Video Resolution
Are you sure? We have iWidth <= 960 && iHeight <= 544 which is false for 960x720. It will be registered fine as 720p.
I can tell you that:
Code:
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>HD Movies</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="videoresolution" operator="greaterthan">
        <value>700</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
Will not return a movie that is in the database as:
Code:
<streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>avc1</codec>
                    <aspect>1.333330</aspect>
                    <width>960</width>
                    <height>720</height>
                    <durationinseconds>4190</durationinseconds>
                </video>

So "videoresolution" must be showing up as something less then 700 (720).

EDIT:
It looks like "ListItem.VideoResolution" knows that it is 720, but the smartplaylist's "videoresolution" seems to be the part that is broken. (sorry, I thought they were the same variable)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Any update on why a smartplaylist and listitem resolution values seem to be different. In other words a video that is 960x720 WILL show you an HD icon if you are using ListItem.VideoResolution, but a smartplaylist looking for a videoresolution greater than 700 won't display that same movie in HD results? (Kodi 14.0-RC3 both Linux and Windows still do this)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
You're sure the streamdetails in the .nfo are correct?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The .nfo is actually devoid of any meta data for the video, it just has the standard year, title, set, and rating. The detail:
Code:
<video>
                    <codec>avc1</codec>
                    <aspect>1.333330</aspect>
                    <width>960</width>
                    <height>720</height>
                    <durationinseconds>4190</durationinseconds>
                </video>
is from an export of the Kodi video library itself.
Like I said Kodi on some level knows it's 720 but the smartplaylist system alone doesn't.

I have created a test file for you, it does the same thing.
[attachment=354]
Thanks for providing the sample. Will discuss with the others and keep you posted.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Code:
int min, max;
if (iRes >= 1080)     { min = 1281; max = INT_MAX; }
else if (iRes >= 720) { min =  961; max = 1280; }
else if (iRes >= 540) { min =  721; max =  960; }
else                  { min =    0; max =  720; }

Our code sucks, yes. You tell use "dimension" 700, we computer from there: 721 < width < 960. So your 960 width movie will fall through, cause of the "<".

My suggestion:
Change that filter from "dimension" to "video width" and don't compute intransparent things for the user.

The PR is fine. You could rename iRes to iWidth and the label needs a change.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
After discussing in the team channel, we suggest:

Keep that old faulty thing like it is - as we don't want to break backwards compatibility.
Add a new filter that searches for Width
Add a new filter that searches for Height

Problem solved.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Jep. Will add new filter rules after the xmas days.
Smile You guys rock.
Would it be it the smart playlist editor as a selection?
Oh, totally forgot about this one. Sorry! Will rebase and PR it in a few minutes.
For the record: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6611
Rock! (Sifl & Olly term) Smile
So I watched the back and forth in the Git for #6680, but after some renaming here and there, it would seem that nothing was done to implement your work from #6611. Did they not agree with you commits? I can't write code, but it looks like your solution solved the Smartplaylist issue by putting the control in the user's hands, and #6680 was just going take more control away (by locking in absolutely what 720P and others should be in code).

Sometimes when I reencode BluRays to H.264 with Handbrake it will knock a pixel or 5 off a side or two, thereby leaving the final file at a funny 1079 or 1070, which I guess one could argue is not true 1080p, but it's more 1080p than 720p and I would still want it displayed in a 1080p playlist.

Are there plans to re-commit your code from #6611 now that their work on #6680 has stopped? (Thank you again for the work you did. Big Grin)

As of "KodiSetup-20150320-ada3a4b-master.exe" we still have no new resolution options in the playlist editor and a 960x720 movie will not show up in an "HD" playlist made from the following settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Resolution0