).CurrentItem,special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/,.png]</label>
---
</control>

I get the expected and correct file name including the path: "special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/1.png"

I also tried to modify the control and enter the full name and path directly:

<control type="image">
     <left>62</left>
     <width>200</width>
     <height>120</height>
     <texture fallback="DefaultFolder.png">special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/1.png</texture>
</control>

and in this case, the content of the file 1.png appeared correctly. 

I do not think I'm making a mistake somewhere. Or yes? Could you give me an advice please.

JiRo
my guess it's because only $INFO[ListItem.*] infolabels are supported inside containers.

Container.* infolabels only return something when used outside of a container.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Same isue is reported by MarcosQui iin thread  "Skinners: Please test PR13754"
This unexpected behaviour started after @ksoo include "Major refactoring of CGUIInfoManager"

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2736099
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
@ronie and @Angelinas Thank you for your answers. However, both of you mentions are not my case.

I get the correct value for the focused item, but if I use it to build a path and file name it does not work. For example, I tried using ListItem.Title instead of CurrentItem. I changed name of file to <ListItem.Title> .png and when used 

<control type="image">
     <left>62</left>
     <width>200</width>
     <height>120</height>
     <texture fallback="DefaultFolder.png">$INFO[Container(41050).ListItem.Title,special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/,.png]</texture>
</control>

and the contents of the referenced file displayed correctly.

My problem is, therefore, if I use for the compiling path and name this:
$INFO[Container(41050).CurrentItem,special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/,.png]
file (1.png) is not found, if I use this:
$INFO[Container(41050).ListItem.Title,special://skin/extras/icons/widgets/stream-cinema/movies/menu/,.png]
the file (abc.png*) is found and displayed.

* "abc" is content of Title of the 1st item the mentioned container.
@JiRo - Is your image control in the same window as the list with id="41050"?
Your method works fine for me, but only if the image control is in the same window as the list. e.g. I first tried in the video library using an image control in my custom debugging overlay dialog and that didn't work because it was a different dialog (but Container.CurrentItem with no ID specified does). However, when I moved the image control into the actual MyVideoNav.xml window, then it worked fine.

I'm guessing maybe you are using this inside DialogVideoInfo.xml ?
If that is the case, then you wont be able to reference a list container outside of the dialog. You can use Container.CurrentItem without specifying an ID and it will work in the video library, but not from a home screen widget (which from the ID number used, is what I'm guessing this is).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The composite file name does not work.0